How do you black out windows?

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Go to the school supplies aisle and buy three pieces of $.99 Posterboard two white and one black. Make a sandwich out of them white black white cut to size and put it in your window. Easy cheap low profile and effective

N

Nog

Blacked out windows, or blinds or curtains that are always closed, is one thing LE tells the upstanding citizens to look out for in spotting a grow house.

The last thing you want to do is cover the actual glass with plastic or whatever. At least get a blind or curtains to make it look normal from the outside.

A snitch plus obviously blacked out windows may be all LE need to get a search warrant.

Also don't leave pots or other grow related equipment outside where people can see it. Keep everything out of sight.

Juicin

Juicin

Way I prefer is black felt from a craft store

Easy to cut to size, just nail it up there

Only problem is it collects dust over time. I suppose curtains and blind do as well. But with black felt it's very noticeable

N

Nog

I have got landlords inspection tomorrow, got to take my window coverings down.

Plants are already stashed away, and lamb roast bought to put in the oven to cover any smell.

Landlords inspections are a pest, but oh well, the grow room needs a bit of redesigning anyway, and once they have been they wont come back for a while, so I can flower in peace.

A trick I do is take the bulb out of the light socket in the grow room, so it's a bit darker, and that way they can't see signs that there have been some modifications in the past.

Juicin

Juicin

I have got landlords inspection tomorrow, got to take my window coverings down.

Plants are already stashed away, and lamb roast bought to put in the oven to cover any smell.

Landlords inspections are a pest, but oh well, the grow room needs a bit of redesigning anyway, and once they have been they wont come back for a while, so I can flower in peace.

A trick I do is take the bulb out of the light socket in the grow room, so it's a bit darker, and that way they can't see signs that there have been some modifications in the past.

That's a great idea

I'd use a dead bulb if you have one laying around though so it doesn't look weird

N

Nog

Went out for a bit, and when I walked in the door straight away I could smell weed quite strong; they are in veg but are putting out more smell than I realised, as the grow room is well vented, so you don't really notice the smell in there, as it's being vented out as quick as the plants can give off the smell, but where I had to hide them is not vented.

If they were in flower I would have put them in trash bags to cover the smell, but because they are in veg I thought they would be all right.

Going to have to burn lots of incense tomorrow to cover the smell.
It's actually one of the landlords employees who's coming to inspect the place, not the landlord.
The landlord would call the cops straight away but I'm hoping his employee is cool and smokes too.
Maybe I should leave a bowl out on the coffee table, and if he says the buds look nice then give him a few buds, sort of bribe him off.

Juicin

Juicin

Went out for a bit, and when I walked in the door straight away I could smell weed quite strong; they are in veg but are putting out more smell than I realised, as the grow room is well vented, so you don't really notice the smell in there, as it's being vented out as quick as the plants can give off the smell, but where I had to hide them is not vented.

If they were in flower I would have put them in trash bags to cover the smell, but because they are in veg I thought they would be all right.

Going to have to burn lots of incense tomorrow to cover the smell.
It's actually one of the landlords employees who's coming to inspect the place, not the landlord.
The landlord would call the cops straight away but I'm hoping his employee is cool and smokes too.
Maybe I should leave a bowl out on the coffee table, and if he says the buds look nice then give him a few buds, sort of bribe him off.

If things go south

Always try to talk to them

I was in a situation similar to this once that turned bad, reminded my landlord if the cops generally aren't too good with peoples property. Would be a shame if they got the idea I hid something in the walls....I wouldn't go as far as to threaten your landlord but make it clear calling the police is probably not a profitable option, too much risk. Or if it's an employee tell him to call his boss if you think he got you and make your point to him.

Bribes are a good idea, although a savy landlord or even maybe an employee may see that as you trying to get them involved in a conspiracy and will really piss them off.

If you think you have no chance of passing this inspection and are thinking about starting off that way, might be best to just chop. The likelihood of him both being cool and not ending up being a source of trouble seems low to me.

If you're medical or something and there are only eviction/civil penalties at stake. I'd be a lot more ballsy. All you're really risking is eviction and the employee knows rippers (seems like a good job to know some rippers tho, synergy there)

N

Nog

I think I have everything squared away, was up till 2 am covering up the signs of anything having gone on here.

Hope I haven't missed anything.

I have things strategically stacked in front of closets to prevent access to them.

N

Nog

Well he has been here and gone.

Didn't look at things too closely, but I saw him looking at the grow room wondows, as there was still black tape stuck to the frames where I had used tape to cover us light leaks, and there were nail hole in the window frame from when I nailed plastic sheets over it to keep out the light.

And I could tell he could smell the weed, even though I had a lamb roast in the oven to try and mask the smell.

But I talked to him and was friendly to him, I could tell he was really square, but as he was going he said he would not be back for 12 months, and I could tell he was telling me that I could go for it and grow without any problems for the next 12 months.

Because I could tell he could tell there was growing going on in the house.
I tried to keep talking to him and keep him distracted from thinking about it, but I could tell he knew.

But he seemed to go away happy enough, so I think I'm in the clear.

Would be better to hire a van or small truck in the future and put the plants in that and park it out on the street.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Goodonya!
Now all you need to do is put it out of your mind so you don't look "nervous".

I know an inspector for a rental company. She smells and sees traces of cultivation all the time and says naught.
Not just because she approves but because it's not her job.
It's a safety inspection.
They call it a "walk-through".
If there are no electrical code violations, missing smoke alarms, or blatant criminal activity. it will pass the safety inspection.
Sometimes they also do an inventory for furnished rentals. If nothing is missing, you are done.
Incense is not as good an idea as baking cookies.
No can bake? Heat a cup of water in a saucepan and add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to the warm water.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Just saw your "it's over" post.

I'd agree with your take on the 12 months comment.
:)

StandingRock

StandingRock

Blacked out windows, or blinds or curtains that are always closed, is one thing LE tells the upstanding citizens to look out for in spotting a grow house.

The last thing you want to do is cover the actual glass with plastic or whatever. At least get a blind or curtains to make it look normal from the outside.

A snitch plus obviously blacked out windows may be all LE need to get a search warrant.

Also don't leave pots or other grow related equipment outside where people can see it. Keep everything out of sight.

Rubbish even before I grew I never opened my curtains. Fuck sunlight lol

indicabush

indicabush

Ha,ha,ha.....Unbelievable individuals are still concerned about Black-out windows. It doesn’t do any good with a portable FLIR compact imaging system and yes I own such a device. So if your landlord suspects foul play your done.

N

Nog

Ha,ha,ha.....Unbelievable individuals are still concerned about Black-out windows. It doesn’t do any good with a portable FLIR compact imaging system and yes I own such a device. So if your landlord suspects foul play your done.

What's the alternative to blacked out windows?
Have bright orange light shining out of the windows?

I think in that case you wouldn't even have to worry about LE as rippers would have stolen your plants way before LE raided you.

indicabush

indicabush

I think in that case you wouldn't even have to worry about LE as rippers would have stolen your plants way before LE raided you.

Hmmm...maybe a grow tent...large walk-in closet...room divider...bright orange light, maybe you should change your lighting needs....LE and rippers you aren't paranoid are you.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Ive read of too many busts based on smell and lights. You're not being paranoid at all. Keep it up and stay free

Latest posts

Top Bottom