How Do You Control Your Runoff???

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

Hello my fellow farmers, heres kinda a.... dumb question? i been have some flying bugs in my grow room trying to figure out what they are and why i have them, you know if you have like standing water outside that there tends to be alot of bugs around it because its stagnet water well i think that what my bugs are im not exactaly sure what they are they look like nats to me and it baffled me but as i was cleaning the tent today cause it was lookin a lil dirty so when i moved my 5 gal buckets i noted that there is standing water from my runoff, i have my buckets sitting on like the 20 gal tote lids see the first pic. The 2nd and 3rd pic is what i have in my tent its 6 5gal buckets what i am wondering is how does everyone control there runoff so your not getting puddles like i am. i been stressing my brain to figure out what i can do, i was thinking like get some 2X4's and set them on edge and putting the buckets on them like that but here again what do i put underneath the 2X4's to catch the water? what about like a plastic sheet that i can like mop up the water and like drain it in a bucket when full....??? i dunno what do you guys do for the runoff? maybe it will spark an idea for me thanks for your in my good ppl :D

How do you control your runoff
How do you control your runoff 2
How do you control your runoff 3
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you can't afford to get proper 'hydro' trays, then get concrete mixing trays or the kind you'd put under a washing machine or a refrigerator. OR you could create a tray using some sections of wood for supports and that corrugated plastic, and then direct that into another container. It's why I keep my indoor stuff raised, to help me direct run-off. I get inexpensive plastic shelving, set it so that it's about 2' off the ground and that lets me, via pre-fabbed holes in the hydro trays that I've drilled out, let the run-off drain into a bucket.

organicpanic

organicpanic

We used to fab tables to fit. 2x4s,plywood, linoleum,caulking. Sloped short tables with a shower drain into bucket assisted with a squeegee. Now my small grows 5 gal pots elevated on saucers with bricks and wet/dry vac for the runoff.

Coir

Coir

Another option is to use one of the siphon vacuums for cleaning the gravel in an aquarium. They hook up to a faucet with an adapter and work great.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They do, but they also go through quite a bit of water. A wet-dry vacuum might be a better solution, as Billyboat suggests.

I put my run-off in other areas, I've got trees and other landscaping that appreciates the occasional feed.

Top Bottom