House&Garden Top Shooter and Roots excelurator

• Thread starter Tolpan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So I'm taking the plunge on the RE. Thanks for starting this thread Tolpan!

One question I have is can I just use TAP H2O and RE in my EZ Cloner and get the mentioned results? I know there is always someone who hates EZ Cloners, but I got one super cheap and I'm running it with crap results. I usually use TAP and 29% H2O2, sometimes I dip in some Olivia's gel. Now I built my own EZ knockoff and had excellent results, but it leaked too much for my liking. Anyway I need to get my cloning going asap. I've read some good stuff on Botanicare's Power Clone. Blaaahh lol

Cheers,
Crom

C

Cereall

I use tap water, RE and clonex and been doing great with clones

just make sure you PH your water and youll be solid... nothing likes to root and grow no matter the nutrients if the PH isnt right

M

Mmmmasonite

I use tap water, RE and clonex and been doing great with clones

just make sure you PH your water and youll be solid... nothing likes to root and grow no matter the nutrients if the PH isnt right

Dude....i use rootech and a prop tray with a t5.....I never ph... just straight r/o water until about a week in...then a little Roots Excel and........... Bam!! Fat roots and almost always 100%...I even leave them in there without the dome after they pop roots for a couple weeks....i just fill a cup 1/4 way up with water from my veg rez and then fill rest of the cup with r/o water and water daily with that....never even look at the ph.....no worries....green and healthy......Can't agree with you on the ph thing......

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Dude....i use rootech and a prop tray with a t5.....I never ph... just straight r/o water until about a week in...then a little Roots Excel and........... Bam!! Fat roots and almost always 100%...I even leave them in there without the dome after they pop roots for a couple weeks....i just fill a cup 1/4 way up with water from my veg rez and then fill rest of the cup with r/o water and water daily with that....never even look at the ph.....no worries....green and healthy......Can't agree with you on the ph thing......

I always find it interesting when Farmers get good results without PHing. Mmmmasonite what is your ph even though you don't adjust it? Maybe it's in a healthy range? What is the PH of your veg rez that you take from? Just curious. I was under the impression that RE doesn't do anything until roots pop?

Cheers,
Crom

phenotyper

phenotyper

Can't agree with you on the ph thing......
First, there are other punctuation marks than the ellipsis for marking the end of a sentence. I guess you could be imitating some sort of james joyce stream of consciousness with your post, but I doubt it :P

Kidding aside, just because you have found a combination that just so happens to work consistently for *you* in *your* environment without phing doesn't mean this is the normative case.

When you introduce variability into your grow, you're just guessing. You may have found the right series of guesses that result in success, and you may have awesome plants, but I think recommending as a plan of action is not good advice.

I always PH and recommend others to do the same. Put as much science as you can in your scientific method.

M

Mmmmasonite

I always find it interesting when Farmers get good results without PHing. Mmmmasonite what is your ph even though you don't adjust it? Maybe it's in a healthy range? What is the PH of your veg rez that you take from? Just curious. I was under the impression that RE doesn't do anything until roots pop?

Cheers,
Crom

Well ....since my r/o water comes out at 8 and the veg rez is at about 5.5-6.5 I would assume that it would be at about 7. This the method i use about 2 weeks in until i have room in my veg rez....When I am only a week in... the roots on one or two have popped so I think they are all very close to popping at that time and the roots xl just kicks them into high gear. It's funny, at this point I literally take a coffee cup full of r/o water and just spash a few drops of Roots excel in....ph must be at like 7 or 8 .....This is just my method and I am not saying it works for everyone....I guess my point is that people get too skitso on all these minor details when sometimes they just need to be left alone with just enough water and a little patience...Everyone has their own method.....that's the beauty of it...Peace

N

Nellytwompsac

Rapid start vs. roots excel!

Rapid start from gen hydro took roots excell and made it better! Check it out its half the price and I've been using side by side in ez cloners and its plain and simple which one is better

M

Mmmmasonite

Rapid start from gen hydro took roots excell and made it better! Check it out its half the price and I've been using side by side in ez cloners and its plain and simple which one is better

There is no way buddy....post ur side by side results(pics)....I don't believe it......plus.....Rapid start uses 2.5 ml a gallon....Roots excel uses 1ml per gallon...Therefore making the price the same....Roots is proven.....Rapid start is a new copy of the roots...Does it even have beneficial bacteria? Does it cure root rot like Roots Excel? Does it run clean in the rez? I also noticed the 1-0.5-1 NPK which is higher than roots excel. This could burn plants and it would not be good to add the extra nitrogen in flower....

D

danseven

Ok, we have decided that the H & G root excel is great stuff, I will also agree. However, the time to use it is only after you see a sign of a root. Then add the the H & G and watch them fly. In my current grow which is my first full hydro grow, I fill I should have used the Root Excel all the way through the grow period. I think the thing i would say for sure is that EZ Cloner are the way to Clone. My time and time again method with my EZ Clone 30 is: PH water to 6. to 6.5, the cloner holds about 3.5 to 4 gallon of water, so I use 10 to 12 drops of Super Thrive until day 7 or the first signs of roots. At that point I make up another 3 to 4 gallons of water and use the Super Thrive with H & G Root Excel. If you don't get the plants out of the cloner with 3 weeks of first signs of roots you will have so many they will clog and choke the water pump. I have been using Super Thrive for 10 years, since the first time I cloned a plant and started them in rock wool cubes and heat dome. The stuff is good, very affordable and available at almost any home improvement store. Plus, the government made it! So it has to be good stuff.

M

Mmmmasonite

Ok, we have decided that the H & G root excel is great stuff, I will also agree. However, the time to use it is only after you see a sign of a root. Then add the the H & G and watch them fly. In my current grow which is my first full hydro grow, I fill I should have used the Root Excel all the way through the grow period. I think the thing i would say for sure is that EZ Cloner are the way to Clone. My time and time again method with my EZ Clone 30 is: PH water to 6. to 6.5, the cloner holds about 3.5 to 4 gallon of water, so I use 10 to 12 drops of Super Thrive until day 7 or the first signs of roots. At that point I make up another 3 to 4 gallons of water and use the Super Thrive with H & G Root Excel. If you don't get the plants out of the cloner with 3 weeks of first signs of roots you will have so many they will clog and choke the water pump. I have been using Super Thrive for 10 years, since the first time I cloned a plant and started them in rock wool cubes and heat dome. The stuff is good, very affordable and available at almost any home improvement store. Plus, the government made it! So it has to be good stuff.

I hope that last comment is a joke...lol...I agree Superthrive and Root Excel is a great combo....Guess we never got to see those side by side pics......I figured as much......Nice plug GH...LOL.....But it won't hold a candle.....

thosedamnkids

thosedamnkids

i root my clones in oasis cubes with
hygrozyme and clonex
once rooted i transplant into FFOF and water with 5ml A/B and 1ml RE
this is the result 3 days later. :banana1sv6:
good shit!

IMG 20110808 141315
IMG 20110808 141324
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
anybody read the thread right below this one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom