House & Garden how I saved money!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

Just dropped Canna Coco and Nutes this week for a run with Nute pack. Nightamre turned me on to Rhizopon powder rooting hormone that seems to be awesome. Everything I used rooted 100%.
Gonna prep for another coco run this weekend cut clones. Just seen a couple threads with Aptus, never heard of it.

I heard so much about Rhizopon from people who use it. I found scientific information to back up every claim that the 0.3% had the best rooting success along with largest root mass. I'll get the word out with some testing and a thread showing how well it works.

Delerium

Delerium

Use the bricks for shrooms, but cracked the wallet for the bag coco. Only 3 pots per bag, 7 dollars per pot of coco. In Fla there are palms everywhere this shit comes India??? Why?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Sweet glad to here yeah this stuff is a lil more hairy, not groundy. and I do not rinse either just water in with ogbiowar.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Use the bricks for shrooms, but cracked the wallet for the bag coco. Only 3 pots per bag, 7 dollars per pot of coco. In Fla there are palms everywhere this shit comes India??? Why?
support Local companies same price local coco (Cali) local

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Here's a good chart to help anyone with their House & Garden base nutes. I didn't invent it but I did modify it, it's always been accurate. Feeding charts are a joke from the nute companies , I have yet to see one that doesn't fry my plants.
This will keep you from frying them, while keeping them nourished.

House & Garden 1ml equals about 100ppm. Keep additives in mind when measuring ppm and subtract your starting ppm. H&G uses RO. Last I checked I used 5ml per gallon and with my additives and the ppm came out to 620ppm. Everyone's additives will measure a different ppm, that's why I added the ppm chart. If your additives raise the ppm higher, you need less base nutes and vise versa.

Clones, established seedlings 1-2ml per gallon
100-250 ppm Max

Early Vegging 2-3ml per gallon
300-400 ppm Max

Full Vegging 3-6ml per gallon
400-700 ppm Max

Early Flower 6-8ml per gallon
700-900ppm Max

Full Flower 8-12ml per gallon
900-1500ppm Max

If using Coco Coir, it doesn't like anything over 1500ppm.
At what ph? Great thread.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Also is this feed/water/feed recipe? Every watering? Thanks for the time.

S

sourdgrower

nightmarecreature, while your mix for roots excelurator is close is has one hugggge flaw for most growers. The humic acid man, causes nutrient fallout if premixed with base nutrients. its causes nutrient fallout (phosphate to be specific) therefore, if u premix base nutrients with this roots excel recipe all the phosphate will fall out. if you dont believe me, make a small amount of base nutrients and additives minus roots excel. pour liquid into a clear measuring cup or glass. add the roots excel and watch the evil magic happen. you will actually see the liquid swirl on it own (kinda cool to watch looks like a mini tornado in a cup) you will be able to clearly see the phosphate fall out of the solution.... dont let the nutrient companies fool you humic acid has no business in a hydroponic garden (unless foliar feeding). this recipe would be suited for a soil grow, just make sure to use the roots excelurator without anything else (dedicated roots excel day).

BilboBiginz

BilboBiginz

Give ur boy $20 for his address..
Plus $20.. Sample pack..
Your plants will thank you for using the whole lineup..

B

Bangarang

What is the over all verdict on PeKacid? Based on the NPK is this being used as a PK booster or like drip clean? My goal is to add this in every week to keep lines clear and to avoid calcium build up. Curious to know how this is working for others.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

What is the over all verdict on PeKacid? Based on the NPK is this being used as a PK booster or like drip clean? My goal is to add this in every week to keep lines clear and to avoid calcium build up. Curious to know how this is working for others.

I saved money switching to pekacid. you should too! works like a charm. I even use the old drip clean bottle and havent noticed a difference yet! I also did not notice that much of a difference when i stopped using it totally and just watered with regular water one day a week. @leadsled was posting about it earlier its really useful.

N

nightmarecreature

In coco, if you water to 20-30% run off, you dont really need any type of flushing agent. Plain water works just fine.

Now if you have lockout from salt buildup, a flush doesnt hurt.

hunie.beez

hunie.beez

I want to know, do products like Roots Excelurator, Rootbastic pay off in the end or does it just make you have nice looking roots? I'm not selling photos of roots, I want to know if you get more out in the end, or should I just save my money.

N

nightmarecreature

I've used Roots. It helps but I find that a $10 bottle of Super Thrive and Caps bennies work well too. Just don't use ST in flower, you'll get leafy buds.

If you are going to spend the money, get Aptus Smartboost.

Last edited:
NagaKing

NagaKing

I want to know, do products like Roots Excelurator, Rootbastic pay off in the end or does it just make you have nice looking roots? I'm not selling photos of roots, I want to know if you get more out in the end, or should I just save my money.

Good question...
A greater root mass means more nutrients and water being taken up by the plant. Theoretically this should mean more growth..
A side by side experiment would be indicative.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Good question...
A greater root mass means more nutrients and water being taken up by the plant. Theoretically this should mean more growth..
A side by side experiment would be indicative.
I have not seen any difference. I have a side by side. The old roots excellurater worked. The new one has been reformed and doesnt work well. I exed the roots portion and just feed Caps bennies. I have the same growth, resin production, and yeild. Save money and just toss it. Spend money on startboost, Its mulizen, aminos all in one!

N

nightmarecreature

I have not seen any difference. I have a side by side. The old roots excellurater worked. The new one has been reformed and doesnt work well. I exed the roots portion and just feed Caps bennies. I have the same growth, resin production, and yeild. Save money and just toss it. Spend money on startboost, Its mulizen, aminos all in one!

You could not have said this better! I believe H&G has changed up some formulas. I remember when I bought a gallon of A+B Cocos, it was working great. I bought another gallon this year and things are not the same. I switched over to Heavy16 and things are looking better than ever.No more lock up from upping ppm and faster growth. The Heavy16 is more PH stable and my plants like it more. With the Heavy16, all I'm running is Silica and the Heavy base.

Last edited:
NagaKing

NagaKing

Cool.
I've never bothered with Root.s
Just stuck to bennies, they've done well for me so far..

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

You could not have said this better! I believe H&G has changed up some formulas. I remember when I bought a gallon of A+B Cocos, it was working great. I bought another gallon this year and things are not the same. I switched over to Heavy16 and things are looking better than ever.No more lock up from upping ppm and faster growth. The Heavy16 is more PH stable and my plants like it more. With the Heavy16, all I'm running is Silica and the Heavy base.
I run aptus addies with h&g base. Ive been hearing alot about heavy but i love house and garden alot seens to do the trick

N

nightmarecreature

I ran House & Garden for 4 years. The quality of the buds were good. However, I think that H&G gives smaller yields. I've run Techiflora,GH and organic soil, all three had way bigger yields. I disliked each nutrient for a reason. So far Im liking this Heavy16, Im noticing less leafy structure and increased growth. With H&G, it was touchy for me, i would get deficiencies if I used additives or too much base or too little. Honestly, in veg, I think Heavy16 is the best stuff I've used so far.

Top Bottom