Hong Kong and friends in coco

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Here we go, my first journal on the farm. I'm excited to finally show my grow and to get experience from such good farmers. Ok so here we go...

75%coco 25%hydroton clay pebbles
1 gal geo pots
Drip fed and drained to waste
Vegged under a 1000 dimmed to 750 hps

1000 and about half of a 600's light radius is over this table. The total watts in the room is 2600 hps room size is 5x12. The table for this grow is 4x5. Other half of the room is for bigger individual plants not on a table. Will show pictures but this journal is going to be strictly on my drip dtw table.

Nutrients are botanicare KIND. There are 3 bottles in the line. Base (4-0-0 +5% Ca), Grow (2-2-4), and Flower (0-6-6). I have never used these products before but was recommended by my hydro shop so I'm giving them a go. I will also be running teas and using caps bennies about once a week.

Strains are

6 Hong Kong clones
14 Chem dawg clones
1 Blue Triangle seed unsexed at the moment
1 Alien Dawg
2 Sweet Diesel

I turned the lights to 12/12 on Feb 10th and put up a trellis net the next day. I have not worked with these strains so don't know what to expect. I'm flowering them small for a couple reasons. I don't know how much they will stretch, and I have 24 plants on a 4x5 table.
With that said I encourage any advice and comments. I've done hydro for a long time and some soil but never coco and never top drip so I will be seeking advice :)
Hong kong and friends in coco
Hong kong and friends in coco 2

FriedBacon

FriedBacon

What's up doc! I'm going to follow you on this grow and to give you shit haha

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Question.... If a plant going into 12/12 has NOT shown sex yet. Do you count your flower time from day 2 of 12/12 or from the day they go into a flowering mode. It seems a few day into flowering sometimes a week into 12/12 the plants will finally start to show signs that there in flowering mode. If a strain is 56 day flowering for example. When do you count that down.

freespirit

freespirit

Good question, I counted mine from the day I flipped, but not sure if that's what everyone does.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I usually count from about 3 days after the light change. It's a compromise between the two techniques.
My clients are having amazing results with KIND. Seems to make a lot of extra leaves; are you seeing the same thing? Great for the health and flavor of the buds; not so much fun to trim.
I used to get Hong Kong here in CO and it was righteous. Miss those buds sometimes. Subbed. Bring 'em home!

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Yea I'm really liking the KIND nutes. And yes it does seem to be pretty leafy. But they have remained very healthy so far. A little slow to start blooming. I picked up some bud booster to feed them in next water.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I also have a couple plants that are showing some bad deficiency and can't get it corrected. It gets fed from the reservoir with everything else but this one strain needs more I something. It's branches are hallow and weak with the leave looking like it's dieing from heat but it's not. I'll get a picture up of it.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have my guys on a regimen of Humic-12 (Age Old), Liquid Karma, Sensizyme/hygrozyme/some kind of enzyme, and the 3 bottles of KIND. GREAT results. A couple have ventured into the Botanicare "expert" schedule with Sweet, Hydroplex, pure blend tea, etc., and they have had a couple small issues. The best additive according to Doug (CO Botanicare rep, great guy) is just Pure Blend Tea.
I did the numbers, and with just using the 3 bottles of Kind, the nutrient numbers are comparable to GH 3-part with liquid Koolbloom. Without any boosters.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I was hoping to do a run with just the 3 bottles of kind but it seem like I will need to throw in a couple additives. I'm also waiting for caps bennies to arrive an will be brewing a tea with the bennies molasses and ewc. So before I add any extra bottles I want to see if the tea will help.

Thanks for the input altitude. I don have much info on these nutes. Or Hong Kong I haven't been able to find any grow reports on it. Hopeing it was a nice cut I got. So far the structure of the plants is nice but doesn't seem to want to flower a fast as the chem dawgs.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I agree with Cheeser. Don't waste time on a stubborn plant unless you absolutely have to save the genetics. The flowering period for sure is a rough time to correct issues. My only issue with KIND is that the N and Ca are in the same bottle. Not good for light feeders. Some of my OGs would never want that much N, but are Ca whores. The KIND is better for medium to heavy feeders, in my opinion. The tea you're planning will give 'em all a kick in the pants; great move!

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Well I was able to take some clones from the plant on the table with the problem before the problem came to surface. And it's the very front plant on the table I can very easily pull it off at any time. Probably will end up doing that just want to see if it gets better.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Another note about the grow. They have only had a 600 w above them in a 5x7 space. I ran into some electrical issues and had to cut my power back. After new wiring and a new Titan controller things will be back to normal after today. But the plants did get effected by the weak spread of light. The center plants are flourishing and the outer plants are hurting with growth and flower sites. After today they will be back up to 2000w

green bastard

green bastard

the coco your using did you rinse it out beofre you started using it?

green bastard

green bastard

your ph could be outta wack if you didnt wrinse your coco with ph balanced water to

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I rinsed my coco an ph balanced it before use. The two plants that are giving me this issue are two different strains. Both been in there coco pots for awhile now and just started showing signs. But as they have gotten bigger I've increased nutrients. So I'm thinking cheeser might be right and altitude also is right that the KIND line is heavy in N. The base is heavy Ca and extra N in addition to the grow bottle

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Everything is coming in great I will put up some better room shots and update you all with detail. But I have a question for you plant doctors. Take a look at these leaves only a few plants are doing this. The one pictures being the worst. I have a heat issue night now so I know some of the issues are heat but what nutrient is it deficient.

This is yesterday

And this is today.

This ones lower fan leaves are hanging low dropping over its top fan leaves are perking up reaching toward the light?!?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom