How 2 explain 2 my kids whats in the grow room

• Thread starter philly kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
half baked

half baked

bro just tell them, honestly its better them knowing than you trying to hide it, kids sense that stuff yano lol, again 1 night round the table let them know whats what and the rules of having such knowledge, your kids sound down to earth so i wouldnt worry, but thats just me bro, i was growing with my dad from 15 so i know the score with it

good luck with whatever you decide
hb

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Growing up we used to steal weed from a friend's dad all the time. Careful what you wish for! ;)

outwest

urbanfog

urbanfog

Had this talk with my teen a week or so ago. I decided to take the honesty route. I figured I make her accountable for honesty so I had to do the same. We discussed prescriptions, alcohol, government and I explained my medicinal use for it. We also talked about "what happens in our home, stays in our home". She asked some questions and then said "ok dad" "Can we go work in the veggie garden?" Sure babygirl, Lets go!

sky high

sky high

The issue of "legality" (as in quasi-legality via "med") is key here. If you aren't in a med state/don't have the proper paperwork/laws to back up what you are doing there are just too many things that can go wrong...and WILL...to lay such responsibility on the head of a child. Let's not forget that the frontal lobe isn't really gettin with the program until kids are...um...like 24 or so...(if not later for some...LOL)...so they will repeat what they hear to their friends @ some point in time no matter how honest/trusting you believe your relationship with them to be. ..especially in times when they are pissed/down/finding the need to impress.....which is all the fuckin time...:rolleyes:

In short....keep yer shit clean and be ready for the fun to begin if you drop the dime on 'em!

good luck with your decisions, folks!

s h

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

IMO if you cant keep it a secret from your kids you probably are putting them in a bad situation trying to get them to not tell anyone,thats alot of pressure to put a youngster who cannot really grasp the situation under.Its not their fault they just dont understand the deal like an adult would.Its just weed and they are your kids,They ALWAYS come first in any situation and like kolah says with all the D.A.R.E. programs and every other motherfucker(teachers,cops ETC ETC)trying to butt into your personal business how can you expect a 13 year old let alone a 4 year old to remain silent?Tough call bro but dont ever blame anyone but yourself if word gets out,The first rule of potclub is we NEVER talk about potclub,LOL.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
philly kush/// tell them the truth, then you don't have to remember what you said....
i'm in the same boat with the grandkids, i tell 'em it's papa's herbs.. they still little...
the truth will set you free bro...

Yep.
My granduaghter has seen my clone room. (It's our computer room too.)
I told her it was grandmas and papa's medicine.
she is 7
I think She knows whats up.

We all know kids are smart. Why hide it like its something Bad?
Teach them what is bad and good.
And teach them Not to tell their friends about Family matters.

Green Giant

Green Giant

We all know kids are smart. Why hide it like its something Bad?
Teach them what is bad and good.
And teach them Not to tell their friends about Family matters.

You couldn't say it any better. If we as adults (parents) act like we are hiding something or doing something wrong, kids will be automatically be curious. I say tell the truth, and not make it a big thing. The more you tell kids not to say something the more they will say...

philly kush

philly kush

I'm gonna break it down 2 them this week end.I know everything will b cool n my kids know family comes first n will keep this on the hush,hush like i said b4 they have 2 educations 1 from school n 1 from me so they will understand.I"ll let u guys know how it goes

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
philly kush/// tell them the truth, then you don't have to remember what you said....
i'm in the same boat with the grandkids, i tell 'em it's papa's herbs.. they still little...
the truth will set you free bro...
Heh, my granddaughter calls my husband Poppa, too. His ex-wife tried to dictate what the girl would call him and I put a stop to that right quick.

I'm a parent and a grandparent, and I've made mistakes and had successes. So, to the OP, whatever you're doing that your kids are honor students and such, wonderful, you should be proud. However, that said, I still to this day feel I made a mistake hiding my cannabis use from my own boys. And I say that based on what's happened to them as far as that and other drugs are concerned, versus how they've been able to keep from impregnating someone early on, despite probably having sex long before getting out of high school.

See, I spoke to them often about sex. I did my best to educate them, and I firmly believe it's truly served us all well. Not just because they're not having babies before they're ready, but because I think it's allowed them to distinguish what a healthy relationship with a woman is, and isn't.

But I hid my cannabis use, and didn't discuss any kind of drug use with them. And they've gone and done their own experimentation, etcetera, sometimes the sort that can lead to babies (amazing!).

With my granddaughter, I decided that I needed to simply address it in realistic terms she could understand. When she came to live with us she wasn't quite 2yo, now she's 4yo. And she knows exactly what my "smoking flowers" are, and what they're for. She thinks some of them smell nice, and others smell icky. She also knows that, just like sex, alcohol, voting and joining the military, using smoking flowers is something that adults do, not children.

She also knows that some adults use them for fun, which is perfectly ok, and that some use them for medicine, which is perfectly ok. What is not ok is for her to try to use them on her own. This is, I feel, appropriate for a child her age. For a 13yo or 17yo, I would discuss the topic in purely adult terms and terminology. And yes, I would absolutely discuss it.

I'm too old and have been through too much shit, living in a medical state, to be willing at all any more to hide what I do. In fact, when asked by anyone, I state my use up front, and I don't call it pot or weed or even marijuana, I call it CANNABIS. I look them in the eye when I say it, too. I'm not blazed out of my head, I can hold a discussion, so please, let's discuss it. This has led to some interesting debates with doctors and others in healthcare.

I also have become acquainted with another patient in my county whose children experience similar success, and he is completely open, not only with his use and need, but with the growing and presence of product. He leaves it laying on the counter, always. He's got a teenage son and he says he's never had a problem with other teens trying to steal a little bud here or there, either. Pretty impressive from my POV.

If you're not in a medical state, if your children were younger I might also encourage you to keep as much from the kids as possible because I don't think it's right to put a kid in the position of having to lie for a parent. However, I do really like the 'family business' model.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I do not discuss it with my kids but at the same time I do not throw it in their faces either. We live in a funny time where those who regulate can take your kids for a slip of the lips. My area is my area... the man/daddy cave and no kids are allowed. It is an adult thing.... not a child thing. With that said... of course if they had seen anything, I would explain that it is my medicine and that is for daddy to use at this moment in time. When they get older... and they some how see or hear... just like the birds and the bee's.... so comes the talk about my medication and how it is used, what it is used for and the dangers... ie... those who seek to hurt our family if there should be loose lips. Nothing more and nothing less. Hope this helps.

nebulius

nebulius

My parents sat me down made me milk and cookies and made me watch "Reefer Madness". Little did I know they were cannacookies. Didn't touch the stuff for years after!

Ok, that was a joke! Good thing I don't have kids they would be so screwed up, lol.:D

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My first consumption was when I was about 5-6. My Great Grandmother gave me cookies. I was really sick and it made me feel much better. I was then given the chore of watering the garden ,veggies included. I just grew up growing and it was explained it was herbal medication. I was told some people thought it was wrong to grow herbs and didn`t understand it could be helpful,there loss. My Grandmother told me not to talk about it to friends and mostly I didn`t ,but as I got older I did somewhat,just didn`t tell anyone we grew.

When I became a parent I was able to keep my grows locked up and out of site from the children until they were older. I always said that it shouldn`t be a reason to lock a person up but never went any farther. When my oldest son was just 18 he came to me one day and said he didn`t want to live a lie and that he smoked cannabis sometimes. I told him I did also and broke out a bowl with him. He told my other kids who didn`t beleave him and they cournered me at the kitchen table. So I told them as well. But I also let them know that CPS could try to take them away if they told there friends.

I don`t know if you ae in a med State or what your kids are like so I can`t tell you what to do,but be careful...even if you are in a med State. kids sometimes do talk.

215 User

215 User

The truth & those D.A.R.E. officers who come to your school smoke w/o a script.

philly kush

philly kush

well I told my kids about the garden,turns out my 17 year old daughter allready knew 4 a few years & they both knew i smoked 2 help me with my back problems i also let them know i prefer using mmj 4 pain n muscle spasms rather than addicting pain killers& they understood.I also told them this must stay in the family,they both said WHY WOULD WE SAY ANYTHING YOUR OUR DAD AND WHAT GOES ON WITH THE FAMILY IS NO ONES BUSSINESS BUT OURS. So that was good ,,a weight off my shoulders!

ttystikk

ttystikk

well I told my kids about the garden,turns out my 17 year old daughter allready knew 4 a few years & they both knew i smoked 2 help me with my back problems i also let them know i prefer using mmj 4 pain n muscle spasms rather than addicting pain killers& they understood.I also told them this must stay in the family,they both said WHY WOULD WE SAY ANYTHING YOUR OUR DAD AND WHAT GOES ON WITH THE FAMILY IS NO ONES BUSSINESS BUT OURS. So that was good ,,a weight off my shoulders!

Now, get down on your knees and thank your lucky stars you have good, smart and loving children. Then, smoke another bowl...

Top Bottom