How are people learning to grow?

• Thread starter GreatWhiteBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pileit

Pileit

$7000+!..Wow! I thought $150 was bad. You must have a very very large setup.
Not the smartest thing to do. I am impulsive. I had a building already up with lots of space. I got excited and spent couple hundred large and thought i was going to kill it. not. Some runs we made a little, some runs we lost alot. If no one evr told u that growing indoors is alot of work, i have told u now. I enjoy it, but lots of janitorial work, lifting , carrying,lol.

grnmtn

grnmtn

THE BEST METHOD IS OUTDOORS , you can't sub nature , nature takes care of it's problems and those what's in it,
Unless it literally rains for months nonstop and an unrelenting mold covers every living plant and tree outside. Happened for the 1st time last summer. Lost 90% of a hell of a lot of plants.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Not the smartest thing to do. I am impulsive. I had a building already up with lots of space. I got excited and spent couple hundred large and thought i was going to kill it. not. Some runs we made a little, some runs we lost alot. If no one evr told u that growing indoors is alot of work, i have told u now. I enjoy it, but lots of janitorial work, lifting , carrying,lol.
I can't even imagine as I grew 90 plants once, which is nothing to you, and I was at my limit and now am happy around 25.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

they worked better for me I've tried using LEDs they grow plants way too slow for me, back in the 90s when I 1st started fooling with them, HiDs is all we had & knew how they work, now since growing in medicinal states we can grow them , so I used to use LEds went bought a 600 watt MH & HPs kit for $250.00 set it up ran the exhaust to the attic a friend made in my house & showed how to reseal it so it won''t show marks where a hole is , this is my home I don't put holes in my walls to grow pot, If I had a choice keeping my house livable or growing pot ? I'll keep the house , it's worth A LOT MORE MONEY!
I pay 165$ for 1000w hid tube covering a 4*4. If I can work out how to heat my home with the excess heat, it will be far more effecient in terms of running costs.

Honestly I'm doubting those 700w hlg leds could cover a 4x4 as well as my hids.

S

sshortguy1

Internet and friends on growing fourms are surely the best
the best method is knowing personally they can come over and advise you which a friend decided to do within his busy schedule, internet forums will only confuse you b/c you can ask 1 question get 5 different answers & none of them will be correct either on the 1st day I logged on seen misinformation are over , He said never listen to those on the internet b/c they are not there & don't know the plant's environment, etc., I see those using Spider farmer lights from $350.00 & up, you really think I'm going to spend that just for personal? no , I know the game plan, seen it go down in the 80s greed takes over & eventually causes their demise & you wonder why people get popped? that's why greed overcomes them just a few more won't be that bad till reality hits & you're over your head, 5 plants for personal The friend I was referring to told me you can deal with only 2 plants b/c the amount you use isn't worth growing that much b/c by the time you the spot it won't be any good b/c time & air decomposes the thc in the weed & breaks it down so it won't be as potent as it was before

S

sshortguy1

Lol

then you get a 100 degree day and your buds foxtail.
not in the winter , in the summer i can grow it outside on another property in his backyard b/c I own the house , I got my bases covered, the guy that lives there also owned greenhouses & used to be her ex, he knows what to do with them told me if I help you I need a cut , I said sure, he smokes less than me , lol, ,a joint would last him a week
NICE TRY!

growsince79

growsince79

That's funny I'm coming across this, was thinking the exact same thing half hour ago. I'm thinking it's the fact that we're able to produce more THC from a plant than back then with today's nutes, focusing it's energy on producing nice thight, sticky, stinky buds instead of growing big, loose not so packed with trichomes flowers.
Today's genetics also play a role in this I think
We used to grow tops that couldn't fit in a 2 liter bottle of coke with Earth Juice in the 90's.., Shishkaberry, California Orange, Skunk #1, Freezeland (Northern light #5) and the list goes on...where are those?
To answer the OP's question, it all started with Ed Rosenthal's The Closet Cultivator for me
Puff Puff
I use the same nutes as I did in the early 80s. They still work perfect.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Watching.....asking questions....but I had patient,kind farmers who told me ...gotta get this figured out buddy cause it's the families side buis(hustle) that helps get "things we like"

S

sshortguy1

I use the same nutes as I did in the early 80s. They still work perfect.
I read that 1 too, ,lol,,, the book I had was the 1st edition with the plant's flowers on the top, remember renting it but never returned it but I don't think I ever paid for it either

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Are there any hugelculture threads here guys?
I asked because the local town where I live has cut up floodplain Maples that are 4 ft in diameter anyone that's living on the East Coast that hasn't noticed in the last 5 years that the winds have picked up at least 15 miles an hour especially up by the Canadian border you're not paying attention because I'm An arborist by trade and I've been up 30 ft in a central leader and felt gusts ive never felt before ever up here so, I'm thinking about going out and grabbing that flood plain Maple that snapped and fell.they just bucked it up in 12 to 18 in chunks you know the whole damn thing everything from the four foot trunk all the way to the actual canopy in the central leaders and stuff that go all the way down to like four in in diameter a waste of really good firewood but I figure I'm going to try and utilize some of that to start some Hugelculture with

S

sshortguy1

Stuck a seed in the ground and learn something new every grow. Trial and error is the best teacher.
my wife told me the same thing, I have 3 growing at the moment but ran into a few issues a long it's growth left 3 places a friend's I knew that grows them then my other friend got it sat inside beside the cold window which wasn't good then left the house went into the cold below 0 then came back into the grow tent then starting recovering but they're still alive after the b/s they went through, 1 month's time lapse

Pic 2
Pic
20220116 133742
20220116 133840
sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey there,

General topic is how are people learning to grow?

I have read and re-read the Cannabis Grow Bible (3rd Ed) by Greg Green, it is a boat load of good knowledge and I learn something new everytime I crack it open.

They get on a forum like this after NEVER having read a thing and everyone grows their weed for them...take a look at 97% of the posts...good on you for doing some homework!

Top Bottom