Honest opinions, first grow.

• Thread starter Jayrockbby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m at 18 day of veg. Going to definitely try the 24hrs of darkness before I flip to see if it minimizes the stretch as I’m growing sativas. That’s for the knowledge, I think I’ll give it a shot.
Burnz
not sure if you can check “my post” through my profile but i have the explanation there. not in pictures section.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Alright, if a 1000 watt hps can be at 23 inches I feel pretty confident about a 315 cmh.
Thanks for the video man!
Keep in mind that the radiant heat from the bulb itself can burn stuff... the HPS bulb coolers seem to work great for reducing damage and still allow the plants to get plenty f light

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I’m at 18 day of veg. Going to definitely try the 24hrs of darkness before I flip to see if it minimizes the stretch as I’m growing sativas. That’s for the knowledge, I think I’ll give it a shot.
Burnz
From my experience, Sativa's will stretch more if given only darkness. I don't know that a dark period will mitigate stretching later, but extra darkness has usually resulted in increased stretching until flowering gets under way. This is just my experience and you might have better info on doing this.
Are you only going to let then vegg for 18 days?

THCMonster

THCMonster

Alright, if a 1000 watt hps can be at 23 inches I feel pretty confident about a 315 cmh.
Thanks for the video man!

Yea idk really the evironmental conditions of your room, but i have my 630 cmh lights at 18" from the top canopy without any bleaching or burning.

Some plants seem to sometimes be more sensitive then others but seeing as i run multiple genetics i would say you would be fine with your light between 18-20" away from the top canopy

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
From my experience, Sativa's will stretch more if given only darkness. I don't know that a dark period will mitigate stretching later, but extra darkness has usually resulted in increased stretching until flowering gets under way. This is just my experience and you might have better info on doing this.
Are you only going to let then vegg for 18 days?
Oh no.. I have some time remaining and running 20/4 which is keeping them tight and bushy. I think it was more along the lines of 24hrs of darkness at the initial flip to flower, not in veg. Thanks Jim for the reply. Appreciate your feedback

Latest posts

Top Bottom