House & Garden how I saved money!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

I just finished the last plant, gonna watch some X-files and be back at it in a few hrs.
Dude I went to this shop I never go to and they used to knock House bad, sucked cuz all I used so why I never went back.
That was the guy that was pitching me the Tanlin for FG and RA and the like.
They have a huge House display now, he was all talking it up. I was laughing to myself cuz I never had a prob with the line. Growshop drama I guess

Delerium

Delerium

7 days is perfect!
They just started to pop through the nubs a cpl of days ago, I was getting nervous there for a minute, but the roots always seem to take longer in the winter.
See how they go this week, and if I can transplant them into veg.
I have a month before spots open up for them in the UC.

N

nightmarecreature

Not if you use a heatmat. I'm a firm believer in seedling mats. I'm not a believer in domes though. I'd rather put a humidifier next to my clones than use a dome.

Delerium

Delerium

Not if you use a heatmat. I'm a firm believer in seedling mats. I'm not a believer in domes though. I'd rather put a humidifier next to my clones than use a dome.
I'm not partial to domes, sometimes i get great results them sometimes it gets too hot in there and i roast them babies.
Been doing open air 90% of the time.
100% for bare root cuttings.
You think I should put some Veg a/b into the cloner when the roots kick a bit more or just use calmag until I transplant?

J

Jalisco Kid

I'm not partial to domes, sometimes i get great results them sometimes it gets too hot in there and i roast them babies.
You think I should put some Veg a/b into the cloner when the roots kick a bit more or just use calmag until I transplant?
What would a veg formula do you if their are no roots,I would add zinc,P,K to cuts. Actually I would add nothing but those salts help produce roots more, Like a plug formula. JK
Edit: I just saw were you said when the roots kick in more,I would still look at nursery plug formulas.

Delerium

Delerium

What would a veg formula do you if their are no roots,I would add zinc,P,K to cuts. Actually I would add nothing but those salts help produce roots more, Like a plug formula. JK
Edit: I just saw were you said when the roots kick in more,I would still look at nursery plug formulas.
I'll have to look into that.
I have added nutes into my cloner before and sometimes the roots go from mint and gleaming pearly white to a matted mess.
So I haven't been leaving clones in there for any significant amount of time.
I was looking for an alternative to say cloned solution or the like.

J

Jalisco Kid

I just soak mine now in a product I really do not pay for otherwise I would just soak my cuts for 2 hours in cool water with kelp and a drop of iba. That product is essential plus from growth products. I use an aero cloner and it is just water. JK

N

nightmarecreature

I use kelp and super thrive on my fresh cuts. B1 keeps them from wilting.

Baylife

Baylife

I've gone without flushing for months. With General Hydro, that shit was so salty it would lock my plants up. With H&G I don't think you have to flush, I just know that my plants are happier when I do flush about once a month or every two months. For the Price, I think H&G should add the drip clean to the base nutes. The additives I believe is where all these companies really make the big bucks.

I'm not saying don't use the H&G additives. What I'm saying is if you are on a budget or want to save some dough, those subs work excellent.

For some reason I have to flush runs using house and garden base nutes longer then other chemical nutes...sometimes the final product has an unfleshed taste even after a 2 week flush which leads me to believe its super salty. They added drip clean to the cycle because of this issue...the salt build up has to be continuously flushed out. Drip clean is a more recent addition to their line cause of the excess flushing times people have to undergo. Awesome thread my man!! Have you done side by side comparison grows to test this? I use top shooter in both my greenhouses.....I buy the big boy bottle almost daily....but the results keep me coming back for more and more.

N

nightmarecreature

Only with some of the products. The only thing I noticed a difference, was with shooting powder and roots excel. The roots excel barely outperforms my homemade mix. The shooting powder, I don't like it, I prefer MOAB. The most expensive thing I buy now is the amino acids, I used to use Amino blast by xnutrients, now I use Vitamino because I never see the amino blast anymore .

Myco

Myco

I just remembered I have a liter each of Cocos A and B, as well as enough substitutes for my own concoction, I think I'm gonna run some coco and play around... cool methods, man.

N

nightmarecreature

These are the additives I like to use.
Silica
Magnesium nitrate/Calcium
Amino acids
Beneficial bacteria and fungi
Seaweed
Micronutrients
B vitamins and B1
Humic and Fulvic acid

Baylife

Baylife

Only with some of the products. The only thing I noticed a difference, was with shooting powder and roots excel. The roots excel barely outperforms my homemade mix. The shooting powder, I don't like it, I prefer MOAB. The most expensive thing I buy now is the amino acids, I used to use Amino blast by xnutrients, now I use Vitamino because I never see the amino blast anymore .

What about the shooting powder do you not like? I've had great results with the allergen extract, what are your thoughts on that and any side by sides with allergen replacements?

Top Bottom