house and garden bud xl

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

If your talking about the USA, H&G has not changed there feed chart in 7 years. I double checked with Rob from H&G and he confirmed. He also explained to me that different countries like Canada for example have thier own modified feed chart recomendation for H&G and that it does NOT agree with the scientist from H&G (like using root excel near the end of flowering and using multi-zen way longer than recomended. The netherlands and the USA have been running H&G the longest (According to Rob)

I guess its up to the end user on who's chart to follow, but just know that the makers of H&G do not agree with these modified feed charts........

The ONLY change that H&G has made in the feed charts in the past 7 years was the change in the dosage of algen extract. And this was due to the increased concentration of the formula which required LESS than the feed chart suggested.

M

Mmmmasonite

If your talking about the USA, H&G has not changed there feed chart in 7 years. I double checked with Rob from H&G and he confirmed. He also explained to me that different countries like Canada for example have thier own modified feed chart recomendation for H&G and that it does NOT agree with the scientist from H&G (like using root excel near the end of flowering and using multi-zen way longer than recomended. The netherlands and the USA have been running H&G the longest (According to Rob)

I guess its up to the end user on who's chart to follow, but just know that the makers of H&G do not agree with these modified feed charts........

The ONLY change that H&G has made in the feed charts in the past 7 years was the change in the dosage of algen extract. And this was due to the increased concentration of the formula which required LESS than the feed chart suggested.
There are actually 2 charts...one from Holland and one from the u.s......The one from Holland has e.c. numbers and says not to use an airstone...which they later found was o.k.....The u.s. version came out about a year and a half ago by the u.s. owners....It has aggressive strength feeding and normal feeding but has no E.C. chart...The ones from Holland are black and come in one full page per additive and per base nute....you end up with a lot of pages...... The new u.s. version has a complete chart for each basenute from veg. to flower....with all the additives......It's a little easier to use.....You guys know the one....blue fold out with a yellow daisy on front....before those there were boxes and boxes and boxes of the black pages...I remember....cause I had to lift them and put them in the attic when the new ones came out.....Peace

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Right on mmmasonite....you ever use the DNA Cel 1,2,3 H&G products by chance?

Peace!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

cool cool thx everybody for the info
i was starting to think advanced and house and garden had become the same greedy backstabbing company
props h+g for only screwing with the europeans

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Any one still on this thread able to give me a rundown on how to use? Exactly as h&g states? Or can it be run earlier? week 3 for instance ?

big up!

T

TrichPharmer

I'm considering adding this to my mostly organic feedings. I use hygrozyme. Would this product replace the hygrozyme when I begin using it, or should they be used in conjunction with one another? I think multizyme is H&G's version of hygrozyme, so if they recommend switching from Multizyme to Bud XL, I'd guess I should do the same with the hygrozyme, but if anyone can clear it up for me, I'd be thankful. I'm not currently running any other H&G products, I just like the idea of what this additive does and would like to give it a try.
House and Garden uses very specific chemistry tailored specifically to cannabis. If you're using any H&G in order to preserve the unique and high quality chemistry they package you should be using only their products. I'd recommend using multizyme instead of hygrozyme. Hygrozyme is a great product I just wouldn't use it in congruence with House and Garden Line

T

TrichPharmer

Any one still on this thread able to give me a rundown on how to use? Exactly as h&g states? Or can it be run earlier? week 3 for instance ?

big up!
Just type house and garden nutrient calculator into Google/DuckDuckGo or whatever search engine you use and you will find a link to H&G site with a really helpful nutrient calculator. Select your H&G type, enter how many gallons your reservoir/mix is select drain to waste or recirculating system then ml or teaspoon/tablespoon and hit go. The results will give you a week by week schedule to follow. In my experience you can get away with doing 3/4 strength of what's recommended if you want to save money I never saw deficiency this way.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
House and Garden uses very specific chemistry tailored specifically to cannabis. If you're using any H&G in order to preserve the unique and high quality chemistry they package you should be using only their products. I'd recommend using multizyme instead of hygrozyme. Hygrozyme is a great product I just wouldn't use it in congruence with House and Garden Line
Untitled

Holy shit that is crazy unique and high tek!!! HOW DO THEY DO IT!PJI!KN@<<JB!OIU@)*U!? Fucking mad scientist I swear...

T

TrichPharmer

View attachment 877958

Holy shit that is crazy unique and high tek!!! HOW DO THEY DO IT!PJI!KN@<<JB!OIU@)*U!? Fucking mad scientist I swear...
You do realize that is not the entire list of contents in Bud XL don't you? You do understand that most nutrient companies don't list the entire makeup of their products to protect their trade secrets?

Here is a list of more of the components someone else found I can't find link but I had saved this info.

"BUD XL

Bud -XL Takes care of the Sugar transport toward the tops,
Sugars Determine the top formation to a large degree.
The quality of the flowers is improved as well

contents>
Micro nutrients,amino acids,vitamins,protiens,minerals,Biotin b12,approx .ADENINE(Cytokinins) Auxin(IAA,ABA),Tripetide glutamine, 3-Adenylic acid,Riboflavin,thiamin,E 412 and E 202,"

Great attitude btw

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You do realize that is not the entire list of contents in Bud XL don't you? You do understand that most nutrient companies don't list the entire makeup of their products to protect their trade secrets?

Here is a list of more of the components someone else found I can't find link but I had saved this info.

"BUD XL

contents>
Micro nutrients,amino acids,vitamins,protiens,minerals,Biotin b12,approx .ADENINE(Cytokinins) Auxin(IAA,ABA),Tripetide glutamine, 3-Adenylic acid,Riboflavin,thiamin,E 412 and E 202,"

Great attitude btw

You do understand I ran H&G nutes for like 3 years. I was the guy always preaching about Coco guys switching off their Coco nutes and running the Aqua Flakes to get rid of the Ca problems they had (i dont even think they sell coco nutes anymore). Hell you could prob find me talking about it if you looked hard enough. You also understand the whole mantra of a company that sells products based on the extensive experience in the glass house rose industry yet no one in the commercial industry uses their products since they are only in liquid form, don't sell it in bulk packaging above 6 gals, and cost a fucking fortune. Now they have shifted their focus on the legal market and for the first 10 years or so warehouses dumped tons on money into stuff like this but at least those people are actually moving in the right direction now (some by smart choices some being forced to when it was unavailable state side for a while)

If you like H&G by all means give them your money and use them. You also understand this thread was started 8 years ago. I can pretty much bet anyone from this thread from 8 years ago that was using H&G def isnt anymore. Don't take it personal when someone disagrees about your choice on something or the wording you used. These are plant nutrients. They all come from the same chemicals. If you want to believe that something like Budxl or Multizen will blow your shit up to a quality level that no other nute could even come close to fucking ride that train choo choo. Same reason people buy a 800 dollar a gallon of Silica and think they have a leg up.

The Nutes work. They should they are nutrients. The better question is do you wanna shell out 600 plus dollars to run a full line from them with about 23 dollars worth of chemicals and a whole bunch of tap water. Only you can answer that.

If you want to post some of your personal experience using H&G and what you have noticed with different dosages and timing of their numerous bottles and the pluses and minuses you witnessed I'm sure that would be helpful. You know stuff like 1ml/g of Aqua A+B = 100ppm which makes add backs and top ups super simple for people.

Here is what I will say about it. Running only Aqua Flakes + Top Booster gave me better results when I ran +2 ml/gal of A:B then the full line ever did and saves you a ton of money. Everything else from them is a waste of money IMO with the exception of RE for cloners and even then you can get IBA salts and dilute down and get almost the same results and a crazy fraction of the price of RE. The very first thing I ever read about H&G was how to make my own Shooting Powder so I don't have to keep paying this much for it. I still would never buy another one of their products again tho.

I personally love my attitude if it will help some one new plow through all the bullshit and save them time and money. The cost of nutrients is the biggest expense in this hobby after electricity and equipment. I take my cues from people who grow acres and acres of plants every year not 10 at a time.

T

TrichPharmer

Pretty fancy words for “N” and “K”. And a little ph down to keep it soluble. ;-)
Since you also don't read..

"BUD XL

contents>

Of course me a person in CA with 15 or more years in commercial cannabis 5+ of which at one of the states largest hydro distributors don't know what I'm talking about. 👍 Sold H&G to many of our top commercial accounts for years, many of which used it for 15+.

Again as I mentioned to the other guy regulations don't require nutrient companies to list all their ingredients. They also keep most off label to protect their trade secrets. The ones I listed for Bud XL come from a post of a person better educated on the full list of ingredients.

I personally advocate for living organic soil and have recently taken up interest in aquaponics it doesn't hurt my feelings for you two who both clearly have a lack of knowledge in the subject to talk down about house and garden nutrients. I don't own or have a stake in the company and it isn't necessarily my preferred style.

I can however vouge for the quality and attest to the high quality chemistry of the product. Another thing that is important to remember is concentration. H&G is very concentrated and doesn't require massive amounts of any of their products to fill a reservoir. It is a more expensive line but it tends to even out when you understand the concentration aspect. That plus commercial growers receive 20-30% discount on their entire line.

T

TrichPharmer

Pretty fancy words for “N” and “K”. And a little ph down to keep it soluble. ;-)
Considering you don't know how to read here is a small excerpt from this regarding just one of those additional ingredients listed as Auxin (ABA, IAA)

Here is the excerpt..
"3.1.3 Regulation by phytohormones

Phytohormones also regulate trichome initiation and growth (Maes and Goossens, 2010). However, little is known about the effects of phytohormone signaling on the induction of trichomes in Arabidopsis"

..so just one of these other ingredients happens to contain 2 powerful plant phytohormones directly linked to trichome development.. wow the wonders of reading..

These forums are generally for spreading helpful knowledge and information on growing cannabis. Go be trolls on Facebook or Twitter growing communities are not well suited to it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Since you also don't read..

"BUD XL

contents>

Of course me a person in CA with 15 or more years in commercial cannabis 5+ of which at one of the states largest hydro distributors don't know what I'm talking about. 👍 Sold H&G to many of our top commercial accounts for years, many of which used it for 15+.

Again as I mentioned to the other guy regulations don't require nutrient companies to list all their ingredients. They also keep most off label to protect their trade secrets. The ones I listed for Bud XL come from a post of a person better educated on the full list of ingredients.

I personally advocate for living organic soil and have recently taken up interest in aquaponics it doesn't hurt my feelings for you two who both clearly have a lack of knowledge in the subject to talk down about house and garden nutrients. I don't own or have a stake in the company and it isn't necessarily my preferred style.

I can however vouge for the quality and attest to the high quality chemistry of the product. Another thing that is important to remember is concentration. H&G is very concentrated and doesn't require massive amounts of any of their products to fill a reservoir. It is a more expensive line but it tends to even out when you understand the concentration aspect. That plus commercial growers receive 20-30% discount on their entire line.

Lol. You are calling overpriced and incomplete liquid fertilizer “very concentrated”. And the ingredients they use are from an ag pack from a real plant nutrient chemical source and are likely less than 1% all combined. All available much cheaper from a farm feed store.

You sure sound like a hydroponics store distributer.

And I was just making a joke. Another funny example of special canna specific “bud enhancer” is Botanicare sweet. Which is mostly water and a little mag sulfate. And a huge list of similar ingredients plus sugars for the last 1 percent.

You should not assume the education of others from a stray comment on an internet forum.

House and gardens business model is directly copied from advanced nutrients. A business model designed to over charge uneducated weed growers specifically.

And for the record. For convenience i grow in bagged potting soil some added perlite, unfiltered and unadjusted well water and a bottle of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow.

Simple, complete and easy. But any complete fertilizer will work.

If you want to know if my work is credible just click on my thread link.

And lighten up. We smoke weed around here. It was just a joke. Hence the winking guy symbol i added.

T

TrichPharmer

Lol. You are calling overpriced and incomplete liquid fertilizer “very concentrated”. And the ingredients they use are from an ag pack from a real plant nutrient chemical source and are likely less than 1% all combined. All available much cheaper from a farm feed store.

You sure sound like a hydroponics store distributer.

And I was just making a joke. Another funny example of special canna specific “bud enhancer” is Botanicare sweet. Which is mostly water and a little mag sulfate. And a huge list of similar ingredients plus sugars for the last 1 percent.

You should not assume the education of others from a stray comment on an internet forum.

House and gardens business model is directly copied from advanced nutrients. A business model designed to over charge uneducated weed growers specifically.

And for the record. For convenience i grow in bagged potting soil some added perlite, unfiltered and unadjusted well water and a bottle of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow.

Simple, complete and easy. But any complete fertilizer will work.

If you want to know if my work is credible just click on my thread link.

And lighten up. We smoke weed around here. It was just a joke. Hence the winking guy symbol i added.
Light as a feather over here. For someone who recommends the affordability of farm feed stores you don't seem to grow with the help of one. You also display a lack of knowledge on the nutrient industry specifically not very knowledgeable on H&G. It is one of the most concentrated liquid nutrients.

Dry salt nutes are obviously more concentrated but also lack in many of the specific additives a company like House and Garden puts into their line. Bud XL for example contains multiple plant hormones amongst others not something you'll find in dry salt nutes.

I did mention my preference for living organic soil which tends to bring me to farm feed supply stores in the region I'm in we have a lot. For someone who's trying to come off as knowledgable your growing method is lacking at best.

You're a hobbyist with limited knowledge. I've been at this almost 2 decades, have applied knowledge of organic and inorganic agriculture commercially with University education to compliment it. If you where reading what I've been posting you'd stop trying to insult or backpeddle what you previously said. I've given facts to support my argument you and the other troll just say your feelings/opinion giving only here say as a rebuttle.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Light as a feather over here. For someone who recommends the affordability of farm feed stores you don't seem to grow with the help of one. You also display a lack of knowledge on the nutrient industry specifically not very knowledgeable on H&G. It is one of the most concentrated liquid nutrients.

Dry salt nutes are obviously more concentrated but also lack in many of the specific additives a company like House and Garden puts into their line. Bud XL for example contains multiple plant hormones amongst others not something you'll find in dry salt nutes.

I did mention my preference for living organic soil which tends to bring me to farm feed supply stores in the region I'm in we have a lot. For someone who's trying to come off as knowledgable your growing method is lacking at best.

You're a hobbyist with limited knowledge. I've been at this almost 2 decades, have applied knowledge of organic and inorganic agriculture commercially with University education to compliment it. If you where reading what I've been posting you'd stop trying to insult or backpeddle what you previously said. I've given facts to support my argument you and the other troll just say your feelings/opinion giving only here say as a rebuttle.
No need for drama friend. You seem to be the troll up in here with the high and mighty attitude!

T

TrichPharmer

No need for drama friend. You seem to be the troll up in here with the high and mighty attitude!
Didn't start any drama scroll up and read. Just educated a few of the forum members on a product related to this thread. I did point out they where trolling as all they seemed to be able to negate what input I'd given and provide unsubstantiated responses. I'm not sure how you can view the interactions as anything other than that. 👍

I have a wealth of experience and knowledge I'm not going to be talked down to when I'm providing accurate information with sources and facts. If you're honestly defending those two I'm not sure I'm interested in this community at all. Please review the log again and see where this started to get a better assessment of the conversation thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are the troll here.

And im working on my 4th decade in this industry. I only actually grow for my family and patients because commercial weed was not good enough. I miss the old black market.

You are making many naive assumptions about me and my knowledge. I use what i use because i live far out in the woods and there is a reasonably nearby garden store that stores the soil in a clean climate controlled room.

The feed store piles it on a concrete slab basically outside surrounded by a bunch of farmers.

If you know anything you should understand why i dont want their soil inside my house.

Pure blend pro is easy and works great with my well water and requires very little media management. Also Mrs. MMG doesn't mind pouring the single shot needed when she offers to water plants for me but doesnt appreciate dilluting and mixing multiple products.

And if i felt ammendments the plants produce on their own were needed i can buy a vitimin and hormone pack from them for cheaper too. I do recommend their humic acid/seaweed extract. That is a good supplement. But i have plenty in my soil and base fertilizer so i dont need it.

Lot of very experienced gardeners hanging out here. Maybe try again with an open mind and good attitude?

You came at us all hard for no real reason.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Didn't start any drama scroll up and read. Just educated a few of the forum members on a product related to this thread. I did point out they where trolling as all they seemed to be able to negate what input I'd given and provide unsubstantiated responses. I'm not sure how you can view the interactions as anything other than that. 👍

I have a wealth of experience and knowledge I'm not going to be talked down to when I'm providing accurate information with sources and facts. If you're honestly defending those two I'm not sure I'm interested in this community at all. Please review the log again and see where this started to get a better assessment of the conversation thanks
I reviewed before I stated! I’m not talking out my ass. I’m referring to your insults:)

Top Bottom