Homebrew420s' Seed Creation and Selection

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
coalcreek

coalcreek

Hey everyone finally had some seedlings come down and I was able to take a couple photos. The next generation of these phenos you see will be grown in rockwoool instead of soil, so the next round should be equally as fun.

#1 keeper for sure, Magic x Jamaican '13.... this plant's smell made me sick to my stomach, the smells where just this crazy rubbery fuel sweet darkness that is unique to me.
IMG 3188
IMG 3196

On the other side we have the Flo x Jamaican. Floral flo smell with a rotten rubber after kick..

IMG 3227

Fire OG Bx2.... Such a greasy nugget, it looks white only a day later hanging to dry.

We had 3 14er Special females (Tahoe OG x Girl Scout Cookies Fourm) that turned out similar yet different, I think the #3 (pictured below) was the best color, yield on point, and it had a very nice mixed scent from the Tahoe... #2 was was dense chunky purple hues but not a strong smell. # 1 looked a little more cookies and chunky, more golf ball looking but not very solid, purple hues again.
IMG 3166
IMG 3171

IMG 3164

thanks for looking

coalcreek

coalcreek

Looks great! Is that Magik x Jamaican '13 the same as the Jamaican Vodoo?

I'm not 100% sure.... I have the original image here of my seeds still and it clearly says Magic without the K... I'm sure Homebrew will tell us sometime here and it's possible that nothing changed, or the name was just updated as IMHO the entire project was and is very ambitious and shows how seriously they take cannabis.

I went into the shop today excited and left a little sad, the official seed list said Magik x Jamaican was still in stock but the worker told me he couldn't find it. It is sooo good and smelly man I wanted to buy extra of the Jamaican male crosses but they are low stock on the ones most people look to first. Dry curing my Jamaican crosses now in great anticipation. A worker today told me Dancehall, Voodoo, Captin Jack, and Light of Kingston were all out of stock today sadly :p I also tried to grab a Sweet Chunky Funky (Bright Berry Cookies x Blackberry Banana Kush) but that was out too, already have the StrawNana Berry which I'm sure will be awesome! Seems like all the Magik crosses are sold out atm with great reason.

In the end I just grabbed a Spectral OG. I've really been enjoying Ghost OG and it's flavors and I'd like to check them out against the Tahoe profile which I have experience with now between 5 different crosses.... I was just thinking how I'd love to see a Ghost OG & Lucky Charms project if there was a male to either of those out there in his stable. Too bad Casper OG is taken and already a Ghost OG ;) Much love for the shop and thanks for all the hard work 14er.

For anyone curious.... I just noticed while taking pictures thats the list says updated 5-4-16
IMG 3289

IMG 3283
IMG 3285
IMG 3286

coalcreek

coalcreek

Is that list available to only med patients?

The seeds are RECREATIONAL ONLY luckily for anyone of age who may be interested.

I picked up Jamaican Vodoo on Saturday...sorry, bro. Hope they come out with more soon for you.

I bought seeds on the rec side.

Well congratulations sir for sure, let me know how they turn out, I'm not sure what changed in the 2 years of seed production but I bet you'll find something amazing! In the end I hate to be the guy bugging the company about updating seed lists, they have real lives of course and are busy :)

J

Jbs

Sorry I haven't read the entire thread yet only about 20 pages but any interesting traits to look for in the Bubba Chitral's or Pan Jam's? Didn't get much info on them at the counter, figure the Bubba Chitrals would probably lean mostly Bubba, have grown some other PCK crosses and find it didn't seem to add too much to the other. And don't really know what to expect with the Pan Jam's except being probably a longer sativa.

J

Jbs

Gotcha, thanks Xavier. Never grown a Bubba but always wanted to and need a more heavy indica in my garden with all the sativas I have. Should have read this thread before going to 14er yesterday as I would have probably grabbed something else but I'm sure these will be fun.

And if the Pan Jam turns out being a nice female sativa, got some nice Golden Tiger pollen for her.

malamus

malamus

Gotcha, thanks Xavier. Never grown a Bubba but always wanted to and need a more heavy indica in my garden with all the sativas I have. Should have read this thread before going to 14er yesterday as I would have probably grabbed something else but I'm sure these will be fun.

And if the Pan Jam turns out being a nice female sativa, got some nice Golden Tiger pollen for her.
Definitely interested in that pan jam now that you brought it up, I was thinking about making a golden tiger cross here pretty soon. Curious how it will turn out for you. While you're here, can you say what about the golden tiger is handy for breeding? I've heard it has a powerful buzz and the Thai leaning ones have crazy growth.

J

Jbs

Only males from my grow so never got a chance to try a female Golden Tiger in my own garden. It had longer sativa looking colas on the male, lots of pollen, longer flower as expected and some resin on him with a slightly sweet, very slight, smell. Growing out some crosses with it and all are sativa crosses which means I'm seeing some really long flowering sativas. I really just wanted the Thai/Malawi genetics in my garden so saw no reason not to keep the male plus seen only good things from Ace.

Right now I have a landrace Thai, Ace's Guat, RD Moonshine Haze, and those plants crossed with Golden Tiger. Bringing the Pan Jam just adds to the sativa fun. For myself, just looking for my own very fun, tasty, trippy sativa so trying to collect various lineages that aren't already really worked, save for Moonshine Haze and breed out a few generations. Haven't had a good Jamaican in a long time so excited for it and if it's Ace's Panama, also heard good things from that, had a friend grow it/like it.

malamus

malamus

Only males from my grow so never got a chance to try a female Golden Tiger in my own garden. It had longer sativa looking colas on the male, lots of pollen, longer flower as expected and some resin on him with a slightly sweet, very slight, smell. Growing out some crosses with it and all are sativa crosses which means I'm seeing some really long flowering sativas. I really just wanted the Thai/Malawi genetics in my garden so saw no reason not to keep the male plus seen only good things from Ace.

Right now I have a landrace Thai, Ace's Guat, RD Moonshine Haze, and those plants crossed with Golden Tiger. Bringing the Pan Jam just adds to the sativa fun. For myself, just looking for my own very fun, tasty, trippy sativa so trying to collect various lineages that aren't already really worked, save for Moonshine Haze and breed out a few generations. Haven't had a good Jamaican in a long time so excited for it and if it's Ace's Panama, also heard good things from that, had a friend grow it/like it.
Sweet, thanks for the info I'll keep an eye on what you got going on.

coalcreek

coalcreek

That Jamaican is special, really can't get over the Magic Jamaican.... even though the Flo Jamaica also preformed very nicely.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Hey everyone finally had some seedlings come down and I was able to take a couple photos. The next generation of these phenos you see will be grown in rockwoool instead of soil, so the next round should be equally as fun.

#1 keeper for sure, Magic x Jamaican '13.... this plant's smell made me sick to my stomach, the smells where just this crazy rubbery fuel sweet darkness that is unique to me.
View attachment 600190 View attachment 600191

On the other side we have the Flo x Jamaican. Floral flo smell with a rotten rubber after kick..

View attachment 600192

Fire OG Bx2.... Such a greasy nugget, it looks white only a day later hanging to dry.
View attachment 600193

We had 3 14er Special females (Tahoe OG x Girl Scout Cookies Fourm) that turned out similar yet different, I think the #3 (pictured below) was the best color, yield on point, and it had a very nice mixed scent from the Tahoe... #2 was was dense chunky purple hues but not a strong smell. # 1 looked a little more cookies and chunky, more golf ball looking but not very solid, purple hues again.
View attachment 600195 View attachment 600196
View attachment 600199
thanks for looking
Proper work That jamaican sounds fierce!

homebrew420

homebrew420

And here is Lost Tribe, Kosher Kush from DNA x Jamaican landrace. Epic flowers in every single seed we grew. Making feminized version by reversing the Kosher. Along with Blue Dream, WiFi #3, Strawberry banana, LemonG, urkle (not certain it's the real deal), Chemdog #4, gsc, the Truth (jamaican). Should be some winners. Think about the prospect of a menthol type Blue dream.

20160803 094937

Latest posts

Top Bottom