How do I divert exhaust from outside to inside at night ?

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dynamite

Dynamite

I run a fresh air room , no co2 .. it's very cold where I live at night

I need the exhaust flow to stop going outside at night and be recycled into the room to keep the heat in

what are my options ?

Thanks , DynO

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

change your light schedule to be on during the day. During the night, when your lights are off, kill all exhaust fans or just put your exhaust on a timer, letting it rid the stale air once every hour or so.

Dynamite

Dynamite

change your light schedule to be on during the day. During the night, when your lights are off, kill all exhaust fans or just put your exhaust on a timer, letting it rid the stale air once every hour or so.

no can do , the smell that comes from the grow room deep into bloom is far to pungent - the filter needs to be scrubbing 24/7

I see many different "dampeners" such as this one http://www.hydroponics.net/i/135342

but basically I'm thinking i'll need 2 of them on a "Y" fitting to truly divert 100% of the air .. the advantage to running the lights at night is the free cold air vs running my AC , but I'm framing in a second bloom room which is going to on a flip , so that just adds to my complications ..

maybe 2 exhaust fans and filters , on a timer , one that keeps air in the room at night and one that blows outside during lights on ? sounds damn expensive for 2 bloom rooms

either 2 elec damper's on a Y , or a Y that comes equipped with 2 dampers << I can't find one so far searching google though

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Add a space heater to come on when the fans do at night time to offset the cold air being pulled in and get a dehuey?

lollipopman

lollipopman

I would just use the y's and dampeners, that's what I did just didn't use the electrical ones, just make sure you got some kind of hepa filter on your intake or exhaust in the room for bugs..

G

gooey

CAP makes day/night temp control. Not sure if i understand your problem correct but this device will shut of/turn on whatever device you plug into it based on temp. You can set the day/night temps, and heat or cool. Would not shut off your fan at a certain time i don't think but would maintain your temp. Good luck on the build amigo, stay up.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

im in same situation myself...i miss sealed rooms..but not really. ha

Running my exhaust fan at 50%. Im thinking i might turn exhaust back up and split my exhaust with a y. Have one go outside aand plumb the other to the intake so theres at least a little warm coming in with the cold.

or maybe exhaust my lights into my bathroom/lung room where my intakes draw from..then it would be like running open hoods but without all the radiant heat from open hoods and w/out the too-cold intake air..

ttystikk

ttystikk

One can vent the hot air from hoods into their home, or consider my method; I pulled the chiller inside for the winter, it sits on a low table in the back bedroom. Air to ventilate my grow enters the house from the window in the same room, keeping the chiller cool. This air flows down the hallway, through the rest of the house and then downstairs to vent my veg and to exit through sealed hoods and exhausted outside.

Using my chiller as my home heating plant allowed me to essentially replace my furnace. I ran it for only 30 minutes last winter, on the last day of a five day cold snap that saw overnight temps below zero F and daytime 'highs' not above 20F. It's the same heat, it's just put in the water and carried out of the grow room, then pumped out of the water and into the air by the chiller itself.

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

maybe 2 exhaust fans and filters , on a timer , one that keeps air in the room at night and one that blows outside during lights on ? sounds damn expensive for 2 bloom rooms

i think i misunderstood ur question when i posted..:facepalm:

yeah the 2 fan option is probably the best way to go albeit $$..

or if you can dial back your main fan a bunch and run a 1000w space heater or 2 at night (lights off) should still keep negative pressure in bloom room and your exhaust filtered..

Ever after

Ever after

they have cool things called duct flanges that are electric and can stop air from moving and if you make a splitter you can easily do this just need a timer and maybe some electrical skills because the flange that closes by electricity is kinda wires bare no fuse or kind of plug connected sadly but i think thats because its goot to connect them to make several as you could net work the off switch to not just close one duct flow but open the other one as some duct flanges close when turned on AND some open so problem solved ! and its a great way to heat a house during the winter

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Capulatorost: 1131693 said:
Add a space heater to come on when the fans do at night time to offset the cold air being pulled in and get a dehuey?
I do this and it works well. I keep my heater on a timer and it's in my tent, I just covered the lights with tape.

Top Bottom