Hortilux Dual Arc Bulb >> Everyone Opinion? Are they worth it?

• Thread starter Spacecadet01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HippieMoonshine

HippieMoonshine

Not for flower!

Maybe strawberries grow well with this light..
I ran two of these on either side of a Standard Hortilux super HPS.
Dual arc bulbs had lighter, less tight lower flowers and just over half the weight yield as the single arc HPS.
I tossed the dual arc bulbs. Maybe my experiment can help someone else..

C

cheech

^Interesting.. Anyone finish a couple flower cycles and want to report back with yield compared to standard hps?

T

Theinphase1

Interesting info....wondering how these would work in a vertical setup? If anyone has run these for a whole crop please share experiences.
Can these bulbs be run in both vertical and horizontal placement? It is my understanding that a verticle mounted bulb when operated in a horiztal posision tends to deflect the arc up against the quartz that is the lamp envelope in side of the bulb and this could be the cause of a lamp exploding, the way the arc tungsten filiment is made would supposedly cause the lamp to fail, or shorten it's life span. Any thoughts or experience would be most helpful. I'm interested in setting up a large scale commericial grow as in my state it is now going to be legal to do so. 96 lamps is my goal. I know this is a turn of events legally, but we are done with the Fed's in my State, and it's about time too.

DrFever

DrFever

Super blue grower here not even 10 day old babies that were 2" clones and day 28 if i remember correctly
Gallery 11738 4816 133840
Gallery 11738 4816 72830
Gallery 11738 4816 146457
from 2 " clone :) they are not good there the best also Super blue with HPS flower outstanding lol

DrFever

DrFever

Can these bulbs be run in both vertical and horizontal placement? It is my understanding that a verticle mounted bulb when operated in a horiztal posision tends to deflect the arc up against the quartz that is the lamp envelope in side of the bulb and this could be the cause of a lamp exploding, the way the arc tungsten filiment is made would supposedly cause the lamp to fail, or shorten it's life span. Any thoughts or experience would be most helpful. I'm interested in setting up a large scale commericial grow as in my state it is now going to be legal to do so. 96 lamps is my goal. I know this is a turn of events legally, but we are done with the Fed's in my State, and it's about time too.

they come in both vertical and horizontal when ordering make sure you tell the orientation

blis84

blis84

Don't use dual arc, for those w/ 3 1000 watt fixtures grab 2 eye hortilux super hps 1000 watt bulbs & 1 eye 1000 watt MH bulb put the MH in the middle or in a place where it essentially hits everything in our case some ladies get hit w/ it more then others and then put the hps bulbs on each side so the ladies are getting both Super HPS & MH, we've noticed a bit better trich production then using just HPS & a better yield

Latest posts

Top Bottom