How can I avoid the same mistake again? (think Nitrogen deficiency)

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ima chime in here just to encourage you to not give up on Sativas. They're the best smoke. Plain and simple.

I think you probably did feed too much N, you want to be dialing down the N as much as possible. Its okay to let the fan leaves drop. N is a mobile nutrient, so it can go where its needed. After growing a strain a few times, you should be able to finish with only a few fan leaves left.

This will make your yield bigger and your buds somewhat denser. It will also help with stretch, giving you shorter plants and therefore, make your yield bigger and buds somewhat denser. I say 'somewhat' because I'm worried that you're looking for the kind of nugs that you get with shitty mersh. That's just not going to happen with any decent Sativa genetics, and its okay.

Wait, there's more.

I noticed you have spider mites on your current grow. This suggests a high temperature and low RH. A high VPD will have a lot more to do with wispy buds than any of the above factors, although those will absolutely contribute.

So, take home thoughts:
do work on lowering your N, or at least moving it to earlier in the schedule
get your atmosphere under control
and also, death to spider mites!

wuts up blueblood, just about everything you said is great info and very true, but you really didn't answer her questions. If you wanna give your plant less N then find a nute that has less N in it...or give it the same nutes but lower the dosage. Sativas are my favorite smoke but not the best to grow IMO. When you grow sativas you should do something like LST to keep it short and give her an even canopy that will give you a greater yield compared to growing a 6' tall plant where artificial light will not cover the bottom half of the plant and wont produce much bud. anyways all of ya'll good luck on ur future grow ops.

ttystikk

ttystikk

1. Humidity needs to be in the 50-55% range.
  2. No one here has mentioned your growing method, but if it's aeroponics then I can tell you EC 2.0 is way too high, aeroponics like to run lower.
  3. Light pollution is when the plants get light when they should be in total darkness. It can come from under the door, or even indicators on equipment. Green light is fine, but any other color is suspect.
  4. Definitely read up on SCRoG, or screen of green techniques- this will help you control your light to plant distance better.
  5. Control your temps. They should be around 80F, or 27C in the daytime, and drop by 7C or less at night to best control humidity.
  6. How are you getting adequate CO2 to your plants? Without enough, they won't develop properly and will result in low yield and weak potency. Just don't add any in the last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering cycle.
Hope this helps! I saw your last run and I feel your pain- every failure you learn from is one step closer to success!

G

grower420

@ttystikk, You wrote "How are you getting adequate CO2 to your plants? Without enough, they won't develop properly and will result in low yield and weak potency. Just don't add any in the last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering cycle."

Why do you recommend no CO2 in the last 2-3 weeks of flowering? Is this the same recommendation in a sealed room? What if you are running multiple age flowering plants in the same flower room?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

1. Humidity needs to be in the 50-55% range.
  2. No one here has mentioned your growing method, but if it's aeroponics then I can tell you EC 2.0 is way too high, aeroponics like to run lower.
  3. Light pollution is when the plants get light when they should be in total darkness. It can come from under the door, or even indicators on equipment. Green light is fine, but any other color is suspect.
  4. Definitely read up on SCRoG, or screen of green techniques- this will help you control your light to plant distance better.
  5. Control your temps. They should be around 80F, or 27C in the daytime, and drop by 7C or less at night to best control humidity.
  6. How are you getting adequate CO2 to your plants? Without enough, they won't develop properly and will result in low yield and weak potency. Just don't add any in the last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering cycle.
Hope this helps! I saw your last run and I feel your pain- every failure you learn from is one step closer to success!

actually I think she mentioned her grow medium in the 8th reply on the 1st page. IMO light has alot to do with airy buds and I dont think anybody mentioned the distance of light from the canopy as well as the height of the plants...also if your temps are too high it stunts growth alot. It happened to me the first couple weeks of a crop it was around 85-92F daytime as soon as I lowered the temps 76-80F it tripled in size within 2 weeks.

Top Bottom