how and when to Flushing your Coco

• Thread starter Highlander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highlander

how and when to Flush your Coco?

hey Farmers, what's up?...so I switched from soil to B'cuzz coco for my first time and I am about 12 days from cutting and I hear mix things about when to flush your coco..please help! Here is what I've been giving my girls during flowering :
- H&G B & A at 8 ml/gal
-cannaboost t 8-15ml/gal
- bokashi at 1/4-3/4cups/gal
- guano at 1-2Tbsp/Gal

I did my last guano watering about 2days ago and I hear from some people that since i'm using R.O. water I should gradually decrease my nutes by a ml or 2 a day until day 5 and then flush with water for only 5 days..not sure about this method as I've always flushed for 7-10days.

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
I usually flush with molasses for the last 2-3 waterings.

J

jay

I give my coco plants straight water for the last week. Molasses wouldn't be useful at that point--it's not a flushing agent.

Greyskull

Greyskull

i've flushed with a concoction of 50ml Sweet per G water for the last week, as well as just plain old water for the last week.

I like flushing with just plain old water the last 7.

good luck

btw I ebb n flow/recirc so I am using the same "plain" water to feed the palnts 3x per day, for 7 days.

A

astartes

I hand water every other day in 3-5 gal buckets of coco. I flush for two weeks with the first week being pH'd R/O water and 5 mls of molasseses per gallon. The second week of the flush is just ph'd R/O water.

In my experience with chem nutes a two week flush is necessary, but with straight organics, you can get away with a week in a pinch.

astartes

F

FastForward

Astartes - as far as I know, RO water has a pH of 5.5 - although you can't really determine it with a pH meter because there's nothing in solution to measure. I've pH'd rainwater and it was also 5.5, so you probably don't need to pH adjust your RO water? Just a thought for you....because I've been flushing mine with rainwater (not pH'd) and they're fine. Plus, I think maybe not pH adjusting is good to stress the plants and actually keep them from absorbing nutes in range....

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I never adjust my R/O flush water same as FF was saying .

A

astartes

FF ---

I forgot to mention I add back about 10% tap water for the buffering capacity. It's enough cation exchange to get the pH stable and readable.

I know Crazy Composer was doing a test on non-pH'ed water for the flush, but never saw how it turned out. The reasoning makes sense to me as an off pH will lock out nute uptake which is exactly the game plan for a flush. Sounds like it works like a charm based on your and Zoo's results:)

astartes

H

Highlander

HELP! PLEASE!!!!
So I have 4x4 beds with straight coco however I do not have good enough drains on the beds to achieve a 30% runoff and I am in my last 4days of flushing should I try two waterings per day? a light water when the lights are off and a heavier watering when he lights are on? I want to make sure I Achieve an adequate Flush

R

ringworm

1 week flush with ro water...and I always ph it to 6? :{ may try not doing so and see what happens

T

tantraman

Interesting that a lot of the farmers here like long flushes in coco - 2 to 3 weeks it seems.

I was under the impression that one of the benefits of coco is that you can get away with a 5 - 7 day flush and that a 2 week flush leads to a loss of potency and yield.

Coco simply doesn't hold nutes to the extent that it warrants a long flush. Why deprive your plants of food unnecessarily and risk cannabinoid degradation?

Now I realise I'm being a bit argumentative here, first post and all, but really I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I don't have a firm opinion either way, just throwing this out there in an attempt to learn more about coco.

What difference would you expect to see between buds that were flushed for 3 weeks versus those that were flushed for 7 days? Do you really expect salt-based nutes to be still present after even a few days flushing?

T

tophmaster

that really makes alot of sense to me tman i thought that was a great benifit to coco. i have a nice fat drain in my coco beds thats adjustble so i can keep it more closed until flushing time

B

boxmunch9

I flush my coco for basically 18 days , 2 weeks with just water, then and extra four days of no water to let them turn a couple more amber trichomez.

Im a firm believer that the leafs should be all yellow on chopp day, the smoke is uber smooth its the first thing people notice. butterscotch yo

the only thing that scares me is not flushing enough

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I flush with mollasses for 2 weeks then flush with canna flush for 1 week

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

Man alot of mixed opinions here! I would really like to know how long I should flush canna coco. I'm using pots a little smaller then a gallon. I was just gonna go 7-10 days with just water since pots were smaller? What u guys think?

B

bluejay

I go 7 days also but do not want any leaf die back or deficiency burn.If it goes past trimmable parts then it loses BAG APPEAL= money loss. 7 day flush in coco is fine for a smooth smoke as long as it dries slow...

I guess if you were talking about 7-9 gallon smart pots then it would take longer than 7 days to dry and flush 7 times..Common sense

R

redlife215

What about flushing the coco before ur next run? That's what I wanna know. Say I am usisng a high pk finisher don't I wanna flush the coco out before I plant new clones? How long do most of you flush bdfore u add new plants in the beds?

Lowman

Lowman

I flush my buckets of coco out before reuse. I just flush with tap water till the EC reads around 1 or 1.2. Ready for replanting. I use tap water for everything...I never need to use cal/mag products this way.

Top Bottom