How can I slightly lower the temperature in my tent ?

• Thread starter Keod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Keod

Keod

Hey guys first time grower here.
So I am at the end of week 2 of flowering. Buds are starting to appear and its exciting !

I have a problem with temperatures in my tent when the lights are on.

The thing is I have 2 LED lights: A Marshydro TS3000 (450W from the wall)& Marshydro ECO600 a blurple(220W from the wall)
I run my lights at night. From 22:00 to 10:00 to reduce heat.

Only using the Marshydro TS3000 temperatures do not exceed 26°C/78°F ! So perfect right ?!?

But I want to make use of my 2nd light and add another 220W power for my grow.

But with the Marshydro TS3000 + MarsHydro ECO600 temperatures vary between 26/28°C (78/82°F) to 30°C(86°F) !

So I am slightly to hot for ideal conditions...

Yesterday I tried adding ducting from the window to my tent hoping that the negative pressure created by my exhaust fan would suck up in the fresh cool air from outside . At the moment temps at night outside are in-between 3 to 8°C (37 to 46°F). And so far I feel it kinda works, I can feel a little fresh air coming in from that ducting.

So what do you guys think :
-Is the added 220W worth the trouble ?
-What other methods could I implement?
-Would setting the timer for the extra light for only during the coldest period of the night be a good idea ?

Sorry fir the very long post, I tried to be as clear as possible.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
its complicated to explain, but for a temp fix, try making a quasi swamp cooler

get a swamp cooler filter, and a pan to set it in, then an aquarium pump, fill the pan, use the pump to water the filter then blow a fan through it. you will have to fill the pan like you fill your humidifier, and you can cut the filter down to a manageable size and use a small fan, it will take it down about 3-5 degrees

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hey guys first time grower here.
So I am at the end of week 2 of flowering. Buds are starting to appear and its exciting !

I have a problem with temperatures in my tent when the lights are on.

The thing is I have 2 LED lights: A Marshydro TS3000 (450W from the wall)& Marshydro ECO600 a blurple(220W from the wall)
I run my lights at night. From 22:00 to 10:00 to reduce heat.

Only using the Marshydro TS3000 temperatures do not exceed 26°C/78°F ! So perfect right ?!?

But I want to make use of my 2nd light and add another 220W power for my grow.

But with the Marshydro TS3000 + MarsHydro ECO600 temperatures vary between 26/28°C (78/82°F) to 30°C(86°F) !

So I am slightly to hot for ideal conditions...

Yesterday I tried adding ducting from the window to my tent hoping that the negative pressure created by my exhaust fan would suck up in the fresh cool air from outside . At the moment temps at night outside are in-between 3 to 8°C (37 to 46°F). And so far I feel it kinda works, I can feel a little fresh air coming in from that ducting.

-Would setting the timer for the extra light for only during the coldest period of the night be a good idea ?

The ducting sounds like a good idea. You can add a more powerful exhaust fan.

While 30 C might be slightly higher than ideal, it's not that much higher than ideal. Your plants won't suffer photorespiration or anything.

Keod

Keod

The ducting sounds like a good idea. You can add a more powerful exhaust fan.

While 30 C might be slightly higher than ideal, it's not that much higher than ideal. Your plants won't suffer photorespiration or anything.
The question is guess , Are the extra 220w gonna do more good than bad ?

Keod

Keod

The tent was 30° this morning a bit before 10:00... It is probably less hot at night around 4 or 6 in the morning I will have to stay up late to check that out ...

What about sticking 4or5 bottles of frozen water for when the lights are on ? Take em out for the lights off schedule and bang em back in when the lights are one each day ?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Your TS3000 is designed so you can move the driver/ballast outside the tent to help with lowering temperature.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you can get a Humidity/Temperature guage that you can link with your phone and monitor it remotely. it also keeps a log of the temps for the duration. so you can look back and see trends and note the times that it is the biggest issue.

i got the Govee Indoor Hygrometer Thermometer 2 Pack, Humidity Temperature Gauge with Large LCD Display, Notification Alert with Max Min Records, 2 Years Data Storage Export for Room Greenhouse, Black. it was about $20 for 2 of them, and it is great.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The question is guess , Are the extra 220w gonna do more good than bad ?
Maybe I missed it but what size tent is it, I have 450watt from 3 TS1000 in my 2/4/6ft and it is plenty, did my first grow with 2 x TS1000 300w (and got over 1/2 kg of cured buds) but added the extra light at week 5 for this grow.
Your TS3000 is even newer and better than the TS1000 lights I have so depending on tent size you might be just fine with only that.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If your plants aren't getting any light burn, I would favor adding more light and accepting 30 C.

Keod

Keod

Maybe I missed it but what size tent is it, I have 450watt from 3 TS1000 in my 2/4/6ft and it is plenty, did my first grow with 2 x TS1000 300w (and got over 1/2 kg of cured buds) but added the extra light at week 5 for this grow.
Your TS3000 is even newer and better than the TS1000 lights I have so depending on tent size you might be just fine with only that.
4x4x7 . Maybe I need stronger exhaust? I have a 6inch exhaust that goes up to 800m3/H (or 470 CFM ) that i run on half the speed for noise issues. But apparently the speed I have it running should be sufficient for my space

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If you are at home every day anyway you could just use a cooler block or two, the ones for cooler boxes that you stick in the freezer

Keod

Keod

If you are at home every day anyway you could just use a cooler block or two, the ones for cooler boxes that you stick in the freezer
I thought of that! Since they will be on the floor next to the pots . Is there a chance they can hurt the roots ?

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Should be fine sucking in cold air from outside. That's what I do. 4×4×7 tent with intake outside cool air exhaust into room. Keeps my temp 68°-74° farenhiet. Works the same for my 4×8

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

For $25 bucks you get a temperature control which can be plugged into a timer. When the tent is cool enough and the time is right the second light comes on, other wise it stays off.
https://www.amazon.com/Programmable...ywords=temperature+plug&qid=1616690132&sr=8-8

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

So your running with the ts3000 450 watts. And you need 560 ways to properly light your space. So 100 watt difference should be ok. I would stick with the one since adding another will likely raise temps even more.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Whats the temperature outside the tent? Move more air. take hot air out of tent. 86 is a tad bit high you can run 82 with LED nicely. 84 is pushing it.

Keod

Keod

Whats the temperature outside the tent? Move more air. take hot air out of tent. 86 is a tad bit high you can run 82 with LED nicely. 84 is pushing it.

It varies during the day its comming up to 20 on hot days.1
For that reason i run my lights during the night .
At night outside it has been between -2 up to 10°Cn inside my appartement all the heating is out and the temperature must be around 15°C on average.
I have an extra exhaust fan that I will use to suck in cold air from outside . But what are the risks of not having enough negative pressure in the tent ?
The temp controlled timer is a good idea also just like for my mist maker.
I will try and test out d
Multiple techniques over the next few days and keep you guys updated.
I might be greedy but I really want to see how much 220W can add to final yields. I would like to break a pound or even better 20oz ^^

Top Bottom