House And Garden Chart

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Starting this new to get more eyes on it but quoting a few hoping they chime in. There are less mentions of HG on here than I would expect.
I run coco drain to waste, CO2 enriched. I follow the chart exactly (exceptions noted), using every product on there including optionals, cloner thru harvest.
Aqua Flakes A&B
Drip Clean
Roots Excelurator Gold
Amino Treatment
Nitrogen Boost
Multi Zen
Bud XL
Top Booster
Shooting Powder
The only non brand additions are CalMag+, Great White, and Regalia (Bio fungicide).

The exceptions to following the chart exactly are (I think pretty standard) Top Booster 4 days exposure not all week. Shooting Powder I use feed-feed-water week 6, half dose week 7 same feed-feed-water,1 full dose week 8 then flush out.

I feel like this works for me and if it's not broke don't fix it, I would love to hear other variations of how to use this line! Comparing notes never hurts!

If there is one thing I don't like, it would be how IMO the shooting powder dosing is so whacked out. Even the way I do it (which I would call roughly 1/3 total run) I still ride a fine line of 1.Too much: freaky fox tailISH explosive growth. 2. Too little: small fluffy buds.

Let me hear from HG users!!!

3 balls

3 balls

Gonna be running H&G Cocos on my next run in Canna coco coir. Already have some rapid start and floralicious plus Im gonna be adding in but I was wondering if there was anything else that the H&G Cocos needs help with. Should I get a cal mag to add or is there enough in the A+B? Any other tips with this line are welcome.

Also I heard with this line you want to mix the A+B first, then adjust pH, then add any supplements, then you dont have to check pH again? I always thought you wanted to adjust pH at the end.

Hey erocknroll ,You will need to add cal-mag.I use calmag+. I use @6mls/gal for the initial waterings (2-3), then reduce to 3mls/gal until the last week, if over used you can get some lock-out of other element's (strain dependant,light,temp etc.).
I have been using H&G cocos a&b for 15 years now and that ratio works best in my grows.Also remember to water every day once you have a good root system,if not you may see problems ,salt builds up very fast when coco dries out especially with h&g,don't let it dry.PH after mixing everything together or your pH will be shifting too much. Good luck.

3 balls

3 balls

I don't doubt that for a minute. Problem is the guy that taught me to grow 6 years ago got me hooked on it. I have some pretty damn good results so I feel like I cant afford to change it up. I have never measured PPM in my life. I would love to be the chemist type I see on here I just cant afford the learning curve. As an added bonus I'm partially colorblind so you could see how that could be a problem.

3 balls

3 balls

I'm also a big directions guy. Before I assemble anything from a shelf to a bbq, I read the instructions front to back twice. Every time I drop a $1000 plus on these nutes I think about how awesome my grandpas vegetable garden was with just the soil he got at the hardware store. The other nutrient lines I've researched seem really complex. I'm afraid I would end up posting a pic a day pleading for help on what I was lacking and/or overdosing them with.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don't doubt that for a minute. Problem is the guy that taught me to grow 6 years ago got me hooked on it. I have some pretty damn good results so I feel like I cant afford to change it up. I have never measured PPM in my life. I would love to be the chemist type I see on here I just cant afford the learning curve. As an added bonus I'm partially colorblind so you could see how that could be a problem.
Get a tds meter man, it is a very easy process reading ppms. Its not even a process, its something you just do :)

3 balls

3 balls

Get a tds meter man, it is a very easy process reading ppms. Its not even a process, its something you just do :)
That's where HG is different than most, it's all about the chart and or their nutrient calculator. You pay $$$ for 20 different bottles of "stuff" and they do the math.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That's where HG is different than most, it's all about the chart and or their nutrient calculator. You pay $$$ for 20 different bottles of "stuff" and they do the math.

Different strokes for different folks, I reckon. I will say, learning about pH, ppms, each nutrient the plant uses, etc. really isn't as hard as it sounds. We will be happy to teach you, if you care to learn. There are some pretty good videos on Youtube, as well. The chart may be working great for you now, but knowing all these things will greatly increase your yields, and help you when the day comes that you face nutrient deficiency problems, etc. It happens. Different strains or environmental changes can require different nutrients.

I'm afraid I would end up posting a pic a day pleading for help on what I was lacking and/or overdosing them with.

Actually, you will quickly realize you will no longer need our help, having the knowledge already :)

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I dont think it's as good as it was 4 or 5 years ago since moving to cali.VEG BLOOM for LIFE,3 parts,no bottles.u can mix 200g in 3 minutes....just like making kool aid fwiw

Latest posts

Top Bottom