How can I avoid the same mistake again? (think Nitrogen deficiency)

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedgirl

How can I avoid the same mistake again? (think Nitrogen fail)

My last grown all went in the bubble bags and it ended up costing me a small fortune because the buds would not dense up. There where lots of flowers and lots of resins, but the buds where just like lose flowers and not hard, dense buds.

This is pictures from my last grow that failed. (sative strain)
They are from day 54 of flower, but they looked pretty much the same after day 90. I am thinking it could be too mugh nitrogen (someone told me), but how do I make sure to avoid that, this time around?
P1010286.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010280.jpg

1160.jpg

P1010277.jpg

This is my current grow:

Venom818

Venom818

hard to tell if its to much nitrogen but they do look over fertilized

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
definitely looks like too much nitrogen to me

the clawing is a dead giveaway

what nutes and medium did you use?

audius

audius

definitely looks like too much nitrogen to me

the clawing is a dead giveaway

what nutes and medium did you use?

ditto.can i ask what kind of strains your running ? how bigs your light & plant numbers?

F

fuzzy

Ditto.Nitrogen def, but what kind of lighting and whats your sched?peace,fuzzy

F

fuzzy

I may be wrong but i think some sativas need a lot more light and adjusting to a sativas light schedule helps.If so, just do a little back ground check on the strain. peace,fuzzy

OGONLY

OGONLY

My advice is this. Ditch that sativa strain you are running. There are some bomb sativa hybrids out there that finish much faster than that strain you were running. Get a reputable strain.

Then follow the advice of any of hundreds of members on this site as far as nutes, whether organic or hydro. A simple nute schedule can be taken off of hundreds of threads on this site.

Generally when in flower you reduce the nitrogen level gradually as the cycle advances. I like to totally eliminate N in week 5 of a 10 week strain.

W

weedgirl

The strain on that one was "Power Widow" from Green Lable. It was under 3 x 600w hps in undercurrent DWC.
green_label_power_widow.jpg

My current grow is G13+Haze from Seni Seeds. Under 2 x 600w and 1 x 400w. In Aeroflo60 setup.

My EC is currently 2.50 to 2.70 ms with my current feed, and I am 2 days from starting week 5 of 12/12h lights. Should I turn down the food a little? Here is my feeding chart and a few pics of my current grow. How do I add "less" nitrogen with my current feed?

Full diary here.

foodweek4.jpg

P1010479.JPG

P1010477.JPG

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Ph probs?
Watchout with that sensizyme. Ime recirc.that stuff causes excess nitrogen and ph shooting up

M

mrdizzle

your EC is high, but I dont think it had anything to do with nute IMP, thats just a crap pheno, a hermie weirdo mutant. probably nothing you can do but get different genetics , and drop that EC

N

noone88

If you popped this from seed, then the main problem is going to be genetics. Anyone that's grown a lot from seeds knows the results can vary, from A+ genetics to crazy foxtailing hermie hemp flowers.

In an ideal world, if you're growing for the first time, try to get clones from a reliable source.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

U should grow indica strains they will give u the dence buds ur looking 4.. If I were u I would cut the grow juice of of the mix..Also cut Back on the calmag.. Ur "N" is coming from the calmag & grow bottles..

qupee

qupee

I'd be putting that Power Widow from Green Lable on the shelf. looks like bad genetics in addition to some other problems. Maybe keep a clone around, but I wouldn't flower it again any time soon. Your other issues, like overfeeding, can be corrected but the genetics are what they are.

W

weedgirl

Thank you guys. I will take that advice to heart, and never grow that strain again :D

I hope I will stick with the strain I am growing now, if it turns out as good as I hope it will.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

What was your ph when this happened?

Did you let it drift and not do the ph for a day or 2?

W

weedgirl

This is an old grow, so I dont remember the PH. but I keep it pretty steady around 5.5 to 6.0.

I have ditched the strain as well, and am growing a new Indica strain now (g13 + haze), but it looks a bit like my old grow, so I am really doing everything i can to avoid a repeat of this failure.

This is my curren grow:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

This is an old grow, so I dont remember the PH. but I keep it pretty steady around 5.5 to 6.0.

I have ditched the strain as well, and am growing a new Indica strain now (g13 + haze), but it looks a bit like my old grow, so I am really doing everything i can to avoid a repeat of this failure.

This is my curren grow:

G13 Haze is not an indica...maybe a hybrid but remember haze is a SATIVA

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The strain on that one was "Power Widow" from Green Lable. It was under 3 x 600w hps in undercurrent DWC.
green_label_power_widow.jpg

My current grow is G13+Haze from Seni Seeds. Under 2 x 600w and 1 x 400w. In Aeroflo60 setup.

My EC is currently 2.50 to 2.70 ms with my current feed, and I am 2 days from starting week 5 of 12/12h lights. Should I turn down the food a little? Here is my feeding chart and a few pics of my current grow. How do I add "less" nitrogen with my current feed?

Full diary here.

foodweek4.jpg

P1010479.JPG

P1010477.JPG

If you wanna add "less" nitrogen then give it something that has "less" nitrogen in it

BlueBlood

BlueBlood

Ima chime in here just to encourage you to not give up on Sativas. They're the best smoke. Plain and simple.

I think you probably did feed too much N, you want to be dialing down the N as much as possible. Its okay to let the fan leaves drop. N is a mobile nutrient, so it can go where its needed. After growing a strain a few times, you should be able to finish with only a few fan leaves left.

This will make your yield bigger and your buds somewhat denser. It will also help with stretch, giving you shorter plants and therefore, make your yield bigger and buds somewhat denser. I say 'somewhat' because I'm worried that you're looking for the kind of nugs that you get with shitty mersh. That's just not going to happen with any decent Sativa genetics, and its okay.

Wait, there's more.

I noticed you have spider mites on your current grow. This suggests a high temperature and low RH. A high VPD will have a lot more to do with wispy buds than any of the above factors, although those will absolutely contribute.

So, take home thoughts:
do work on lowering your N, or at least moving it to earlier in the schedule
get your atmosphere under control
and also, death to spider mites!

Top Bottom