• Start date
  • Tagged users None
MEGA956

MEGA956

//Just started to build my grow area in back of my house,
some of my family members are in construction, they charged
me $300 to make a 20x20 "house" they dont know Im
planning to grow pot in there, so it looks like a house, two
rooms, and a small area left maybe its 5x4.

//Since Im related to them, we didnt get a permitt to bulid the
area,they also know an electrition but he wont be in town for
awhile, maybe 2months. Well he wont need to see a permitt
either.

//Well my question is, how do I pass electricity to the grow area?
I want to make sure theres enough power in there. My house obviously
has a breaker box but what will be enough to run four 1000w lights
air-pumps, humidifier, and everything else thats needed to run a
UC?

L

LBZ Farmer

Tell The guy you are putting in a Coral Breeding Tank and Salt Water Aquarium Room. Since you will need to run Big Metal halide bulbs, and various pumps and chillers and pretty much all the same stuff we use.

MEGA956

MEGA956

Tell The guy you are putting in a Coral Breeding Tank and Salt Water Aquarium Room. Since you will need to run Big Metal halide bulbs, and various pumps and chillers and pretty much all the same stuff we use.

//But whats the deal in getting the power there?
Would the electrician simply split the power somwhere?
I really dont know anything about electricity.

//Thanks for the tip,salt aquariam is a good excuse.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You goin to need an electrician to pull a separate 50-100amp leg off to a subpanel in your new grow area. This can all be done by an electrician. If you are going to pull a dedicated 200amp service over there or something, thats another story.

Tex

hiboy

hiboy

Got ya pm mega
check this out
Typically for a non attached dwelling at your existing house, a conduit is ran from the main electrical panel and then installed underground with PVC- grey plastic pipe to your new location. Depth for high voltage pvc in dirt is 18". If it was me i would install a 90 amp 120v/240v sub panel in your new space. Wire size would be #4 thhn. For a 125 amp sub panel you would install #2 wire thhn type. This is as long as the total conduit length is 100' or under. PVC size should be 1 1/2" for ease of pulling wire , with no more than 3 90 degree turns. This is the start of it.
Lots more fun to have later wiring it.
hiboy

MEGA956

MEGA956

Got ya pm mega
check this out
Typically for a non attached dwelling at your existing house, a conduit is ran from the main electrical panel and then installed underground with PVC- grey plastic pipe to your new location. Depth for high voltage pvc in dirt is 18". If it was me i would install a 90 amp 120v/240v sub panel in your new space. Wire size would be #4 thhn. For a 125 amp sub panel you would install #2 wire thhn type. This is as long as the total conduit length is 100' or under. PVC size should be 1 1/2" for ease of pulling wire , with no more than 3 90 degree turns. This is the start of it.
Lots more fun to have later wiring it.
hiboy

//Thanks for the clearing that up, now I have an idea of what the electrician might do. I just couldnt get a picture in my mind of what the steps were.

MEGA956

MEGA956

You goin to need an electrician to pull a separate 50-100amp leg off to a subpanel in your new grow area. This can all be done by an electrician. If you are going to pull a dedicated 200amp service over there or something, thats another story.

Tex

//No, I dont think I can put a subpanel there.... I guess thats ok since I
will only get one light bill instesd of two.

//The grow area stiil needs insulation and the sheet-rock, and I want to post some pics of it, because I need some help with odor control and how to cover the walls and floor.

hiboy

hiboy

//No, I dont think I can put a subpanel there.... I guess thats ok since I
will only get one light bill instesd of two.

//The grow area stiil needs insulation and the sheet-rock, and I want to post some pics of it, because I need some help with odor control and how to cover the walls and floor.

You will need to put a sub panel in the new area. This is so you can install your lighting equipment,air conditioners, fans directly to it and not run multiple lines over to your main panel.
hiboy:bongsmi::bongsmi:

MEGA956

MEGA956

You will need to put a sub panel in the new area. This is so you can install your lighting equipment,air conditioners, fans directly to it and not run multiple lines over to your main panel.
hiboy:bongsmi::bongsmi:

//Ohhhh.... Your 100% right. Like I said I dont know squat about electricity.
My bad. The only problem is there are neighboors very close by,and odor is a big problem, will a carbon-filter do the job? I plan to get a 8 site UC, so the smell is going to be pretty strong. I was planning on using some smart light bulbs outside the rooms that supposibly eliminate odors... I'll post the link in a bit.

L

LBZ Farmer

Get the biggest and best carbon filter and fan combo. The smell is intense (ideally and hopefully), and it is unmistakable in most strains.

Also plant some Lavender or other very fragrent flowers between you and your neighbor.

Once the smell gets outside you are one sniff away from being in trouble, one way or another.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just get an overkill fan filter combo

if you use and 8" exhaust fan make sure you put in 2 8" passive intakes opposite where the fan exhausts

as long as you exchange the air at least 3 times every 10 minutes and dont buy a shit filter (or even worse try and diy one) you wont need any bullshit gimmicky odor reducing light bulbs (which I never heard of BTW)

to figure out how many cfms your fan will need to be is easy - take your room dimensions and multiply width x length x height - that is the cubic feet of space in the room - now divide that number by 3

example room is 10 x 12 x 8 = 960 cubic feet - so a 320 cfm fan will clean the volume every 3 minutes - though I would still go overkill and use like a 420 or so

dont skimp here - in a non friendly state the fan/filter is your best defense from getting popped - that and keeping your mouth shut

if your going to vent your lights keep them on their own sealed circuit with a seperate fan

MEGA956

MEGA956

just get an overkill fan filter combo

if you use and 8" exhaust fan make sure you put in 2 8" passive intakes opposite where the fan exhausts

as long as you exchange the air at least 3 times every 10 minutes and dont buy a shit filter (or even worse try and diy one) you wont need any bullshit gimmicky odor reducing light bulbs (which I never heard of BTW)

to figure out how many cfms your fan will need to be is easy - take your room dimensions and multiply width x length x height - that is the cubic feet of space in the room - now divide that number by 3

example room is 10 x 12 x 8 = 960 cubic feet - so a 320 cfm fan will clean the volume every 3 minutes - though I would still go overkill and use like a 420 or so

dont skimp here - in a non friendly state the fan/filter is your best defense from getting popped - that and keeping your mouth shut

if your going to vent your lights keep them on their own sealed circuit with a seperate fan

//Thats good info, I'll definetly do that.

//I actually saw the odor eliminating bulb in a issue of HighTimes, It sounds unreal. I thnk it breaks down some ions and taking odor with it...... heres the link.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Has anyone tried the f2 smart bulbs? They're suppouse to eliminate odors.

N

NaturalyGreen

For the smell you could also look into making yourself an ona bucket. A couple buddies and I have all used these when the smell gets outrageous. Odors molecules in the air are supposed to bond with the ona and dissipate with it. Good luck

MEGA956

MEGA956

For the smell you could also look into making yourself an ona bucket. A couple buddies and I have all used these when the smell gets outrageous. Odors molecules in the air are supposed to bond with the ona and dissipate with it. Good luck

//Looks simple and economic, I should give it a try, why not.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

motherlode is on track,
i would use a mountain air filter and any good inline fan that matches up with it.
they cost more, but last longer and consensus seems to be they are worth the extra coin too.

i wil get a M.A. once i'm on my own and can afford them. so for now a phat filter is my choice, though phresh filters were close behind.

and they have to match with cfm ratings so that you don't have a fan that is so strong that it makes the air pass by the filter too fast. cause then it won't clean the stinky air well if at all.

bear (lol)in mind that if u get a stronger fan you can use a speed adjuster to dial it in as needed. cause u should get a speed adjuster for an inline fan anyway.

i have heard of those bulbs, but u won't need them as mentioned above.

also do some online searching on the topic of filter & fan combinations and rooms. calculations also include things like Co 2, the use of the filter, how many lights , etc etc. not just the space calculation.

ALSO YOUTUBE CAN SHOW YOU WAYS YOU CAN SET UP ROOMS AND SUCH TOO. caps mean i can't type worth shit lol.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I been running a mountain air for over 2 years - not sure what model - but its a big ass one - about 4 feet - only thing I have done is change the prefilter once

the fan filter combo is way overkill for my room - no smell outside my site - unless you count me taking bong rips

my point is this is not where you go cheap on your build

I will be changing the filter after this round and going with something smaller - but only so I can get a bit more room in the corner for my extra light

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Yea, I'll definetly go with a good fan, filter cambo.

//Like you said ML, thats not an area to go cheap on.

M

mrdizzle

mountain airs are the only filters worth buying, I have only run them, but have installed other types for people I set up. everyone of them has changed there phat, phresh, an can filters to mountain airs after 6months to a mountain air

Top Bottom