How Do I Keep A Flowering Seed Plants Genetics?? Please Help

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Hey everyone, I have a really nice outdoor grow with a large variety of strains... I have two different seed strains that i got from my friends.. One is a Sour crossed with an OG, most of the phenotypes are decent and pretty chunky.. But one of the phenotypes is unbelievable, the buds are as big as my leg and completely rock hard with no mold... Its probably only got about 2 weeks left until its ready and I really want to keep this specific phenotype... How can I save this strain??? I have a nice mother room and if was thinking if I could get a small inside branch I might be able to get it to root.. Then try to veg it forever maybe and then mom it..

Icristal

Icristal

Leave a bunch of small stems on the bottom of the plant at harvest with some leaves and small bud sites. Then reveg the plant. It has and can be done.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

ummm... So after its completely harvested except a couple little stems... I should maybe build a little cover over it and throw up a florescent and put it to 18 hours of light and try to get it to go back into veg???

Icristal

Icristal

yes,,just leave enough small stems and buds so it can reveg. Just a note,,when i did mine,,the plant got very ugly looking as it was transitioning back to a vegged plant. but ended up with a mother plant from it and several clones. Once I got what I wanted I let the plant go. good luck

Icristal

Icristal

This is what she looked like a couple of weeks after she started of revegging.
20141004 221627

Limonene

Limonene

Yeah I've had to reveg a handful of times, it has worked each time, no problem. I found that if you put it into 24 hour veg light immediately after cropping it starts revegging much quicker than 18/6. Did a great mountain temple that way and am now flowering her for a second time and she is a beast. basically leave as much lower stems as you can, maybe 15% of the plant, the more sites you leave the more chance you have of a successful reveg. Good luck brother!

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

it gets pretty cold here in the winter- probably take until december before its actually re vegged and able to take cutting off of so I can make a mom out of it.... Do you think a heater would help the plant??

4214evr

if you want too save that pheno i would try cloning and reveg and tissue culture and whatevr u can..
cuz

U SHUDA TOOK CLONES opps i said it Sorry i apologize
tooo soon i kno trust me I KNOW
but next year if it turns out like what ir thinkin it is I wanna b rockin Mendosg's Odeez
much luck in your endeavor
jah bless

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Glad you started this thread. I lost all my clones from my outdoor plants due to broad mites. Maybe I can save them after harvest with the methods described in this thread.

I still say tissue culture is a great way. However it's an entire setup that takes time and money.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I've had much better luck re vegging plants when i take a few clones from the flowering plant, root them then baby them. you get a flowered clone in a dwc setup you'll have fresh clones in a week with normal growth

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Leave lots of larf toward the bottom of plant,take a few clones as well.get that girl on some superthrive and veg nutes immediately after harvest.the sooner you do this,the less time your girl has to think about kicking the bucket on you.I've revegged a ton of plants and I've noticed the longer you wait to reveg a harvested plant,the lower your success rate is and the longer it takes.Good luck

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Sounds good... The strain that I want to kick back into vegging is getting close to being ready,, it's gonna be hard to put light on her to kick her into veg mode without the plants around her getting some of the light as well.. I don't want to mess up my nice plants that are later strains... maybe harvest her way down to the bottom and wrap the cage really high with black plastic so the light can't shine through the sides of the plastic-- I would leave the top open some a lot of natural light could still get down to the plant..

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Take a couple cuts asap if you have any material that won't compromise anything,that will give you a good jump and some time to think about it.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
It's never too late to take a clone, as long as it has some healthy leaves. Remove the pistils. Place under 24 hr light. Low intensity light makes it a lot easier. For example, take a cutting, put it in a small soil or coco pot/cup, and place a dome over it (I use half a plastic bottle). It takes a week or two longer than normal for the cutting to start growing new leaves. The last plant I revegged was a cutting from which I harvested mature seeds already.

Top Bottom