How Do Go From 18/6 to 12/12. . .All At Once Or Other Way?

• Thread starter GooberfrupstateNY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

I now have five grows behind me, all Auflowers. I'm gonna be doing my first photoperiod grow this season and I've already started my seeds. My only question (thus far, lol) is when it comes time to switch the light cycle to induce flowering, how do you go about it? Do you just one day switch the timer to 12/12 or do you progressively introduce it, like say, 15/9, before going to the full 12 hours of darkness? Or is there some other method I'm missing?

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I just flip the day I want to consider day 1 as flowering. There is im sure some bro science somewhere suggesting something else

MobyBear

MobyBear

Are you using any bloom fertilizer once it starts flowering or just before?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dont know, i dont use any.

this is an older thread, but i saw @Edinburgh around recently, they might be able to help out. also @GNick55 or @growsince79 might help and they are always around somewhere.

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

i dont know, i dont use any.

this is an older thread, but i saw @Edinburgh around recently, they might be able to help out. also @GNick55 or @growsince79 might help and they are always around somewhere.
Yes, I'm using Tiger Bloom. Funny enough, I have another question: I did the "flip" on 7/31 - so it's been 9 days - when do my plants start flowering? Because like I said, I've done a number of autos and you see the progression, but being that these are "photos" and I'm just wondering because these don't look like they're flowering at all. And where I'm at, I'm kinda on the clock, though it is an in-the-shed type grow, it gets a little chilly here by mid-September and it's now almost the 10th of August and not only that, but after flipping, they're still growing! They're at my lights - which I've slid over in the tent so they don't get light-burn - so I'm am also wondering when're they gonna stop growing? BTW, thanks for responding you guys, because I've not often had good results with people responding here, it's like your post gets buried very quickly after posting.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yes, I'm using Tiger Bloom. Funny enough, I have another question: I did the "flip" on 7/31 - so it's been 9 days - when do my plants start flowering? Because like I said, I've done a number of autos and you see the progression, but being that these are "photos" and I'm just wondering because these don't look like they're flowering at all. And where I'm at, I'm kinda on the clock, though it is an in-the-shed type grow, it gets a little chilly here by mid-September and it's now almost the 10th of August and not only that, but after flipping, they're still growing! They're at my lights - which I've slid over in the tent so they don't get light-burn - so I'm am also wondering when're they gonna stop growing? BTW, thanks for responding you guys, because I've not often had good results with people responding here, it's like your post gets buried very quickly after posting.
When growing photos they will stretch (grow fast and tall) for the first 30 days. Then they slow down on the stretching and transition into flowering more. When I flip my lights to 12/12, thats when I start counting the days on flowering. Normally 60-70 days to finish flowering on most strains available. What seed strain did you plant?

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

When growing photos they will stretch (grow fast and tall) for the first 30 days. Then they slow down on the stretching and transition into flowering more. When I flip my lights to 12/12, thats when I start counting the days on flowering. Normally 60-70 days to finish flowering on most strains available. What seed strain did you plant?
A variety of Haze, and according to the specs, it's supposed to be a Medium height, but a real producer. So, are you saying I have approximately another 20 days of growing before they slow completely and go into flowering? My plants are going on 4 months from germination in a few days. Boy, if that's the case, it's gonna be close going into October; and if that's the case, I hope and pray the frost holds off here in upstate NY. Also, I have another critical question: I was hoping the plants would start slowing up, but if what you say's true and the fact I've noticed after "flipping" that they're having another spurt, what should I do since they're only inches from the top of the tent? Thanks again.

MobyBear

MobyBear

A variety of Haze, and according to the specs, it's supposed to be a Medium height, but a real producer. So, are you saying I have approximately another 20 days of growing before they slow completely and go into flowering? My plants are going on 4 months from germination in a few days. Boy, if that's the case, it's gonna be close going into October; and if that's the case, I hope and pray the frost holds off here in upstate NY. Also, I have another critical question: I was hoping the plants would start slowing up, but if what you say's true and the fact I've noticed after "flipping" that they're having another spurt, what should I do since they're only inches from the top of the tent? Thanks again.
Curious about this also

Latest posts

Top Bottom