hops

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Just want to chime in on this one > The japanese hops variety is the easiest too graft too in my experience ;}

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
^^^^Thats the same research article I got my info from.

Yeah I saw your post right after I posted. I called this hops grower this morning to try and pick his brain a bit.. I think they have the day off though as I am still waiting on a call back.

The problem I have is trying to compare cannabis with things like tomatoes. Tomato is a fruit. Cannabis is flower production. I feel like there should not be a comparison made at all. Strawberries, tomatoes, wheat, melons... they all have different optimum nutrient profiles.

Unfortunately, the studies for cannabis profiles are not as vast, and hard to come by legitimate research, not to mention so many other variables with regard to strains.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I must have missed/misread something.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
What kind of numbers are you runnin for P in your garden? I haven't gone over 50 in over a year.

high P is unecessary IMVHO and experience.

Shit, I pump it in there like it's goin' out of style bro. It's probably overkill but I like my current reg. If it ain't broke...;)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Shit, I pump it in there like it's goin' out of style bro. It's probably overkill but I like my current reg. If it ain't broke...;)

You should try less sometime. But yeah if it aint broke dont fix it...

OR you could be like jiro the sushi expert and be a perpetual state of trying to improve your creations.
:)

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter

OR you could be like jiro the sushi expert and be a perpetual state of trying to improve your creations.

Hahaha Jiro knows what's up!

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

The Japanese would take cannabis cultivation to the next level lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah I saw your post right after I posted. I called this hops grower this morning to try and pick his brain a bit.. I think they have the day off though as I am still waiting on a call back.

The problem I have is trying to compare cannabis with things like tomatoes. Tomato is a fruit. Cannabis is flower production. I feel like there should not be a comparison made at all. Strawberries, tomatoes, wheat, melons... they all have different optimum nutrient profiles.

Unfortunately, the studies for cannabis profiles are not as vast, and hard to come by legitimate research, not to mention so many other variables with regard to strains.

Thats a good read, I agree with you about the tomatoes, some ratios are similar, but I think hops are more accurate. Only if they had research on hops grown with hydroponics, that would be interesting to see how it would compare to cannabis in a drip system with perlite or rockwool.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thats a good read, I agree with you about the tomatoes, some ratios are similar, but I think hops are more accurate. Only if they had research on hops grown with hydroponics, that would be interesting to see how it would compare to cannabis in a drip system with perlite or rockwool.

right. I searched high and low and the only people I could find in to hydro hops were novice growers.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

right. I searched high and low and the only people I could find in to hydro hops were novice growers.

Yeah, the hops market must not be nearly as big as tomatoes, and its probably more efficient for the major producers of hops to go with fields of native soil instead of greenhouses full of hydroponic equipment.

squiggly

squiggly

Hops, like grapes, (and cannabis in my opinion) are known to take on notes of the soil they were grown in.

While the same effect might be achievable in a hydro setting--the market at large (beer brewers) cares about where and in what dirt your hops were grown, exactly like grapes grown in--for instance--the champagne region or napa valley.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I just got too say squiggly you are one smart mofo lol !

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hops, like grapes, (and cannabis in my opinion) are known to take on notes of the soil they were grown in.

While the same effect might be achievable in a hydro setting--the market at large (beer brewers) cares about where and in what dirt your hops were grown, exactly like grapes grown in--for instance--the champagne region or napa valley.

Yeah, I don't expect those farmers to use hydroponics for any reason when growing hops. I think a University study would be cool like the ones we see with hydro tomatoes, except hops.

homebrew420

homebrew420

The soil though very important is not the main determining factor for flavor nuance. More enviromental I feel. I have grown hops now for a few years. Cascade, willamete, and sterling. I feed them the same as my cannabis. 3-1.5-4 for flower, 3-1-4 veg. These win. Hops are more vines and should benefit from higher N, more so than cannabis.
Just my 2cent.

Top Bottom