House and Garden Nutrient Info

• Thread starter Ladyv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyv

Ladyv

After responding to another post asking for info on Bud XL with a document I received from a H&G on their products, I was asked to post up anything else I had. Figured it better to start a new thread with all the correct title, etc.

So....I'm attaching information I've received on several of their products...at first I wanted to try and figure out the nutrient profile to resolve some minor reoccurring problems I'm having in flower - onset through stretch I experience defs in Ca, Mg and P - and then in wks 4-8 I see too much N. The problem I have now, is that after reading about the how/why of NPK numbers changing on the bottles (about a year ago I think) I don't think I'll ever get a accurate profile to dial in.

View attachment Algen Extract.pdf View attachment Amino Treatment.pdf View attachment BudXL_a.pdf View attachment BudXL_b.pdf View attachment BudXL_c.pdf View attachment HG_NPK.pdf View attachment HG_NPK_CHANGED_a.pdf View attachment HG_NPK_CHANGED_b.pdf View attachment MicroNutes.pdf View attachment ShootingPowder_Boosters.pdf
Ladyv

Ladyv

OH, I forgot to mention, on the "real npk numbers" sheet - I wrote in what the rep told me - he claimed CA/Mg @ 11/8 - but I have a hard time with that considering how many of us have issues with Ca with this line.

Oh, I run the Coco's A&B in a 70/30 mix of H&G coco & chunky perlite.

Another thing to note - so I read they put a small amount of nutes into some of their supplements to get them registered, so are we to assume those GA numbers are correct in their decimal form and we only assume the change on the base nutes?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Intresting info u posted.. I'm juss giving H&G a try 4 the 1st time.. This is helpful info since I'm gunna start flowering very soon.. I've heard people lowering the Base-A b'cuz of the high N in it.. My homie said people r running 6/9mls per gal. A&B mid 2 late bloom.. That's what I'm gunna try..

Ladyv

Ladyv

Two things concerned me about that - not knowing what else I'm raising & lowering due to the secretive attitude regarding whats in it and the hydro shop said they only sell as a set. Glad to hear it's worked for someone - please keep us informed on how it goes :-)

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Two things concerned me about that - not knowing what else I'm raising & lowering due to the secretive attitude regarding whats in it and the hydro shop said they only sell as a set. Glad to hear it's worked for someone - please keep us informed on how it goes :-)
Oh I sure know what u mean.. Thanks 4 the info.. I'm gunna keep it super light.. I've never ran h&g b4 this will b my 1st run.. I'm testing H&G vs Heavy 16

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I can tell u rite now H16 is a hell of a lot eazier 2 mix b'cuz there line has less bottles.. But we will see what line makes the best tasting smoke

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

been using hg for a while just the base currently but it seems many strains prefer cal mag thru stretch so i keep it on hand for that reason. I also use epsom salts and have ran a 6/9 ratio with the a and b as well as no a after week 5 with great results. I also feed everytime but ramp up and down the base nutes and only 1-2x a week do i use boosters. I focus on a tea if thats your thing if not no worries.

Their boosters can be had for less money with just moab and 1/2 the base nutes those weeks. Maybe do a week 1-2 to help jump if thats your thing. They do have nice boosters just pricey and shooting powder is strong. I was wondering about using budxl with moab the other day and wanted to look at that for a sec.

Ladyv

Ladyv

I've read some of your posts regarding teas. I just started brewing last run, it was the best looking/smelling/tasting run I'd ever done!

I'm pretty basic right now, using Caps once a week and trying different things with it, still reading with a goal to get some stage specific recipes put together.

I'm going to give the 6/9 ratio a shot after I get through stretch. I usually see the effects of the N starting in week 4.

I've used BudXL with Moab with no issues (using the MOAB in place of shooting poweder). I've also gone back and forth between using shooting powder and MOAB in the last few weeks on the same run with good results.

Top Bottom