House and Garden Base Nutes

• Thread starter grow_dat_nasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grow_dat_nasty

Hey Baddog im not too sure zone and roots excel will work using together, I read a post somewhere about someone having problems with them together. I decided to drop the hygrozyme and go with the zone instead and drop the roots excel. Might want to do the same or find something different to use than zone, not positive about this but I would make sure before adding together. Its good to do some research when mixing different additives from different companies. Not all additives work like their suppose too when mixed with something else, sometimes doing this will cause more problems than good. So be careful, good luck

G

grow_dat_nasty

Hannaman have you tried magical before it calls for 5-10ml per gallon and I use it at 2.5ml per gallon and it raises my ppm's 150 compared to the 200 you get from the cal-mag

G

grow_dat_nasty

So here's my new feedining schedule

DM Gold Flower A&B
DM Zone
Drip Clean
MagiCal
Bud Ignitor
Big Bud
Overdrive

So pretty much same as planned, but traded the Hygrozyme for Zone, and dropped the Roots Excel. Let me know what you guys think. I just began flower and I'm pretty excited to see what the UC gots. I'm hoping for some monsters!!! Here's a pic of my girls from their last day of veg, let me know what you guys think. I'm debating on starting a thread of my grow still, but I'm pretty sure not too many people would subscribe, do to the point I'm only doing 4 plants, thats the max number of plants allowed to be flowered in my state, SUCKS ASS
2011-01-07_20_11_10.jpg

H

HannaMan

4 BEAUTIFUL perfectly symetrical plants!

You make a thread, and I will bet you that will get more attention then A LOT of threads, considering the amount of weight you're producing with just (4) plants. That is perfect for a single patient medical grower, as (4) plants under horizontal lighting would be difficult to produce!

Make a journal, and ill be there to subscribe.

Excellent work! and as for the A+B+zone, PERFECT..

U

UCtestn

Hey Baddog im not too sure zone and roots excel will work using together, I read a post somewhere about someone having problems with them together. ...

What you read was incorrect. RE is not living and will work fine with zone. Feel free to talk to H&G rep to confirm.

Make the grow journal, you'll have lots of interest including me.

G

grow_dat_nasty

are you sure zone and roots excel can be used together uctestn, I read a few more places to only use one or the other not both together. Is there any journals you know of where someone is using these 2 products together? If so can you let me know which ones they are ? Not trying to say your wrong but I wouldn't try using together unless I seen it works for myself.

webstar5

webstar5

According to H&G feeding schedule, at the fourth week of flowering you start adding bloom inhancers (Bud-XL) to raise the P K and lower the N.

It seems right, if you are flipping them to 12 12 at one or two feet in height, then the first few weeks the plants are still growing and require more N.

Then they have Top Booster (a PK-13) plus shooting powder for the last few weeks.

I haven't used the shooting powder but I have sen a picture of someones grow who has. You could see huge new bud growth coming out of the already maturing buds. Pretty sweet.

K

kritical

are you sure zone and roots excel can be used together uctestn, I read a few more places to only use one or the other not both together. Is there any journals you know of where someone is using these 2 products together? If so can you let me know which ones they are ? Not trying to say your wrong but I wouldn't try using together unless I seen it works for myself.

i had better results with root growth when i used zone and roots excel over the grow i did with great white and roots excel.

sterile in the uc is the way to go
keep it clean and keep it at 66 degrees and you should have no problems

Prole63

Prole63

H&G full line, mid flower help

Using H&G full line plus Protekt , Cal Mag plus.
Tried using a lopsided i.e. 250 A with 350 B ,in flowering this time, an idea I saw on this board somewhere but have seen no reports on results , so I gave it a try. Seems to be helping to get fuller flowers.
Could always be strain specific? just don't know for sure
IMO the enzymes are critical with HG used algen in veg , multi zen during transition (1st 3-4 wks flower ,10 wk strain) and then bud xl . It seems that these products are derived from the same thing at different composition.

Getting correct nute guidelines from HG is my complaint too much conflicting info even from HG.

Aqua Flakes A/B
Cal-Mag plus
protekt
roots excelerator
drip clean
Algen for veg
multi zen for transition
bud xl after flowers get started
top booster( Good flush before shooting powder)
shooting powder

Any suggestions for a mid flower boost, before top booster?

That seems to be where they seem to struggle a little right before top booster,
it seemed by the behavior of the plants there was too much N and not enough pk early but i wouldn't want a heavy 13/14 too early that would trigger finish.

I too was worried about slow flowering and somewhere in my study I learned that a healthy happy plant meanders into flower because it is content and it not uncommon to flower a little longer in UC. I generally start to count flowering weeks 1 week after flip.

On fourth run on two homemade UC's ,still dialing in , but getting better every time. Thx for checking out my post.

All opinions and thoughts welcome

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The idea that plants need a "grow" and "bloom" version of nutrient solution is totally false from a agriculture/horticulture perspective. The idea that these companies have so controlled the way the users of there products think is scary. They started to sell you 2 parts, 3 parts, blooms, vegs etc o take your money. Now if one company doesn't do it you freek out and switch brands to one that will beat your head?

If you want to know about the products your using then look at the ingredients and do an actual avaialble ppm nutrient profile... "Dm rocks" is not going to cut it. Its time to be professional about this stuff.

Also the stretch from H&G scared the hell out of my boss (stretched about 2 feet). Here we are at week 4 with the buds totally filled in... the longer they streach the longer the buds.... If you know how to grow them.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

here is the profile at 10ml/gal for easy conversion... most are running 4-8 ml/gal...

H&G
(3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05% @10ml/Gal

N 140

P 50

K 250

Mg 20

Ca UNKNOWN

S 0

Top Bottom