How are people learning to grow?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

Hey there,

General topic is how are people learning to grow?

I have read and re-read the Cannabis Grow Bible (3rd Ed) by Greg Green, it is a boat load of good knowledge and I learn something new everytime I crack it open.

How are people learning to grow
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I bought a grow book from a friend 15 years ago. Read it.. And lost it.. Never grew nothing. Last year when it became legal I hit YouTube and searched hydroponics... Started a Dwc, struggled, came here.. Fast forward a year and I've still never grown in soil, just epic water grows lol..

DanC520

DanC520

The internet and trial & error. For real, I think I’ve only reached out for help in early veg of my first grow. The rest from others documented experiences online or my own experiences. It does take an internet savvy person though. A lot of people giving bad advice.

S

sshortguy1

learned by reading Ed Rosenthal's marijuana grower's guide back in the 90s, they didn't use any LED lights, etc, just MH & HPS, grew a couple in a open room grew A LOT FASTER than the light I'm using now, I bought a couple of those cheap LED lights to see if it was even worth trying to compare but seems to me that it grew faster under HIDs, anyone else having this problem?

growsince79

growsince79

learned by reading Ed Rosenthal's marijuana grower's guide back in the 90s, they didn't use any LED lights, etc, just MH & HPS, grew a couple in a open room grew A LOT FASTER than the light I'm using now, I bought a couple of those cheap LED lights to see if it was even worth trying to compare but seems to me that it grew faster under HIDs, anyone else having this problem?
Good LEDs work just as good as HIDs.

dextr0

dextr0

I read almost anything cannabis related.

Following people’s grows has always been one of the biggest helps growing for me. I’ll pick up stuff here or there.

Believe it or not the farm is still my biggest source of info on growing.

Instagram is another major source I’ve tapped into lately.

I have spent a lot of my life just watching and mimicking better growers than myself.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Like ANY other subject, scrub the internet with queries. Figure out which answers occur most frequently to each question you pose. Go from there.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Best way to learn is by growing and making mistakes! I've learned more from past mistakes than any book could teach.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Trial and error. Learn what you can from books and internet and then get started by throwing in a seed. Just try not to box yourself into one type of thinking. The cannabis industry is ripe with it. Use what works but always keep an open mind. Once you have grown a few plants, then you can expand knowledge outside of cannabis and look at all botany.

TheMaverickFarmer

TheMaverickFarmer

That's funny I'm coming across this, was thinking the exact same thing half hour ago. I'm thinking it's the fact that we're able to produce more THC from a plant than back then with today's nutes, focusing it's energy on producing nice thight, sticky, stinky buds instead of growing big, loose not so packed with trichomes flowers.
Today's genetics also play a role in this I think
We used to grow tops that couldn't fit in a 2 liter bottle of coke with Earth Juice in the 90's.., Shishkaberry, California Orange, Skunk #1, Freezeland (Northern light #5) and the list goes on...where are those?
To answer the OP's question, it all started with Ed Rosenthal's The Closet Cultivator for me
Puff Puff

Last edited:
S

sshortguy1

Good LEDs work just as good as HIDs.
they worked better for me I've tried using LEDs they grow plants way too slow for me, back in the 90s when I 1st started fooling with them, HiDs is all we had & knew how they work, now since growing in medicinal states we can grow them , so I used to use LEds went bought a 600 watt MH & HPs kit for $250.00 set it up ran the exhaust to the attic a friend made in my house & showed how to reseal it so it won''t show marks where a hole is , this is my home I don't put holes in my walls to grow pot, If I had a choice keeping my house livable or growing pot ? I'll keep the house , it's worth A LOT MORE MONEY!

Observationist

Observationist

The problem is the “cheap” LEDs lol

Pileit

Pileit

A variety of methods. Thc farmer is one of the great ones. I read a lot and still do. My problem being out in the woods is not having close indoor growers to bounce problems off. It can be expensive learning to grow indoors when the avg monthly light bill has never been below 7 grand a month. I am learning, my concern is maybe not enough or fast enough. Thank You.

grnmtn

grnmtn

A variety of methods. Thc farmer is one of the great ones. I read a lot and still do. My problem being out in the woods is not having close indoor growers to bounce problems off. It can be expensive learning to grow indoors when the avg monthly light bill has never been below 7 grand a month. I am learning, my concern is maybe not enough or fast enough. Thank You.
$7000+!..Wow! I thought $150 was bad. You must have a very very large setup.

S

sshortguy1

THE BEST METHOD IS OUTDOORS , you can't sub nature , nature takes care of it's problems and those what's in it,

Latest posts

Top Bottom