How 2 explain 2 my kids whats in the grow room

• Thread starter philly kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
philly kush

philly kush

Ive bin growin for a long time now n at the dinner table just recently the discussion of M MJ was braught up n i gave my oppinions,& how it should B legalized everywhere.My kids r 17 n 13.Im pretty sure my 17 yr old knows i medicate 4 my back issues n nerve damage in my leg.OK so here is the kicker 2day i was showing my son how 2 change the oil on my truck he is 13 ,he went off 2 the othe end of the garage lookin 4 tools n stumbled on 2 the room b4 i could call him n of course he asked me what everything was so i gave him the tour n i told him i was starting the veg garden inside this year B4 i plant them outside,Now my son is mature 4 his age n i explained 2 him about that no 1 needs 2 know about this, he said no problem pop, but why,so i told him we r not allowed 2 have those types of lights that they were 4 businesses only.After that we went back 2 workin on the truck,But now i know im gonna have 2 really break it down 2 the kids,so how do u guys think i should go about this.Any input would B great thanx in advance.

dirk d

dirk d

what i did is just tell them the truth. Once they know there is no point trying to make it sound "ok". i told them that im licensed and that i grow this beautiful plant that God put onto this earth to help people. then i showed them how to trim lol. my res change days became a lot less tiresome and now its just a happy family event every harvest lol.

philly kush

philly kush

what i did is just tell them the truth. Once they know there is no point trying to make it sound "ok". i told them that im licensed and that i grow this beautiful plant that God put onto this earth to help people. then i showed them how to trim lol. my res change days became a lot less tiresome and now its just a happy family event every harvest lol.
Thanx dirk , Im def. gonna break it down 2 them pretty soon,my daughter knows she 's just being quiet.My kids have a good head on thier shoulders n they r honor students n street smart,I grew up in the streets so i scooled them a lil.When i tell them thy will understand.
Funny thing my daughter told me she doesnt have school on 420 for teacher retreat,aint that some shit!

philly kush

philly kush

My parents had a term when i was little..."family business". Tell him ur growing medicine instead of getting it from the doctor/pharmacy just like u can grow tomatos instead of buying them at the grocery. Good luck.
Thanx Deacon they will definatly know iys medicine

ttystikk

ttystikk

What's been keeping me from explaining things to my girlfriend's daughter is the wildly unrealistic portrayal of Mother Herb on the boob-tube. I mean, busting a grow op while wearing haz-mat suits? I mean, come on already! Eating tomato vines can kill you (like potatoes, they're nightshades, did you know that?), yet that's perfectly okay to grow around your kids. BUT- boy, you get caught with a totally edible mmj plant and suddenly they treat you like a fuckin' meth lab?!

And the red herring of 'dangerous equipment' doesn't hold a drop of water, either; I've yet to hear of cops confiscating a bunch of growing gear from someone growing peppers in their basement!

philly kush

philly kush

What's been keeping me from explaining things to my girlfriend's daughter is the wildly unrealistic portrayal of Mother Herb on the boob-tube. I mean, busting a grow op while wearing haz-mat suits? I mean, come on already! Eating tomato vines can kill you (like potatoes, they're nightshades, did you know that?), yet that's perfectly okay to grow around your kids. BUT- boy, you get caught with a totally edible mmj plant and suddenly they treat you like a fuckin' meth lab?!

And the red herring of 'dangerous equipment' doesn't hold a drop of water, either; I've yet to hear of cops confiscating a bunch of growing gear from someone growing peppers in their basement!
I will keep this in mind,I always tell my kids the news is 95% BULLSHIT, I dont want the gov. brainwashing my kids. Like reefer madness
did back in the day

ttystikk

ttystikk

aww come on- no one's gonna ask me where I got the gear from?! An old grow op, of course! LOL

sky high

sky high

If you have a card/are legal.....just sit em down and spell it out.

If yer not...yer either gonna have to go with "the story" (lights are for bizz's only, they are herbs for the garden/etc) and continue to deflect.... or....hate to say it...shut down.

Either way....legal or not....GUARANTEED once you tell em...all of their friends will know and then some. This will bring on lots of possible problems. Everything fron rip offs to other parents finding out what you do...to the knock on the door. Happened here (all 3). Just warning ya. This is a BIG deal. Yer kids don't know the consequences like you do....and it will show in the way they open yer game up to everyone they know...cus...well...IT'S COOL TO HAVE A DAD WHO GROWS WEED....

good luck however you appproach it

s h

Mogrow

Mogrow

philly kush/// tell them the truth, then you don't have to remember what you said....
i'm in the same boat with the grandkids, i tell 'em it's papa's herbs.. they still little...
the truth will set you free bro...

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Hopefully they dont go around telling their friends and teachers at school. A lot of kids have Big Mouths... ~ODB~

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

My mouth is shut she won't have a clue what I do till she's moved out. Period for her safety and mine. Kids have the loosest lips around, keep that in mind. Till there bout 4ish they really arnt that bad but once school starts ya gotta wrench up security. She might not realize telling her best friend at school daddy has funny smelling plants at home or saying daddy sells medicine or whatever might get back to her best friends dad who is also an officer, now my kid is gone my plants are gone id lose my job farm and sit in jail and court fighting to get em back. Honestly even being online talking bout growing is adding risk.

K

kolah

The school systems are now teaching children to snitch on parents..whether it be about guns in the house or drugs. (this is also true for medical doctors, nurses, etc). I think it would be advantageous to explain to your children the legalities and penalties involved if you so choose to tell that you are growing and using MMJ. Teach them about "family privacy" and that some things need to remain private. How it is handled depends strictly on their age. Good Luck!

dirk d

dirk d

Here's the way i look at it guys. sure kids have loose mouths. but once they find out its over anyways lol. kids are not stupid and they wont stop until they know. better to educate your kids before the "school" system does. have a serious family discussion.

When i was growing up we used to have this table in the family room. and we used to eat dinner there all together. and at this dinner table we talked about the world and family issues. key is to spend quality time with your kids. not just bury your head in the ground and deny, deny, deny. i've tried both, the truth was the only one that helped me trim lol. good luck..

onisdad

onisdad

Whether you tell them or not, they will know! Kids are way smarter than you might think and if you explain the consiquences about what could happen if they tell the wrong people,it will be understood if you just give them the chance. As i was growing up my parents kept the fact that they sold weed from me and my sister. By 11 years old we had them totally figured out. Even though I NEVER saw them partake or ever saw a plant or even bag of weed or even smelled it, yet I KNEW exactly what they were doing and that if I told the wrong people, I could get them in serious trouble.

Recently, I had a friend tell his 15 and 17 year old about what he was growing in his basement. The 17 had already made the decision to not be a smoker and so really was Ok with whatever his dad did. Now the younger one we had guessed already tried smoking with his friends in school. He had some issues keeping his mouth shut but only around his mom(the parents were divorced and lived in different cities). After a few threats of mom never letting the kids back and finally the whole family sitting down to talk about it and its legalities(everything he was doing is legal here) they are finally all on the same page and the kids understand the severity of the situation. Being threatened by their mom with never being able to see their dad again because of a few plants he was growing helped them understand about not talking about it.

Any way you look at it, its a tuff situation! But I still think that the truth will always be the best option. Gook luck in whichever path you choose...

Oh and ttystikk , I just LOVE the signature! Devo rocks!

Illmind

Illmind

Shit when i was 13 i prob wouldve been giving u tips. Best thing is to keep it out of site out of mind. Since u told your kid no1 needs to know about it next time he alone at home or wih a friend u can bet he snooping around and on the internet trying to figure out what it is. Better hope he dont think its cool or he'll be all around school like my daddy grows weed! U think not? I know kids and they all quite similar. Luckyfor u you dont have a little demon like me. I woulda been snaggin buds off your plants n selling em in elementary school. So dont leave lil buddy home alone with friends or soon as u leave its gon be a "check this out" and the only thig worse then 1 child knowing something its 2 knowing something. It will def get out then. Good luck killer. Next time conceal it well or have a special keep out room nobody is allowed in.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
philly kush/// tell them the truth, then you don't have to remember what you said....
i'm in the same boat with the grandkids, i tell 'em it's papa's herbs.. they still little...
the truth will set you free bro...

I'll caveat this by saying I don't have kids, but I definitely feel honesty is the best policy, otherwise ignorance is bliss.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom