• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Compost tea's:

Mine I brew in a 275 gallon tote.
After brew, pump right out of tank, into on demand pump, then into hose with a dram head on. I now keep my compost and everything in a bag, so it clogs less. You can also run a sediment filter that you can have with union fittings that you can remove when you don't need it.

You don't need a lot guys. I water my plants fully, then take my tea and water a couple gallons per plant. Just enough to get the top 1" wet and pumping the microbes. I do times do full waterings with just tea, but like you guys have stated, I got better things to do.

Easy peasy guys.

As for those bottled microbes, blah. They all seem subpar to me, but the ease of application is second to none. You guys use Taino?

Blaze

Blaze

I've talked to a few people over the last couple of days who have had success with running tea through drip. With the right filter and pump it sounds like it can certainly be done. Flushing with water afterwards or something like Dr Zymes to keep the lines clean should help too. I would still have to manually switch the tea from zone to zone and monitor the levels in the tank, and then flush and clean the system afterwards but that will still be about 4 times faster than a hand application.

I would agree with Bulldog on the bottled microbes too. I tried a few last year and saw zero activity under my microscope - as far as I could tell none of them had anything alive in them. Brewing is definitely the way to go. Might try switching up our recipe a bit too, supposedly brewing with frass results in less bio-film and therefore less clogging. Worth looking into.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Would love to hear a recipe or two. I tend to keep it simple with EWC, compost, molasses. Looking for a good Ca and P source. Soft rock phosphate or bone meal....... not sure which one I will go with. I follow Microbemans instructions for the most part. We are talking ACT's or nutrient teas?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Gonna go get a 2000 pound tote of the Green Gro flowering top dressing fertilizer and put some around each plant in the bed.. Thats gonna be our main fertilizer along with some seaweed and liquid fish which are both pretty cheap..

How much for the 2000 pound tote?

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

I've talked to a few people over the last couple of days who have had success with running tea through drip. With the right filter and pump it sounds like it can certainly be done. Flushing with water afterwards or something like Dr Zymes to keep the lines clean should help too. I would still have to manually switch the tea from zone to zone and monitor the levels in the tank, and then flush and clean the system afterwards but that will still be about 4 times faster than a hand application.

I would agree with Bulldog on the bottled microbes too. I tried a few last year and saw zero activity under my microscope - as far as I could tell none of them had anything alive in them. Brewing is definitely the way to go. Might try switching up our recipe a bit too, supposedly brewing with frass results in less bio-film and therefore less clogging. Worth looking into.
What's frass?

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

I started using sprout teas this year. Any tried them? Guessing it would be a lot of work on a big grow too

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@Bulldog420 i got them down to 4000$ out the door for the 2000 pound bloom bag. Pretty good deal. The growilla bud I used to get was 3000$. I think the Green Gro is gonna be way better

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Yeah i used to grow train wreck in my closet in santa barbara when i went to school down there.. It always got super chunky and loved the heat issues in my poorly ventilated closet.. It always out performed the purps and cherry kush we were growing.. Good times :)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
You graduate? Major? Played lots of baseball in that area, couple regional tournaments.

I went to my grow store and they said they had the Green Gro in stock on consignment and nobody bought any so it got sent back...... Must mean it's good, people in these parts don't know nutes from poop.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

People up here seem to be loving the green gro microrhizae. I feel like buying the already mixed amendments is kinda a lazy way to do things but at the same time I feel like they have studied nutrients a lot more then me. It is a solid ph adjusted dry amendment that contains many things I would never think to add.
The downside is they probly use a majority of the cheaper stuff as a filler but from my recent soil tests I feel like it's a relatively cheap and easy way to go

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

You graduate? Major? Played lots of baseball in that area, couple regional tournaments.

I went to my grow store and they said they had the Green Gro in stock on consignment and nobody bought any so it got sent back...... Must mean it's good, people in these parts don't know nutes from poop.
I went to Santa Barbara city college for like 4 years and got my aa on communications. I took a ton of gardening classes which I loved.
I had my acceptance to ucsb right in front of me in communication the same time my back east connection said he wanted to buy me 40 acres in willits.
I moved up north with a buddy and started full time farming. Willits sucked and so did all my partners but I learned tons of great life lessons of what not to do and what this business shouldn't be like.
When I was able to branch out on my own and separate from all the negatives I felt like I had seen so much dumb shit on the mountain I new what to avoid

Top Bottom