HortiLab Starbud

• Thread starter HortiLab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

yeah i wouldnt get your hopes up dudes, they have been claiming a "drop" of some starbud beans on the farm for a awhile now with no sign of any drop in the near future. there was a good thread awhile back about the starbud, many said it was alot of hype. so i would just cross your fingers...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

yeah i wouldnt get your hopes up dudes, they have been claiming a "drop" of some starbud beans on the farm for a awhile now with no sign of any drop in the near future. there was a good thread awhile back about the starbud, many said it was alot of hype. so i would just cross your fingers...

Seems like it was a clone only, entered into the cups from a seed company as a seed variety, actually won, but now there are no seeds....so they have been searching for a worthy male that will keep as much of the traits of the original...maybe they are even working an ibl....

...takes time...and patients.....

anyone doing any breeding should understand patients...I'm waiting on the Starbud, and really looking forward to it (maybe even go to the midwest and sniff out a cut of it), but for now I'm curing my fix by ordering some of the other cup winners, such as the Amnesia Haze and Vanilla Kush!!!

HortiLab

HortiLab

...takes time...and patients.....

anyone doing any breeding should understand patients...

Exactly Green Mopho!

Actually we recently have been insulted & accused by email that it would be obvious, that we only care about money, which is pretty funny.

If this would be the case, there would be StarBud seeds all over the place for quite some time now...

Haste makes waste...patience pays off. :time

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
so when can we expect any of your other gear

A

Andy Botwin

Any updates?

Anyone heard anything new?

HortiLab, any updates you could share?

:harvest:

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I just had the pleasure of meeting hortilab and his friend again.

went for a nice meal and had a nice smokeout...the starbud is some real dank!

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I just had the pleasure of meeting hortilab and his friend again.

went for a nice meal and had a nice smokeout...the starbud is some real dank!
Sounds like u guys had a good time. Hope all is well at Hortilab and in ur garden as well, Logic! Keep us updated guys. Can't wait to see that StarBud in my garden.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I'd also like to know if Starbud will be available anytime soon.

TortureKill

TortureKill

This is crazy, Didnt they enter the starbud and win the 22nd Cup in 2010? Anyone know if the starbud was entered in the 2011 CC? I know they entered starbud melts this year. Just want to assure everyone im not hating as we know hortilab does great work and I have loads of respect for them, but how can they enter a seed strain, and not have seed available?
Anyone else notice how much starbud resembles StarDawg?

StarDawg
Stardawg_dried_nug_003.jpg

StarBUD
56468d1259489055t-hortilab-starbud-sbnuggets.jpg.att

HortiLab

HortiLab

StarBud is NOT related to StarDawg

This is crazy, Didnt they enter the starbud and win the 22nd Cup in 2010? Anyone know if the starbud was entered in the 2011 CC? I know they entered starbud melts this year. Just want to assure everyone im not hating as we know hortilab does great work and I have loads of respect for them, but how can they enter a seed strain, and not have seed available?
Anyone else notice how much starbud resembles StarDawg?

StarDawg
Stardawg_dried_nug_003.jpg

StarBUD
56468d1259489055t-hortilab-starbud-sbnuggets.jpg.att

Greetings Torture Kill,

the only relation between StarBud & StarDawg is the word "Star" in the name.

I was just checking the TopDawg seeds helpdesk after I saw your post here & found a statement by HeLLMuTT which describes the "StarDawg" as hybrid or even Sativa dom variety, whereas "StarBud" is as Indica as it gets and provides a heavy narcotic stone!

I would feel safe to say it could be the 1st time Star Dawg has been entered in a competition and it took second in the hybrid's. IMHO I think it is better placed in the Sativa bracket, but that's just me.

We have not sampled any of JJ´s gear and actually were not aware of it until brought to our attention in the Breeders Lab by JJ himself.

We had a limited amount of "StarBud" seeds available in the past & will have more soon.

By the way, there was no HTCC this year in Amsterdam, but there will be one in November as every year.

Last year we won with the "StarBud Meltz" (full melt clear dome water hash from StarBud trim) and in 2009 with the "StarBud".

We will enter the "StarBud" again this year & would very gladly compete against an entry from TopDawg seeds.

Hope that clears things up a bit...

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Well for me it's the live buds shots. Look at all of the live bud shots of the Star Dawg in the Star Dawg keepers thread in my forum . Now look at some live Star bud shots. If you can't trace the full history of the Star Bud, don't you think there's a chance they are related? I was told by the High Times guys that Star Bud has something chemmy about the taste. Sativa? I don't think so. Mostly indica. We have never officially entered any of our strains into competition, but would be more than happy to compete against anyone.

mack 10

mack 10

would be crazy if they "were" related:@)a long shot, but possible.I was lucky enough to smoke some starbud,sour power and the meltz @ the recent 4.20 in amsterdam. i have also smoked the extrema(Chemdog D x herijuana) and the starbud has no chemmy/diesel taste or smell,they are totally diffrent. taste ,smell and high.not been lucky enough to try any stardog yet, mack.just my 2cents.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Thanks for the update Hortlab. Any Idea what month these seeds will be dropped here at the farm?

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i can tell the buds are different its the name that gets you.hortilab when can we expect these it starbud sounds like a myth?

B

blaze 1

This sounds like a showdown to me TOPDOG VS HORTiLAB just playin i respect what both of you are doing already have the stardawg and whitedawg now i just need that starbud and sourpower ..lol

Top Bottom