House & Garden how I saved money!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

Yikes....I added 400g to a liter. Someone posted it somewhere(can't remember). Didn't seem like much of a savings. Thanks a bunch. I guess I'll use this batch as a PK booster.
I'm a bit confused on the chemistry...as I understood it Drip Clean has a chemistry where the free radical positive ions help with salt build up in medium. Then in the PeKacid article it says..
"Due to its acidic nature, PeKacid has an anticlogging action and enhances nutrients' uptake." This is telling me, as it says in the article, that lowering PH is the same exact thing as what Drip Clean does due to it being acidic...to prevent CalMag scaling. So what's the point of Drip Clean if we already adjust the PH? Maybe I'm missing some clue..like + ions or something, it just doesn't compute. Can anyone explain?

Natural

Natural

.The article says "The same result can be achieved by using continuously acidic fertilizers" ..so as I understand this..it would only work to clean drippers for "water" feeding..preventing scale. So if you add drip clean then adjust your PH..doesn't make any sense to use it...only if to use it lowering PH would it even have a use.
I'm I missing some part of the equation?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Damn 400g is close to a pound!

Does anyone have some drip clean? Test the PPM of drip clean and it wouldn't be to hard to figure out how much PeKacid to use.

I tried to do that last night @nightmarecreature with my blue lab combo. It read error, the consentration was to high, over 10,000ppm

confu

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Not a bonehead at all. There is a msds and other info but no recipe. Sorry about that.

1 gram of PeKacid added to 1 gallon of water contributes:

70 ppm P

44 ppm K
------
Add 400 grams to a gallon of h20 to make a stock solution.
This will make drip clean? add the same amount at the end like always? about .4 a gal?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Here I'll make an easier to read dosage and feeding chart!

House & Garden 1ml equals about 100ppm. Keep additives in mind when measuring ppm and subtract your starting ppm. H&G uses RO. Last I checked I used 5ml per gallon and with my additives and the ppm came out to 620ppm. Everyone's additives will measure a different ppm, that's why I added the ppm chart. If your additives raise the ppm higher, you need less base nutes and vise versa.

House & Garden A+B
  1. Clones, established seedlings 1-2ml per gallon
    100-250 ppm Max

Early Vegging 2-3ml per gallon
    300-400 ppm Max

Full Vegging 3-6ml per gallon
    400-700 ppm Max

Early Flower 6-8ml per gallon
    700-900ppm Max

Full Flower 8-12ml per gallon
    900-1500ppm Max

If using Coco Coir, it doesn't like anything over 1500ppm

Multizen and Amino Treatment:
Botanicare Vitamino 3ml small plants 3ml large plants
Dyna Gro ProTekt Silica 1.25ml small plants 2.50ml large plants

Roots Excelurator and Algen extract:
Seaweed (Growmore seaweed 5ml or beneficial Biologics kelp logic 1tsp) Humic acid 1tsp Beneficial microbes, Great White,root bloom, capulators, ect, enough for 5 gallons. Sea Green 1 ml. 1 teaspoon of molasses. Mix all ingredients in 250 mls of water. Then use at 1/4ml for small plants and 1/2ml for large plants.

Magic Green= (Foliar only)Natures Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0 4ml per gallon and Botanicare Fulvic acid (15ml per gallon). I only like spraying my leaves with organic matter. Salts tend to dry out the leaves and leave white salt residue.

Shooting Powder= Mother of all Blooms AKA MOAB 3/4-1tsp per 5 gallons while dropping base nutes 50%.

Botanicare Cal/Mag 3-5ml per gallon for small plants and 5ml for large plants.

Super Thrive 2 drops per gallon

Drip clean= 10mls White Vinegar per gallon (Flush Only)

I think your wasting money on the calmag. H&G never seems to need it. Also the new root excell is kind of lame try rocks root supercharge. 55 bucks a gal I think. Another thing I see with H&G nutes if its over 1300 with most strains in CoCo will eagle claw and get nute burn when using shooting pow I usually take it down to 7.5 a gal.

N

nightmarecreature

I think your wasting money on the calmag. H&G never seems to need it. Also the new root excell is kind of lame try rocks root supercharge. 55 bucks a gal I think. Another thing I see with H&G nutes if its over 1300 with most strains in CoCo will eagle claw and get nute burn when using shooting pow I usually take it down to 7.5 a gal.

The OGs I run NEED it. My other strains don't need Cal/Mag. RO+Coco+OG needs more Cal/Mag than H&G provides.

I'll check out Rocks Root Supercharge. Thank you.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
This will make drip clean? add the same amount at the end like always? about .4 a gal?
Descriptions on both products match as does the math. Same application rate if you make a stock solution.

• PeKacid | 0-60-20

Product advantages
  • Decreases pH of water and soil which helps to increase the uptake efficiency
  • Promotes uptake of (trace)elements in alkaline soils (pH >7)
  • Promotes uptake of (soil)phosphorus and delivers readily available orthophosphate to the plant
  • The acidification effect decreases P-fixation in the fertigated zone
  • Clogged irrigation / fertigation systems become clean again
  • Precipitated drippers clean up which allows the perceived volume to flow through
  • Helps to clean the fertigation system which allows the system to reach its maximum efficiency
  • Select PeKacid can be mixed with calcium and / or magnesium
  • Can be used for a short time to clean pipes.
  • Select PeKacid can be easily mixed with nitrogen products; therefore the user has full control over the nitrogen supplement to the crop
Peace

Delerium

Delerium

Wutz up dudes, I was at the store today picking up some coco, seen this display. http://www.raw-solubles.com
They didn't have any literature only the feed chart. I didn't look at the pricing. I'm sure your wallet is going to get whacked but this was the only store I've ever seen "raw" elements. I don't know if there are any other things in each pack. I just found it interesting. I'm sure, I know we can probably mix everything they sell.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

The OGs I run NEED it. My other strains don't need Cal/Mag. RO+Coco+OG needs more Cal/Mag than H&G provides.

I'll check out Rocks Root Supercharge. Thank you.

I feel you have you tried the aptus beginning pellets thingies added to your coco medium/what medium you using? maybe a different one would help. Seen that problem with people using 2per and shit lil bit on the bags go a long way. Also throwing in some of the NUTE PACK from Ogbiowar into the CoCo when doing it helps a shitton with ogs and CalMag

Delerium

Delerium

Just dropped Canna Coco and Nutes this week for a run with Nute pack. Nightamre turned me on to Rhizopon powder rooting hormone that seems to be awesome. Everything I used rooted 100%.
Gonna prep for another coco run this weekend cut clones. Just seen a couple threads with Aptus, never heard of it.

Delerium

Delerium

Rock supercharge I def like, I believe it is similar to UC roots, but don't quote me till I read the label before you start throwing stones :P
Shit descaled everything over the summer when I had a pythium outbreak.
I'm actually using the full line on some old moms right now. Def need to flush a lot. Seems the consistency of the product is like Foxfarm, which I bought once opened the bottle and gave it away after seeing what it looked like (sorry Foxfarmers).

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Just dropped Canna Coco and Nutes this week for a run with Nute pack. Nightamre turned me on to Rhizopon powder rooting hormone that seems to be awesome. Everything I used rooted 100%.
Gonna prep for another coco run this weekend cut clones. Just seen a couple threads with Aptus, never heard of it.
Going back to CoCo and dont like cannta? try BIG CITY. Its pre mixed and nice and about the same price after all is said and done. Nute pack is the bomb in soil only I dont brew it. everything else teawise every 7 days.

Delerium

Delerium

Going back to CoCo and dont like cannta? try BIG CITY. Its pre mixed and nice and about the same price after all is said and done. Nute pack is the bomb in soil only I dont brew it. everything else teawise every 7 days.
First Canna run, so far in veg it is great.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Rock supercharge I def like, I believe it is similar to UC roots, but don't quote me till I read the label before you start throwing stones :p
Shit descaled everything over the summer when I had a pythium outbreak.
I'm actually using the full line on some old moms right now. Def need to flush a lot. Seems the consistency of the product is like Foxfarm, which I bought once opened the bottle and gave it away after seeing what it looked like (sorry Foxfarmers).
Well I have never grown hydro so I wouldn't be familiar with what rocks does but it doesnt make my rez's nasty the slightest bit. I also use half the solution 2ml a gal and it does the trick Except week two I'm at full strength .

Delerium

Delerium

Well I have never grown hydro so I wouldn't be familiar with what rocks does but it doesnt make my rez's nasty the slightest bit. I also use half the solution 2ml a gal and it does the trick Except week two I'm at full strength .
I did various tests with Rock and everything turned out great but don't skip on the flush. Hydro and Promix. Like you said the rez is clear the ph doesn't sway too far at all and the plants love it.
I'm doing a side by side top feed with Current Solutions and Rock and the Rock is Blowing away the CS right now. Top Feed
I was going to Run CS in the coco and Canna and do a side by side but didn't pull the trigger on it. This was during my transplant last night. That is why I want to get that stuff tested see how clean the CS is compared to other nutes.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I did various tests with Rock and everything turned out great but don't skip on the flush. Hydro and Promix. Like you said the rez is clear the ph doesn't sway too far at all and the plants love it.
I'm doing a side by side top feed with Current Solutions and Rock and the Rock is Blowing away the CS right now. Top Feed
I was going to Run CS in the coco and Canna and do a side by side but didn't pull the trigger on it. This was during my transplant last night. That is why I want to get that stuff tested see how clean the CS is compared to other nutes.
What is CS?
always flush for 7-10 days +)

Delerium

Delerium

Current Solutions, Current Culture Line of nutes, Ive been using H&G for 5 years so it is tough for me cuz I always knew exactly what I was going to get and how to manipulate H&G feed schedule. So right now I'm stepping out of my comfort zone.

N

nightmarecreature

I feel you have you tried the aptus beginning pellets thingies added to your coco medium/what medium you using? maybe a different one would help. Seen that problem with people using 2per and shit lil bit on the bags go a long way. Also throwing in some of the NUTE PACK from Ogbiowar into the CoCo when doing it helps a shitton with ogs and CalMag

I have been using Coco bricks for years, whatever is available. I like my coco coffee ground texture. I have tested several brands. I drain the coco till it's 10ppm. After recent testing, General Hydro and NF Coco don't need rinsing even in brick form they are ready right out of the bag. I post my results and ppm on the GSC and friends thread.

Top Bottom