HOLY SMOKES THUNDER BUD Vs THUNDERBUD HAZE

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thanks for the insight dabbie,really appreciate you taking the time to answer my daft questions.cheers buddy.aaww!its pissing with rain outside and iv gotta walk up and pick up my daughter from school.i dunno why im suprised its pissing,it is scotland aftet all.

Glad to have helped :D Pissin rain here too but i'll take that over snow!! :P

H

happy b

Ok everyone,the TB been chopped and after hanging to dry for ten days i took a sample bud and i did the same with the TBH. The TB smelled nice and fruity and the flavor did indeed come out in the smoke along with a lovely dank taste which got stronger after curing in a jar for a few days.the high was a good mix of head and body.i loved this one and will be keeping the cut of this for a mother until i pop the last5 seeds to see if theres anything even better.the TBH took a week longer so at the moment its been drying for ten days and is practicaly dry so i took a small sample and rolled it into a spliff.the spliff didnt hav much flavor at all and none of the deisely smell it had in flower,however it isnt dried 100% yet so i cant really condem it yet.sofar both strains test smoke at ten days dried the thunderbud definetly beats the thunderbud haze hands down
wether that will still be the case when both strains hav been dried and cured properly remains to be seen.so far the one thing i can say definitivly is..the holy smoke thunderbud is tremendous and would be a great strain for anyone who likes gpod dank weed with a great sweet/fruity flavir and a great head and body high.i give TB 8/10.i,ll rate the TBH when its been dried a bit more and cured for a bit.cheers

H

happy b

Hey guys,this is the final report.after both strains have been in jars for a little while now i feel i can make afair judjment on em.first up Thunderbud,the TB seemed more vigorous than TBH and was ready faster.the smell from both plants was great,as wer the frost levels.however for me the strong dank fruity smell of the TB was more appealing to me than the subtle deisely smell of TBH.the structure and shape/size of the buds of TBH was better than TB.TB was fairly viney,needing support for the buds that wer a little leafy(though the leaves wer caked in resin).it expressed about a 60/40 indy/ sat influence.TBH was short and stocky whith strong branches that easily held the weight of the EXTREMELY dense,chunky and good sized buds.after a week cure the TB smoked almost exactly like it smelled with a nice 50/50 buzz.the taste was really nice but i beleive ther will be better phenos than this one in the other 5 seeds.i give thunderbud 7/10.TBH was a little dissapointing in the smoke department.it had anice strong flavor whith a good stone that had a nice bit of heady stone along with the body,but the deisel smell didnt transfer through to the smoke,but it was still good.i really liked the indica structure of Thunderbud haze even though its called haze but shows zero haze traits,and the big chunky,solid nugs.i give it six and a half/10.i beleive ther are better phenos to be had,but both strains show loads of promis.in this show down,i give the winners medal to...THUNDERBUD for its superior dank fruity flavor.

H

happy b

Never tried kong but its a.motivation(sensi star x warlock)cross iv done sensi and warlock and both strains are MEGA DANK!especially the sensi star which is probably the strongest tasting/smelling weed iv ever had and iv had LOADS.Holy smoke is a top company,bit pricey on ther fems ÂŁ10per seed but the have some CRACKING STRAINS in regs on attitude.also hazeman monkey balls are re released just for the holidays.but anyway Kong sounds like a good one.they also got guava ghost train haze,guava a dub,blackberry deisel and the one i would get Alien fire fruit.holy smoke also have some nice rare African landrace sativas going fairly cheap on cannazonn.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bennybaby

Never tried kong but its a.motivation(sensi star x warlock)cross iv done sensi and warlock and both strains are MEGA DANK!especially the sensi star which is probably the strongest tasting/smelling weed iv ever had and iv had LOADS.Holy smoke is a top company,bit pricey on ther fems ÂŁ10per seed but the have some CRACKING STRAINS in regs on attitude.also hazeman monkey balls are re released just for the holidays.but anyway Kong sounds like a good one.they also got guava ghost train haze,guava a dub,blackberry deisel and the one i would get Alien fire fruit.holy smoke also have some nice rare African landrace sativas going fairly cheap on cannazonn.

Ok I asked because I'm running kong twice now both times from seed because tude sent me a replacement seeing as how the first time the pure indica 45 day flowering time kong ended up growing into a five foot tall ten week flowering time haze!!!!!!!!! YES that's right and this time after week one of flower I'm seeing the same long thin leaves and super stretchy SATIVA leaning qualities!!! I'm dying to talk to someone who has ran kong recently to see if they are getting the same results...I'm not a nube, I use double ended 1000 watt gavitas with co2 a/c fans in roots soil with the entire canna line and am consistently crushing whatever I run... I purchase seeds almost once a month usually dropping 3-4 hundred which Is why tude is so cool with sending me replacements when I have an issue (big up to them by the way)...the breeder completely refused to believe me and argued with me and just flat out would not accept what I told him but I offered to send pics and relay any info he might need... I really just wanted to figure out what I was running because it definitely was not kong!!!! It was very hazey in the end and lanky as shit and all together not great but I don't LOVE sativas so who knows. ANY THOUGHTS?????

H

happy b

Holysmoke do landrace sativas perhaps they got pavkaged wrong or perhaps its some of theyr old mallberry stock.just guessing though.i heard the guy who owns holy smoke a guy called nick is a decent fellow but who knows.if the new ones are doing the same,if you have any of the kong beans left i would send em back to attitude and order somethimg else from holysmoke.guava adub or guava ghost train haze or alien fire fruit all look dynamite.good luck.

B

Bennybaby

Just imagine vegging for two months though planning for a height restricted flower room and ending up with something that looked like kali mist that stretched until week 5 lol.... as we all know I could give a shit about the 70 dollar beans it was what I lost from time and space considering I took a ton of clones from them before the flip and planned on running it a second time only to discover I was running this giant bean stalk... But what bothered me the most was he three week long back and forth with the breeder telling me things like "you shouldn't have topped it" and "I cannot discuss these matters since I'm in the uk", meanwhile he's got pics all over Facebook and DID talk about it for a while before deciding it was against his rules lol...I still have the back and forth saved on Facebook but I'm not a spiteful dick so I never posted it and blew up his spot, for the record I actually revere breeders like celebrities (bodhi being my fav).

Last edited:
B

Bennybaby

Wonder if he got permission from Scott of RD to use ghost train in a cross, and yea he was known for land races but now jumping on the wagon with the alien, bubba, og crosses, kinda weak even though I agree they sound good but I will NEVER take a chance on him again considering all the solid genetics I've gotten from other breeders that didn't let me down and more importantly treated me with respect: Hortilab, DNA, serious and mr nice all responded super nicely over the years and DID answer my questions even though they were in the uk.... I know I sound like I'm trying to just bash this guy but man if anyone saw the way he responded to my respectful inquiry they would too be disgusted just on a basic customer service level.

R

rezinator

Kong just won the Hightimes Cannabis Cup in Denver Colorado ....1st place Hybrid !!!

R

rezinator

Wonder if he got permission from Scott of RD to use ghost train in a cross, and yea he was known for land races but now jumping on the wagon with the alien, bubba, og crosses, kinda weak even though I agree they sound good but I will NEVER take a chance on him again considering all the solid genetics I've gotten from other breeders that didn't let me down and more importantly treated me with respect: Hortilab, DNA, serious and mr nice all responded super nicely over the years and DID answer my questions even though they were in the uk.... I know I sound like I'm trying to just bash this guy but man if anyone saw the way he responded to my respectful inquiry they would too be disgusted just on a basic customer service level.
Holy Smoke Seeds have the same distributer as RD im pretty surE ,, also they been doing hybrids since before any landraces .... u definately dont research enough as none of the other companies are even based in the UK ,.

H

happy b

Holy Smoke Seeds have the same distributer as RD im pretty surE ,, also they been doing hybrids since before any landraces .... u definately dont research enough as none of the other companies are even based in the UK ,.
I know!Nick from holy smokes is from South Africa and from what i take from his posts,is a thoroughly decent dood.im not sure the guys talking about the right guy.and if a uk breeder tells you how to best grow his strains he could get charged by the cops thats why they dont.same as the guys who sell you lights and nutes.theyl talk about the equipment and what it can do but the minute weeds mentioned they clam right up.its not worth theyr while risking theyr lively hood to advise a stranger how best to grow weed.

B

Bennybaby

So frustrating, yea I'm making it all up he never responded like a dick and the kong I got TWICE (attitude resent after I said what happened) wasn't 9 feet tall both times and it didn't really take 70-80 days.... I'm just bored you guys figured it all out!! Look he simply miss packaged the kong for the tude and rather than just say my bad he argued and whined and complained but it REALLY fucked my shit up and at the time I just needed to tell somebody and to this day it was the only negative experience I've had when contacting a breeder..... Actually just last week I was writing back and forth with "the rev" and he might be the coolest person in the world!!!!! That's what was so crazy about this I've talked to at least 15 of these guys over the past few years and he was the only one that was actually rude

Latest posts

Top Bottom