Homebox XS & a 400w HPS - Need advice

• Thread starter RivalNYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RivalNYC

Hello all. I have a Homebox XS and plan on buying a 400w HPS light system. My question is, what kind of hangers will I need to raise and lower the light? Keep in mind that the hangers will need to work with the bars that support the Homebox XS.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Instead of buying a hanging system save yourself some money and just buy 2 hooks and some chain :smoke

M

mr. revolution

the yo yos are pretty cheap but ive never used them so i dont know how they perform..i myself usually use old shoestrings

Legacy420

Legacy420

KEEP it COOL

Rival I have a homebox XS with a 250 watt hid in it. I have a 6 inch inline fan that moves 250cfm's IT's still a bitch to keep cool.. I would make sure to have a good vent system and A cool tube for that light cause it's gonna get way hot in there. I dunno about a 400 in the xs. even my 250 is pushing it. I have the yo yo hangers but i dont use them due to a horror story my hydro shop owner told me. I would just go for some chains and hooks. 1

F

FastForward

I'd never go back to jackchains from the yoyo type hangers - for the sake of 8 quid or something they're just so much easier I find.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I'd never go back to jackchains from the yoyo type hangers - for the sake of 8 quid or something they're just so much easier I find.

Wait till they fail and destroy your crop...you'll br back on the chain gang with the quickness.

I have had so many Yo-Yos fail and be sure not to get even close to it's 22lb max wieght rating or your askin for trouble.

Tex

S

Stackin Paper

Chains all the way, i wouldn't tust them easy hangers to hold 1 cooltube let alone 2 of the fuckers.

Im old school though. Pack of 's' hooks are like 50p, chain is cheap as chips too.

R

RivalNYC

Rival I have a homebox XS with a 250 watt hid in it. I have a 6 inch inline fan that moves 250cfm's IT's still a bitch to keep cool.. I would make sure to have a good vent system and A cool tube for that light cause it's gonna get way hot in there. I dunno about a 400 in the xs. even my 250 is pushing it. I have the yo yo hangers but i dont use them due to a horror story my hydro shop owner told me. I would just go for some chains and hooks. 1

Legacy. Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

I got a 250w Hortilux in there right now, and while it's definitely hotter than the CFLs, it's not as hot as I thought it would be. The hood is pretty light in weight, too, which is good. The chains and S hooks seem to be handling the weight of all of it with ease, too.

Aside from all of that, the girls are loving the new HPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom