How are my Plants doing?

• Thread starter Swegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swegrow

Swegrow

Hey guys! Im quite new to growing and I got 2 of them going for now. Planted the first (the big thin one) in april and the smaller bushier one in late May or early June. They are growing next to my tomatoes and alot of kitchen herbs in my outdoor room.

The tall one I got the speed from a college so not really sure what kind it is. From what ive read its a sativa? The 2nd one is from an autoextreme from dp.

Im not really sure on how they are doing and when to cut them down to dry since they are apparently in some stage of flowering. Here are some pictures

How are my plants doing
How are my plants doing 2
How are my plants doing 3
How are my plants doing 4
How are my plants doing 5
How are my plants doing 6
How are my plants doing 7
How are my plants doing 8
How are my plants doing 9
How are my plants doing 10
Swegrow

Swegrow

Oops, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures and some spelling mishaps..

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Looks like you still have a long time to go until you cut it down. Should supply some better pics of those dying leaves and some info with regards to how much your watering, nutes, etc. etc. and Im sure there would be lots of people on here willing to give some insight as to why the leaves are dying off.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Looks like you still have a long time to go until you cut it down. Should supply some better pics of those dying leaves and some info with regards to how much your watering, nutes, etc. etc. and Im sure there would be lots of people on here willing to give some insight as to why the leaves are dying off.

Thanks for the reply! I will get better pics tomorrow when I got better light.

I dont use any nutrients. Only water. Have been spraying the leaves in the morning on sunny days just as I do my other plants. It might be the size of the pot on the one that looks bad? Have been thinking of replanting it in a bigger one.

Im a beginner on this and I will welcome all opinions and suggestions and I appreciate you giving of your time!

az2000

az2000

You should probably stop spraying the leaves now. Buds are susceptible to mold/rot. Keep moisture away.

What kind of soil is it? It seems to me you'll have to start feeding.

Are you growing them under any lighting? Just the sun coming through the window?

Swegrow

Swegrow

You should probably stop spraying the leaves now. Buds are susceptible to mold/rot. Keep moisture away.

What kind of soil is it? It seems to me you'll have to start feeding.

Are you growing them under any lighting? Just the sun coming through the window?

1, Got it!

2, I used a ecological soil for vegetsbles

3, only sunlight. They are in direkt sunlight from morning until late afternoon and the room heats up and are like a green house during the day.

Thanks!

az2000

az2000

2, I used a ecological soil for vegetsbles

Since you're growing in filtered light, maybe the plants don't need to eat much. Maybe the soil wouldn't be exhausted. Bagged soils like you describe typically run out of nutrients by now. If it was a true organic/composted/complete/living soil. Maybe that would carry a plant through the grow. But, people who use that soil, they feed the microbes using "teas." If that's the kind of soil you used, you should look into that tea feeding. It has something to do with bubbling organic material (like bird poop) in water for 2 days, and pouring the water into the soil.). I don't know much about it.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

They look over fed, and over watered to me. Given the weak light, they can't assimilate the nute load that fully lit plants can. The drooping and downward curling sides of the leaf look like overwatering; the tip curl makes me think overfeeding/too much N. Make sure they dry out between waterings, and I wouldn't feed them for a while.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Thanks guys. I will let them dry out and then add a little less water than I use too.

Fun thing is that one is looking fine in the top and bottom of the plant but have yellow / curled up / dying leave in a section of the middle near the stem.

Some pics

IMG 20190805 153620

IMG 20190805 153623
IMG 20190805 153804
IMG 20190805 153647
IMG 20190805 153632
IMG 20190805 153632 1
IMG 20190805 153627
Swegrow

Swegrow

Its supposed to be 12/12 during flowering right? Checked with my weather service and its currently 15. Xh light and 8.x dark. Put in inside in dark ess after 12h might do the trick, or what do you suggest?

Once again, thank you all for the show of interrest and will to help!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Yeah definitely let it dry out more between waterings. And don’t be afraid of watering now, like you still want to ensure the soil is drenched when you do water. A nice healthy cycle between wet and dry.

It is weird that your plant looks healthy on the top and bottom, some crazy growth I’ve never seen but still good looking plant. Get that watering cycle perfected and I’m sure they’ll turn out great.

I wouldn’t bother trying to put them away from the light. The sunlight hours are shortening, and it’ll get to that 12 hour mark. When using the sun as your light it’s a bit different than just giving it 12-12 light cycle. Other factors are the angle of the sun in the sky, which causes light rays to reflect, refract, and disperse differently. At different points on the earth and at different times of the year as the light passes through the earth atmosphere it reflect, refract, and dispersed differently, and this has an overall effect on what triggers flowering. So I would just let your plant do it’s thing, it’ll flower and finish when Mother Nature says it’s time!

This is also why there are indoor lights used for veg and used for flowering. It gives that effect of certain colours being more dominant in the sunlight as it passes through the atmosphere.

Science rules.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks guys. I will let them dry out and then add a little less water than I use too.

Fun thing is that one is looking fine in the top and bottom of the plant but have yellow / curled up / dying leave in a section of the middle near the stem.

Some pics

View attachment 885880
I've looked a couple times and still can't tell if that plant is revegging or not from those pictures, is that plant getting random an occasional light during it's dark period?

Swegrow

Swegrow

I've looked a couple times and still can't tell if that plant is revegging or not from those pictures, is that plant getting random an occasional light during it's dark period?

Nope. We only use that room during daytime so no Electric lights whatsoever.

Yeah definitely let it dry out more between waterings. And don’t be afraid of watering now, like you still want to ensure the soil is drenched when you do water. A nice healthy cycle between wet and dry.

It is weird that your plant looks healthy on the top and bottom, some crazy growth I’ve never seen but still good looking plant. Get that watering cycle perfected and I’m sure they’ll turn out great.

I wouldn’t bother trying to put them away from the light. The sunlight hours are shortening, and it’ll get to that 12 hour mark. When using the sun as your light it’s a bit different than just giving it 12-12 light cycle. Other factors are the angle of the sun in the sky, which causes light rays to reflect, refract, and disperse differently. At different points on the earth and at different times of the year as the light passes through the earth atmosphere it reflect, refract, and dispersed differently, and this has an overall effect on what triggers flowering. So I would just let your plant do it’s thing, it’ll flower and finish when Mother Nature says it’s time!

This is also why there are indoor lights used for veg and used for flowering. It gives that effect of certain colours being more dominant in the sunlight as it passes through the atmosphere.

Science rules.

This was pretty much my idea from the Beginning, - put them in their pots, add water when needed and let nature has its course. I will give it a couple of days and see how they feel and the get back to you guys.

Thanks!

Swegrow

Swegrow

Hi, its me again :)

The tall plant is nooät looking good. Leafs are getting yellow and some are dropping off and though its some flowers going, they dont develope. I let it dry out, then water it. Tried a bit more water yesterday to see what happend. The other one is in flower and buds are getting thicker by the day, but it got some of it leaves turning yellow. Any ideas?

Some pictures

IMG 20190813 184722
IMG 20190813 184732
IMG 20190813 184713
IMG 20190813 172056
az2000

az2000

The tall plant is nooät looking good. Leafs are getting yellow and some are dropping off and though its some flowers going, they dont develope. ... Any ideas?

Are you still not feeding anything?

I don't now what to suggest. It's not uncommon for leaves to yellow and drop near the end of the grow. I think your plants should receive more light (and be completely dark for 12 hours each day. Not sure about works in that room.). If they don't get enough light, they may not need much nutrients. So, if you fed that plant, it might be too much for its environment. Or, too late into its lifespan. That might be as good as it can be in that environment.

If it was warm enough, growing them outside should be better (for the light. But, then you might have bug problems).

Swegrow

Swegrow

Are you still not feeding anything?

I don't now what to suggest. It's not uncommon for leaves to yellow and drop near the end of the grow. I think your plants should receive more light (and be completely dark for 12 hours each day. Not sure about works in that room.). If they don't get enough light, they may not need much nutrients. So, if you fed that plant, it might be too much for its environment. Or, too late into its lifespan. That might be as good as it can be in that environment.

If it was warm enough, growing them outside should be better (for the light. But, then you might have bug problems).

No nutrients supplementation whatsoever yet. Might be not enough light though. Should I harvest the tall one right now and see what it will yield or leave it for another couple of weeks you think? Dont seem to grow and have not for a week or two.

az2000

az2000

Should I harvest the tall one right now and see what it will yield or leave it for another couple of weeks

Usually you go by the pistils turning brown, and the trichomes changing from clear to cloudy (maybe some amber). I'm not sure if it will ripen that way with the low level of light (and maybe not having complete darkness for 12 hours).

You could cut the top section off. Harvest it. Let the bottom go awhile longer, see what happens. The top part is so high, it seems like it might not be getting enough light. Maybe the plant would focus more on budding the bottom half. (Or, maybe the stress would cause it to herm, be seedy. Which isn't entirely bad. You'd have some seeds to grow.

Are you thinking about what to do for your next grow? Outdoors? Or, create a grow space that you light yourself, and can give darkness?

Swegrow

Swegrow

Usually you go by the pistils turning brown, and the trichomes changing from clear to cloudy (maybe some amber). I'm not sure if it will ripen that way with the low level of light (and maybe not having complete darkness for 12 hours).

You could cut the top section off. Harvest it. Let the bottom go awhile longer, see what happens. The top part is so high, it seems like it might not be getting enough light. Maybe the plant would focus more on budding the bottom half. (Or, maybe the stress would cause it to herm, be seedy. Which isn't entirely bad. You'd have some seeds to grow.

Are you thinking about what to do for your next grow? Outdoors? Or, create a grow space that you light yourself, and can give darkness?

I cut it off a 2 days ago, the remains seem to be doing good so far. Experimenting by adding some nutrients to that one aswell.

I will grow again next spring. I plan on planting alot more seeds than this year, some in pots in the same rooms i used this year, some outdoors and im currently Building a small green house so will plant there aswell. A big yield is not the most important for me right now, I dont smoke that much but I think its really nice to grow and learn. No plans of growing indoors with artificial light in the near future.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Since I cut off the top the lower half has come again. Flowers are growing good and leaves are turning green instead of yellow. Added basic nutrients aswell. To early to say if it will be a good end result but looks promising. Thanks for the tip man!

Swegrow

Swegrow

Ok, another question.. :)

The trichomes (I think?) are starting to get a darker colour, was whiteish up until today. Does that mean its time to harvest? Our should I give them more time?

IMG 20190826 164859
IMG 20190826 164834
Top Bottom