How are you legal large warehouse growers dealing with power bill?

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

Just curious. Obviously, through a corp or some other entity. Does the utility company expect prepayment or weekly payments due to the dollar amount? Any other issues I need to be aware of?

I am in SoCal.

N

noone88

Wow really?

Does the electricity company contact you via mail about usage?

N

noone88

Thanks. Summer bill max has been $1,800ish commercial space. I've never had to drop $10k in utilities in one month. The person that takes payment (check cashing place) has to take down my information if I exceed $2,000.

Colossus

Colossus

Upgraded it all? - Where there is a will, there is a way! (well at least there must be) :|

B

Bakedjon

You are fine in CA. I would recommend if its over 10k that you do it in parts. I go to the grocery store and pay there for a few then go to the pge places for others. I only have one bill that is ever over 10 and I go to two places and do 5-8k at each and then that is payed. I can run 100k for less than 20k in a reg house. I only pay 8-11 cents per kw though. Just make sure you pay on time and you should have no hassle from them. I even had an incident that happened on the road and the pge guy put in another transformer as I guess it was pretty hot, so I have three massive ones on the poles in front.

germinator

germinator

I'm thinking it slows the spinning meter down, but you must need a strong magnet huh. I can't imagine what would happen if they caught ya.

B0lero

B0lero

Magnet? How's that work? May have try it...
Back home in Bulgaria we use to do it that way but the bastards change reading meters from mechanical to electrics and take them out of the house. So not working anymore, also have to be careful otherwise in the end of the month they can own you money lol

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Magnet? How's that work? May have try it...

The magnet thing does work on the old style meters, if you put it on the wrong side it will speed it up. You have to move it around and find the sweet spot. If they catch you when they read the meter you're in deep shit. Never tried it myself but, have known people that have, my power bill has never been so high that I felt the need to tempt it.

B0lero

B0lero

I am small fish compare you guys, however i fix my problem with my bills with this little monitoring gadget Image

Colossus

Colossus

when i get a chance tomorrow ill take some photos and show you how our devices in the southern hemisphere operate and essentially how to....... Hack them for Free power!

Colossus

Colossus

The magnet thing does work on the old style meters, if you put it on the wrong side it will speed it up. You have to move it around and find the sweet spot. If they catch you when they read the meter you're in deep shit. Never tried it myself but, have known people that have, my power bill has never been so high that I felt the need to tempt it.

This is true.. My will came to $500 for just one weeks use with lights... So its quite essential i use it... The good thing about it is, Your also told the date of your reading, so you have a rough idea of when they will be knocking to see your metre n by that stage youve removed it! Really they cause their own loss by supplying dates of readings!

Junk

Junk

If your meter is pre 1982 or so it can work. Depending on your area, your meter may still be old enough. Here in Boston area, the meters have been "fixed" for quite a while.

I would never risk something so stupid. If you get caught, it's not like they don't have the resources to prosecute for theft, & they are looking to set examples.

You used the electric, just pay the bill.

Top Bottom