Homesteader’s homegrow diary for '21

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just ordered several strains from Real Seed Company. I didn't realize that they were shipping to the United States now. Up first, Ill be popping some inbred Congolese and looking for the best male to cross with a GG4 clone.

Sounds awesome! Their Congo and Sudan both look really interesting, I'll be following along.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Yeah I grabbed both. Not a ton of info on either but worth giving a shot. Also picked up both their laos stock from 2019 and 2020.and a kumanoni. I had the thought of crossing the gorilla glue with a Congolese for awhile because of where gorilla live but couldn't order from them for various reasons. The gg4 is probably my favorite strain though. Hopefully always will have it but thought this cross would be fun

Homesteader

Homesteader

Starting to germinate the Congolese and hope this is the start of something special. Real Seed Company was beyond great. Thanks guys. Going to hold off on germinating anything until i get more of the current strains flowered but the seeds from Laos will be on deck.
IMG 20210322 133059

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Harambe Haze? Jane Goodall Bud? Congorilla? The Nine Hundred, after the number of remaining mountain gorillas in the world left? Virunga, after where most of them live?

Just spitballing here.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I'm thinking Gorilla Gorrila and donating any proceeds to Dian Fosseys outfit. I don't want to make a dime on weed or seed ever but if I could save a Gorrila or two. God willing

Homesteader

Homesteader

And how many times can I forget to plug back in my ezcloner this month. Hopefully not three times. I'm a bonehead. Time for new cuttings

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Watched/listened to this yesterday and really liked it. Probably too long for most though but it is loaded with great information. A little slow to start and don't agree with 100% of their opinion but nonetheless, great knowledge in there.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

Still haven't switched over to flower yet but getting close. I still need to get more light up in the other room before I do but it won't be long now. 4 out of 5 of both the congo and the lao seeds broke the soil.
IMG 20210328 073236

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Watched/listened to this yesterday and really liked it. Probably too long for most though but it is loaded with great information. A little slow to start and don't agree with 100% of their opinion but nonetheless, great knowledge in there.
Okay almost sold, I've been Googling and looking for an additive of mycorrhizal fungi and of course there are lots to choose from...do you create your own or is there a product you use?

I looked at Great white. $35 Cdn for an oz and I'd use a 1 tbl in the soil then 1 tsp/ gal every second watering until 6 weeks into flower. 1 oz would be gone on 1 plant through its life

...Yikes add 5 -6 flowering and the same vegging Yikes again 12 x$35 = lol $420 I may have to re think that...

But is there a brand that won't kill the budget you could recommend?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I buy a product called Mycoapply. I think its like $30 for a lb bag. Fedco Organic supply is where I get it but I believe you can order it online at several places.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I wouldn't pay more than $50 for any myco product and that should last you quite some time at that. A little bit in a healthy soil spreads quick.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I have always assumed the thai/lao strains have many more females than males but I have only experimented with about ten seeds in the past. I guess we will see. I have 17 seeds to find a healthy male. Should happen I would assume. I started five of seed from laos and I think the last one is just popping up now. Seeing some calcium deficiency on the plants that were going to go into flower this week. Going to add a bit more calcium via gypsum to the ones showing and probably top off the others as well.

Top Bottom