how are these pretties looking?

• Thread starter petalie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
petalie

petalie

How are they looking? I’m a first time grower and I’m kind of learning as I go but do you think they’re in need of anything? Trimming? Topping? Are they too young to be sexed? Please let me know :)

How are these pretties looking
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Personally, I would top them to keep them short and encourage more branching out, which equals more blossom sites. Also, are you letting the soil dry out a bit before watering? I may be way off base but I have read and seen that over watering can cause them to NOT branch out, basically growing stick plants. If these will stay outside, perhaps height is not an issue, but I would be concerned that they don't appear to be branching out.

petalie

petalie

Personally, I would top them to keep them short and encourage more branching out, which equals more blossom sites. Also, are you letting the soil dry out a bit before watering? I may be way off base but I have read and seen that over watering can cause them to NOT branch out, basically growing stick plants. If these will stay outside, perhaps height is not an issue, but I would be concerned that they don't appear to be branching out.
So wait, they aren't branching out well? How can you tell?
They're currently in a mix of coco coir, worm castings and perlite (I made sure to add a lot of perlite).. They weren't always in that mix though, and they were in pots with no drainage when I receive them from my friend.

Usually now, I'll let them dry out pretty well before watering, but maybe its not enough!!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

So wait, they aren't branching out well? How can you tell?
They're currently in a mix of coco coir, worm castings and perlite (I made sure to add a lot of perlite).. They weren't always in that mix though, and they were in pots with no drainage when I receive them from my friend.

These are also in coco and perlite. Light has a lot to do with branching as does indica/ sativa mix. These are about 50/50 hybrid. Regular seeds on the left are larger than the feminized seed on the right. How they grow is partly genetics and a lot about how they are grown. These got topped once and are in the process of going into flower now. Light has been about 350 real watts from LED about 16 hours a day.

Within the next couple weeks of 13/11 dark/light they will either show pistils or little balls for the regular seeds which will hopefully be pistils. Pineapple Poundcake from Lucky 13 seeds for the 2 plants on the left. On the right is a Sweet God in front and a Black Bomb from Philosophers Seeds at the back right.

DSC00618

Top Bottom