How Do I Get My Indoor Looking like my outdoor?!??!?

• Thread starter MasterBarber931
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MasterBarber931

Sorry guys...dazed confuzed and frustrated on trying to figure out how to get my buds to fatten up indoors like I get outdoors.Im runnin a 600 watt quantumn w/hortilux super HPS bulb, 6 Inch Sun Systems MagnumXXL Reflector., 500 cfm Vortec Exhaust fan and In-Line Duct booster active air intake in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent. Indoors, Im currently runnin Dinafem Powerkush,Skunk#1,Cali Hash Plant,and Dutch Passion the Ultimate. I also did a small balcony run with clones from the powerkush and 1 from the ultimate. Now, my outdoor powerkush in super dense and the calyxes are visibly swollen and tear drop shapped with stupid stickiness and aroma.On the other hand my indoor powerkush is now finishing up with only a week to go and the calyxes are visibly swollen but not as full, dese,sticky or stinky like the out door. I read in Jorge Cervantes Grow bible that if left exposed and not in an air cooled reflector, that MH provides extra color spectrum but more importantly provides you with ultraviolet rays which in return increase potency.AGAIN, you have to use a bat-wing style reflector because the glass on air cooled reflectors filter out all ultraviolet rays.Now, is the indoor lacking due to not having exposed MH, or is it due to maybe lack of co2.Temperature is not an issue. Temperature (75-80) at most humidity(50-60%). I usually keep the windows open in order to keep outside air constantly circulating in the room. I hope someone can help me but if not I figure Ill just start supplementing co2 and go get a 400 watt dimmable MH and run it at 50% power... Thanx and happy growing brothers and sisters

M

MasterBarber931

Too Close for the 600....no more than 8 inches unfortunately. I let this go a little too long and now cant raise the light anymore.....Do you think that could be the problem....Heat stress?

M

MasterBarber931

if I do start supplementing co2, what would be acceptable levels through early, mid and late flowering?

M

MasterBarber931

tops are closer than optimal but temperature doesnt seem to be an issue

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

What about the effectiveness of your reflective indoor material and how big is the space (how far apart are your plants)? just some thoughts

I use some reflective ass shit in a small space with a 400watt light and my nugs are rock hard and dripping with resin, the calyx stacking is incredible too.

M

MasterBarber931

they're in a Growlab 120. the reflective material on the inside of the grow tent is textured unlike smooth mylar and minimizes hot spots.Reflection wise, and light intensity wise im pretty sure that isnt the problem but im mainly curious what kind of difference a metal halide will make or supplementive co2...

C

claudacio

Veg time brotha.....that is the only way to get those giant hawking buds. You only get so much out of the individual bud sits, you need to let the bud sites build up in clusters and then you'll see the kind of results your looking for.

I sat in my 4x8 tent last night looking at my plants trying to figure out why my yields suck (I know why they suck) and how to get up to that elbow per light #'s. I started thinking maybe I need to upgrade to larger pots, more nutes, C02....none of those would do more than a good 2 months of veg and training would do before flipping them.

M

MasterBarber931

I was trying to uplaod photos from my iphone but im having nuttin but problems... Light reflectivity is very high. This grow tent is powered by a 600 watt Quantum and even the buds on the bottom way below the canopy are growing to the walls instead of lamp cuz obviously the walls are closer and still maintain high reflevtivity.It kinda shocked me to see the mottom of the tent still super bright. My goal is too hopefuly pull 2 pounds but im thinking around 1 1/2 is little more reasonable... I harvested 2 of the four plants today which were lil scraglers but still some nice tops....The buds look great when wet, im talkin HUGE ASS calyxes..But when it dries they damn near dissappear,but the outdoor dries and still the calyxes are much more dense and solid........ I know lighting isnt a problem....I wish I could upload these pix so I show you what im talking about...Any tips on how to upload pictures from an ipphone lol? Im pretty sure i have to size the photos down a bit but lack the knowledge on how to do so....pittiful, i know

M

MasterBarber931

But ya almost forgot, i di veg the plants 6 weeks with lst as well as hst techniques. and right b4 flowering the plants were staked up.

C

claudacio

You'll have to upload them to your computer from your iphone and then upload them here, or atleast that would be the easy way.

Plug the iphone into the computer, close Itunes when it opens, a folder with "your Iphone" as the icon in the folder, click through the sub folders and get your pics, drag them onto your desktop or create a new folder and put them in there. From there you can up load them to THCfarmer..

I think posting pics will help everyone help you out as well, if you cant get them uploaded post back.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Sun

vs.

600w.

let your plants get bigger and remove all the lower budsites that arent getting enough light. The sun vs. a 600 is really not a comparison when it comes to lumens.

Are your bud tips getting light bleached? 8" seems awfully close.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

IF YOU GET 2#'s off one 600 you will no longer need this forum.

W

wanderingwobble

Lol too true! 2 lbs of a 600watter is askin alot. 1 is alot more realistic. metal halide for the first couple weeks of flower will reduce stretching a bit. And during the last couple weeks for resin production. I like to switch back and forth but it can be a real hassle. Id say lower your temps or get some co2, otherwise your nuggs probably wont get any denser

M

MasterBarber931

I have done that so far but when i click upload picture it keeps sayin upload failed even when i open the photos with paint shop and downsize the photo from 100% to 25%..it keeps sayin upload failed everytime like clockwork. This is only my second grow and the first grow i did in this tent with the same exact equipment was 1 15 gallon pot of Skunk #1 and yielded dry 15 ounces...this time I had multiple plants, all in 10 gallon pots or 15....This tent is stupid crowded with huge buds all tied up lol...its a BEAUTY.... 2 pounds is somethin to HOPE for but best believe I got 1 1/2 dried all day..over 1 gram per watt. Just for the record I bought and read a lot of books from credible world renound growers before I even attempted. Now I have a pretty good understanding, LOTS of room for growth and improvement, but Im headed in the right direction..... O and ya the plants are a little too close cuz just the top of the tops are a lil bleached but you can leave your hand under the glass damn near touching the thing all damn day long...I cant raise the light up anymore as it is tied to the ceiling lol but I vegged the plants too long and could have maintained more of an even canopy....dont worry Im goin to figure out how to post these pics...

M

MasterBarber931

absolutely oscillating fan is a must. I have got great air exchange as well as circulation

M

MasterBarber931

Again I just tried to upload and nothing happened.This time i actually createda an album and uploaded the photo to my profile and everything went through and said successful but still no photo to be found..wtf??

Top Bottom