Hope for the Heartland. A Change for America.

• Thread starter boxturtle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxturtle

I am not the type of person that likes to cause a seen but today is a day of historic importance, HB 2610 is being discussed at 1:30pm, and I encourage individuals to let Kansas leaders know what’s actually going on in there state. I have ailments like most of my friends in Kansas, and what unites myself to these individuals is not a common disease we all sorts ranging from chronic pain to cancer, it is a common treatment marijuana.
Today these friends of mine may actually crack a smile, for they are full of hope. The hope is that soon none of them will have to live in fear of being persecuted for trying to simply exist. Kansas being the last state to criminalize marijuana would set a wonderful example for the rest of the nation by being one the next to legalize it for medical usage. The use in Kansas is so wide spread that it is astonishing that Marijuana hasn’t been legalized yet.
The land of the free needs to be a land where individuals don’t need to be afraid that a man with a gun is going to storm them at any time, force them to lay there crippled bodies on the ground at gunpoint, and arrest them for the flowers they use as medicine. If the Heart of America is not free then what type of beast have we become.

B

billybadazz

Man I hope they legalize it for you in Kansas but don't hold your breathe turtle you live in the bread basket of America and the politicians there in the mid west all seem to be old hardliners and stuck in the "old" way. And like you said they are the last ones to criminalize it so good luck to you and yours and if they pass that shit than that means we are that one step closer to not getting thrown in jail for smokin a fuckin plant.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
Turtle don't listen anyone. The fact that you even have a bill would suggest otherwise. A lot of "western" folk are spoiled and don't understand that everyone can't afford to live in a west coast state. I live in a state that is in the bible belt and we have legislation up right now that is one of the best bills I've seen so far for MMJ. One thing people have to remember is that this is not about religion. In fact there are several religions that refer to plants as sacred.

From Wikipedia-

Cannabis has an ancient history of ritual usage as an aid to trance and has been traditionally used in a religious context throughout the Old World. Herodotus wrote about early ceremonial practices by the Scythians, which are thought to have occurred from the 5th to 2nd century BCE. Itinerant sadhus have used it in India for centuries, and in modern times it has been embraced by the Rastafari movement. Anthropologist Sula Benet claimed historical evidence and etymological comparison show that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is also listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament. Early Christians used cannabis oil for medicinal purposes and as part of the baptismal process to confirm the forgiveness of sins and "right of passage" into the Kingdom of Heaven. [1][2] The Unction, Seal, laying on of hands, the Counselor, and the Holy Spirit are all often synonymous with the Holy anointing oil.[3] Early Gnostic texts indicate that the Chrism is essential to becoming a "Christian".[4][5] Some Muslims of the Sufi order have used cannabis as a tool for spiritual exploration.

Christians-

Old and New Testament verses are used to show continuity in God's treatment of marijuana. God's mind has not changed.

Primary Old Testament verse is Genesis 1:29. This verse will show us God's intent for all seed-bearing plants, which includes marijuana.

Primary New Testament verses are 1 Timothy 4:1-4. These verses show God's contempt and condemnation for those people who are opposed to marijuana in any way.

It is appropriate for us to review these verses in their entirety. For convenience they are reproduced here:

Genesis 1:29. The New American Standard Translation.
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you."

Genesis 1:29. The Authorized Version.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

1 Timothy 4:1-4. The New American Standard Translation.
4:1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
4:2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,
4:3 men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods, which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth.
4:4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude;

1 Timothy 4:1-4. The Authorized Version.
4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

The Bible speaks for itself. It clearly says that God created marijuana for our use and says terrible things about those who seek to command abstinence or advocate abstaining from plants which God has created. Criminal sanctions command abstinence and are extreme examples of advocating abstinence."

B

boxturtle

Thanks Kakalak.
I have to disagree with religion being the main issue. Alcohol is legal and there is at least one bar in every small town, even if they don't have a grocery-store. Kansas is currently trying to set an economic model for for the federal government to fallow, that should include marijuana. Unfortunately information is slow to reach the majority Kansas. Misinformation has been leading Kansans to do nothing. Hemp should be differentiated from marijuana at least. But what can i do aside from writing a few anonymous letters.

B

boxturtle

Unfortunately I was not able to attend, by the time I had found out there was going to be an event, If I had departed Immediately, I still would have been much too late to attend. There must be a way to get the word out to the masses about these types of pro-legalization events. Does any one have any suggestions?

Top Bottom