Horticulturalist Seeking Property

• Thread starter ludatic12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

ludatic12

Hey guys, I am from Mass and the system out here has been severely delayed. I have been interested in Colorado for a while and I want to move out there with friends.

Do you guys have any information you could give me about securing a property? Can you safely do a medical grow in a rental house? Are there any towns that are particularly friendly towards this?

Thanks

starr

starr

Denver is like hollywood Colorado springs is like silicon valley. Your already way behind the rush. You either need a couple million and a ruler too mesure your wee wee in denver or you better be growing insane quality and have a pair and be willing too live in the black market outside of denver.There is very little in between.

L

ludatic12

Well I was looking to get a job out there, and do a smaller medical thing at home. I am confident in my education and experience. I graduated from UConn with a B.S. in Horticulture. I don't expect to take over a scene, but to provide proper flowers.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Yes sir! Colorado is beautiful.
Lived up in Summit County in the late 90's through mid Ots and can't wait to move back.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Hey guys, I am from Mass and the system out here has been severely delayed. I have been interested in Colorado for a while and I want to move out there with friends.

Do you guys have any information you could give me about securing a property? Can you safely do a medical grow in a rental house? Are there any towns that are particularly friendly towards this?

Thanks
Your best bet is to buy property where ever you like. I work in the restoration & mitigation industry that does emergency work on structures that have endured some kind of damage. 50% of the fires in homes I've seen were caused by faulty/overloaded electrical in their grow rooms. The mold damage caused to rental structures from a resale point of view just destroys a homes value. It becomes a lawsuit somewhere down the line. I don't know of anyone that would rent to you unless they were a farmer and possibly rent you a grow space. And I do know of those spaces.

llamabox

llamabox

We found property cheap, we live small and do less than 10lbs a year. But still we are building our fist house. Loving life out here in the mountains. Property here, you can get in the "subdivision" with water and power at $10K for 1.2ac. $1k down and $160 a month. Where as 40acres with no water nor power for $20k if you want to put in a well and solar. Feel free to drop me a line.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

We found property cheap, we live small and do less than 10lbs a year. But still we are building our fist house. Loving life out here in the mountains. Property here, you can get in the "subdivision" with water and power at $10K for 1.2ac. $1k down and $160 a month. Where as 40acres with no water nor power for $20k if you want to put in a well and solar. Feel free to drop me a line.
@llamabox, what elevation are you at?

ubi

ubi

check Craigslist. always be on it and ready for a background check and many questions. lots of people will rent to you and provide a place such as garage or shed, basement etc. to grow your stash.
be careful tho.
and be ready to pay out the wazoo!! their are plenty of landlords who will do it.
JUST ASK AND BE FRIENDLY!!!

K

kolah

Hey guys, I am from Mass and the system out here t herehas been severely delayed. I have been interested in Colorado for a while and I want to move out there with friends.

Thanks

First off, ignore the negative and hater posts. Colorado rocks and it still rocks. Lots of good people here, good weather and lots of cool shit to do. Any rural areas are pretty safe if you choose to buy a few acres on the outskirts of a bigger town. Realtors would help and so would Craig's List. If you want to grow weed in a rental house I'd get the OK from the owner and have it written into the contract. If the owner puffs weed you may also be able to swing a rental deal with using MJ as a barter tool. But don't put that in the contract. ;)

Hippie towns like Paonia and Manitou Springs are very friendly but any mountain places are fine as well. I am not a big city guy (Denver and Col Springs) because of the over aggressive nazi cops in those areas. I always suggest that people pop out here and drive around the entire state to get a feel for the regions/cities.

Good luck and get your butt out here...there is plenty of room and lots of opportunities.

K

kolah

Denver is like hollywood Colorado springs is like silicon valley. Your already way behind the rush. You either need a couple million and a ruler too mesure your wee wee in denver or you better be growing insane quality and have a pair and be willing too live in the black market outside of denver.There is very little in between.

<< Welcome back!>> again. <eye roll>

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

First off, ignore the negative and hater posts. Colorado rocks and it still rocks. Lots of good people here, good weather and lots of cool shit to do. Any rural areas are pretty safe if you choose to buy a few acres on the outskirts of a bigger town. Realtors would help and so would Craig's List. If you want to grow weed in a rental house I'd get the OK from the owner and have it written into the contract. If the owner puffs weed you may also be able to swing a rental deal with using MJ as a barter tool. But don't put that in the contract. ;)

Hippie towns like Paonia and Manitou Springs are very friendly but any mountain places are fine as well. I am not a big city guy (Denver and Col Springs) because of the over aggressive nazi cops in those areas. I always suggest that people pop out here and drive around the entire state to get a feel for the regions/cities.

Good luck and get your butt out here...there is plenty of room and lots of opportunities.
@kolah, hope you are not suggesting that my post was negative. From a liability standpoint the leesee or renter is wide open to a civil suit for property damages, not to mention the health issues for anyone sensitive to mold spores. Try to defend that. I do know for a fact that insurance carriers do not cover damage caused by growers when it comes to water/mold issues. If you burn it down you just might be covered.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

I checked with my gps today and says I'm at 10,648 . Doing a couple of greenhouses this year so my outside crop is going to be interesting.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It also really depends on what you mean by "grow"...are you talking about growing your limit of 3 plants in veg and 3 plants in flower? which can be done with 1k in flower and a single t5 in veg or are you talking about blowing out a basement with extended plant counts and or multiple red cards on site or even blasting tubes for shatter/wax? Most folks that actually follow the rules have very little negative impact on properties but few move out here to actually follow the rules, they come out here to blow it up and make money otherwise it is just as easy to stay where your at and do your thing. Denver proper is maxed out at 12 plants total, no matter what kind of extended counts you have and non residential non commercial grows are capped at 36 plants total and my guess is that is just about to be a state wide thing. So if your real honest with yourself and your prospective landlord and intend to follow the rules you should have no problems.

420circuit

420circuit

TK nailed it. Really depends on your plans. If you want to grow for profit be aware of how many people are doing just that and check out the direction of the retail price. I listened to Scott from Rare Dankness at the Cup last week where he mentioned $400 pounds being contracted by huge grow warehouses. Probably wholesale price, but still, a lot of business plans will need to be reevaluated as the supply increases. He also said the new way to run the business is to get rid of trimmers, their labor is not needed if you only cut the top colas and convert the rest to oil. He mentioned the economic advantage of making 70% of the plants into concentrates. The business is changing. Please don't tell me that you grow better quality cannabis and so will be immune to the rest of the business swings. People like Scott are involved with the bigger picture and are a great source of real data. How big a grow are you thinking about?

420circuit

420circuit

The homes being ruined by grows is a huge problem, so you may want to downplay that topic when shopping as it scares property managers who have to deal with lots of cannabis related problems. Long as the agreement does not mention it and you are reasonably polite to everyone it should be fine, just don't burn the place down, mold it up or cause a butane explosion, it's all good.

Top Bottom