House and garden leafy results?

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

sim not using h n g but I've been adding nitrogen the first 3 weeks and things are loving it.

thump easy

thump easy

i know 2 growers that use h n g.. in aroe its bomb i got one for you listen to this, if by any way you add nitrogen in flower it will grow that way the other is a light leak somewere you got one finger blades one of these two things is going on.. if you hit it with like green up.. or something with nitrogen its will grow airy or reveg is sighns of a messed up timer a light leak it only take one time to get that reaction.. or even it going down in veg for instance you flower by accedent and get it to veg and you throw her in, last i can think of is heat!!! thats just my two cents..

Dr Melrose

Dr Melrose

Ive been using H&G for a couple yrs now, running the chart formula and also tapering down the part a( most of the n). Ive never had that happen to me even with leafy strains def not with high calx to leaf ratio strains. This round i ran equal part a and b bud xl top booster and for the first time hammer head moab combo. Ive never had better results. Big chunky buds low leaf.

First thing i thought when i saw ur pixs( specifically bottom buds forming and tops not filling in) is hows your temps? 2nd thing i thought is do u have any light leakes, plants look like they are reveging( ive seen growth like that when i takes clones during flowering and they have buds on them. Jus thinkin out loud.
Confu
what ml/gal of A did you cut down to?

Greenjean

Greenjean

On week 5 I use 10 ml per gallon of a/b , and that is as high as I ever go.

I have dropped the .5 ml off of every feeding week(for about a year now), and have never noticed a difference in quality or yield.

S

Stillgrowing

Ive been using the house and garden 10 week schedule. I run lots of supplemental blue CMH lights along with my HPS. Things looked great, plants just didnt stop leaf growth and the nodes up top continued to grow, almost like mini side branches. I thought this might had to do with H&G not calling for any budxl until week 5. Has anyone noticed it takes house and garden longer to ramp up the flower production? The bottoms of my plants are starting to fill in, but the tops are looking leafy. Any help? I still have 2 weeks left, but if things dont pull thru, imma switch lines.

This strain has a high calyx to leaf ratio, and ive never had this much leaf until switched to house and garden. In fact all 3 strains are growing with same characteristics. things are just starting to seem to fill in, but i also have some plants that are much further behind(focusing on leaf growth even more than rest" shits just odd to me.

Ive been hitting them hard with MOAB/Hammerhead combo the past week.

this was 10 days ago
View attachment 334987

7 days ago
View attachment 334988

showing bottoms starting to fill in
View attachment 334989

here are some of the tops.SO MUCH LEAF WTF!!??
you can see the pistils halfway up the bud starting to show.My iphone broke
View attachment 334990

Why are my plants growing so retarted?

S

Stillgrowing

Did you ever figure out what happened because I had the exact same problem with my first run of H&G cocos. All leafy, looked like too much nitrogen. I'm giving it one more try. I was also using supplemental blue mh...

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Did you ever figure out what happened because I had the exact same problem with my first run of H&G cocos. All leafy, looked like too much nitrogen. I'm giving it one more try. I was also using supplemental blue mh...
by giving less nutes it should make a difference, but not sure if it will stop it permanently....personally i like my nutes a bit more balanced, but if you continue to use it drop your feedings

S

Stillgrowing

I was worried that the bud XL has too much nitrogen. It is listed at .4, but they label their bases as 10% of what they actually are. I'm hoping the same isn't true for the additives!

Qbanbiz

Qbanbiz

Been using Aqua Flakes for quite some time now in recirc hydro system. The most I have used of a and b is 12ml per gallon. I usually top out at 10 ml per gallon during week 5 and continue the same rate till flush only adjusting additive rates. Aqua Flakes base is good and economical.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I've been using H&G for a couple of years now and frankly I never measured how much ml I use per gallon.

First run I used Hydro AB with nearly all additives (H&G starter kit). Second run less additives but still multizym. Got huge tall stretchy dark green plants. After adding it all up and doing some tests it quickly became obvious that the H&G menu is very high on N. Multizym (main veg additive) has the same NPK ratio as Bud XL (late flower additive). I ran 1000-1100ppm then.

After that I started using only AB. First a little more A than B (A being high on N and Ca) and during transition equal, and during flowering just a tad more B. I ran 650-800ppm that round. Still too much N on the menu, especially in my recirculation setup where N doesn't leach (like it does in soil for example). Ratio worked fine for hempy plants.

So I got a bottle of GHE Bloom ( 1- 5- 3) and used that instead of a part of AB. Did a run on 480ppm (180 from tap) and that worked out very well.

Currently in week 4 flowering and I use half AB and half GHE to end up at 350ppm, of which half is tapwater.

Point is, yes H&G is high on N in my experience too. Cannabis plants can take up a lot of N quite easily and will as long as you provide it. One the of key challenges with providing nutrients for cannabis plants is spreading out the needed N over the cycle, rather than pushing them full during veg and worse during transition. Since N is required for the proper uptake of other elements it should always be part of the soup. The high N alone won't cause it to veg/stretch/create more leaves etc once its fully in flowering phase. It may perhaps look that way if the buds don't get large enough. High N can retard the transition to flowering, which causes it to keep spawning new small leaves before filling it up with bud.

N

nightmarecreature

Here's a chart I made, this might help. I'm giving Heavy 16 a try, I've noticed my stuff has been leafy too. The H&G is low in Nitrogen.

Coco's A + B
N4-P3-K9

House & Garden Coco's A + B
RO Water

(Varies + or - 15ppm)

1ml per gallon 93 ppm
2ml per gallon 186 ppm
3ml per gallon 279 ppm
4ml per gallon 372 ppm
5ml per gallon 465 ppm
6ml per gallon 558 ppm
7ml per gallon 650 ppm
8ml per gallon 743 ppm
9ml per gallon 836 ppm
10ml per gallon 929 ppm
11ml per gallon 1022 ppm
12ml per gallon 1115ppm

Base nutes should be 80% of the total PPM

Seedlings: 100-250ppm (Base ppm 80-200ppm)

Early Vegging: 300-400ppm (Base ppm 240-320ppm)

Full Vegatation: 450-700ppm (Base ppm 360-560ppm)

Early Bloom 750-950ppm (Base ppm 600-760ppm)

Full Bloom 1000-1600ppm (Base ppm 800-1280ppm)

sorrel23

sorrel23

Ok, I know this thread is old but I am having the exact same problem, if anyone has input that would be awesome. I have been using H&G coco A and B, flipped my ladies to flower April 25th, and from weeks 1-4 added 1 ml a week from 8-12 ml/gal. At week 4 added Bud XL 4 ml/gal. I am halfway through week seven and they just look leafy as fuck. Like this:
IMG 6447

That's my Cornbread OG. SOOOOOO LEAFY... wtf? Should I flush em and reduce the amount of A and B? to like 7.5 ml/gal?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

H&g cocos is trash unless you're using a pk booster. They use less K under the assumption coco is high in K, and for some bizarre reason are using ammoniacal N in a flower feed in addition to three other nitrates. The lack of K in addition to rapidly-absorbed ammonia nitrate in the beginning of the cycle is what causes the leafyness and lack of yeild.

sorrel23

sorrel23

H&g cocos is trash unless you're using a pk booster. They use less K under the assumption coco is high in K, and for some bizarre reason are using ammoniacal N in a flower feed in addition to three other nitrates. The lack of K in addition to rapidly-absorbed ammonia nitrate in the beginning of the cycle is what causes the leafyness and lack of yeild.

Ahh.. wow, what can I do at this point? at 7 weeks? Add a pk booster? reduce the amounts of coco a and b?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Ahh.. wow, what can I do at this point? at 7 weeks? Add a pk booster? reduce the amounts of coco a and b?

Stay with the pk booster for now, idk if there's any helping it at 7 weeks but next round you should use a more balanced fertilizer. I've seen this a ton with h&g- it's to the point where I can pick out herb that was grown with it.

Top Bottom