How do you dry bubble hash?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Been delaying processing my bubble hash. I dont know how to dry it best! 🥴

I dont have an area that I can control the environment at the moment. Would placing in a refrigerator work?

How do you dry bubble hash

N

Natep

Best to freeze dry. I don’t have a freeze drier so I freeze the puck the grate it up on a piece of card board the thaw it and re freeze.

Reactions: Siz
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Been delaying processing my bubble hash. I dont know how to dry it best! 🥴

I dont have an area that I can control the environment at the moment. Would placing in a refrigerator work?

View attachment 2093122
I’ve always just let mine sit out overnight by the next day she ready to smoke? Well they smoke hashish straight off the plant? Dunno should you cure bubble hash good questions got a stoner pondering now @GNick55 is the man when it comes to all things hash maybe send him a pm?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
put chucks into freezer, than after a day or so use a grater to finely breakup onto parchment paper, that on cardboard.. best grated in freezer or somewhere cold or just grate a bit than back into the freezer till cold enough and continue till done.. once done take grated hash and put somewhere with 50-60 temp and humidity until dry..
put grater into freezer as well better to have 2 graters and switch,..

Siz

Siz

Best to freeze dry. I don’t have a freeze drier so I freeze the puck the grate it up on a piece of card board the thaw it and re freeze.
Wish I had a freeze dryer. Pricey but I heard its the best way for quality.

put chucks into freezer, than after a day or so use a grater to finely breakup onto parchment paper, that on cardboard.. best grated in freezer or somewhere cold or just grate a bit than back into the freezer till cold enough and continue till done.. once done take grated hash and put somewhere with 50-60 temp and humidity until dry..
put grater into freezer as well better to have 2 graters and switch,..

Sweet! Just checked my storage room and its just around that so I’m going to go for it and just let it air dry.

Ill post pics after. Hope it all works out well! 🤞

Thanks again!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wish I had a freeze dryer. Pricey but I heard its the best way for quality.

Sweet! Just checked my storage room and its just around that so I’m going to go for it and just let it air dry.

Ill post pics after. Hope it all works out well! 🤞

Thanks again!
you’ll risk mold if you don’t grate it first..
if not dried properly your hashish could mold also..

Siz

Siz

Damn. Sticky hash is so hard to work with! -__-

Its super sticky i think it has a lot of moisture in it still. Will it mold if i leave these patties to dry a bit before sieving?

Tried a more coarse sieve but started to get metal flakes coming off so i stopped.

So frustrating -__- i just wanna break the patties to smaller pieces daily then sieve when its a lot more dry? Its super sticky and greasy. When i try to sift it it starts to melt and stick

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
do it when the chunks are frozen solid, starts to stick than put back into freezer till cold enough,..
i don’t like strainers use a grater

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your suppose to put the patties into the freezer after the washing and usually after a little squeeze between the 25 micron folded over with a towel on the outside to soak up some moisture..
once frozen than start grating..
once grated it’ll take a week or more to be dry enough for pressing..

Glassdub

Glassdub

you’ll risk mold if you don’t grate it first..
if not dried properly your hashish could mold also..
I'm wondering if it molds as much made from dry ice, I closet dried 3 days before pressing & put in fidge in zip locks, not sure if I should freeze as I don't have a ton.

S

storz

Take 5 layers of paper towel. Place wet blob on paper towel stack. Fold over paper towel so material is in between. Press with heel of hand. A lot of water will get pushed out of blob and get wicked into upper and lower towel stack. Do this quickly or the paper towel will stick to hash. If done quickly(5 or 6,7 seconds) , you can peel off the paper towel cleanly leaving you a semi dry puck. If the flattened puck is still wet i will do it again with fresh stack of paper towels. Usually one press in towels is enough. 2nd attempt usually is too sticky. Take flattened puck of hash and put on parchment paper. Do not use wax paper. Put puck on patchment in a warm 80F area with good air flow of for 4 or more days until dried throughout puck. I put it under grow light for this. Dont rush this and dont play with puck for at least 2 days or it will just stick to your fingers. When it really starts to dry, it will not stick to you or the parchment. Once i think it completely dry, i vacuum seal and store in freezer. If ever you get in trouble, and you get a sticky mess, put hash in freezer for 20 min. It will cool down enough so you can touch it without sticking. Better to make pucks about 2 to 4 inches in diameter. If too big and thick, the pucks dont dry well in the center.
Just my 2 centavos. Hope it helps.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Take 5 layers of paper towel. Place wet blob on paper towel stack. Fold over paper towel so material is in between. Press with heel of hand. A lot of water will get pushed out of blob and get wicked into upper and lower towel stack. Do this quickly or the paper towel will stick to hash. If done quickly(5 or 6,7 seconds) , you can peel off the paper towel cleanly leaving you a semi dry puck. If the flattened puck is still wet i will do it again with fresh stack of paper towels. Usually one press in towels is enough. 2nd attempt usually is too sticky. Take flattened puck of hash and put on parchment paper. Do not use wax paper. Put puck on patchment in a warm 80F area with good air flow of for 4 or more days until dried throughout puck. I put it under grow light for this. Dont rush this and dont play with puck for at least 2 days or it will just stick to your fingers. When it really starts to dry, it will not stick to you or the parchment. Once i think it completely dry, i vacuum seal and store in freezer. If ever you get in trouble, and you get a sticky mess, put hash in freezer for 20 min. It will cool down enough so you can touch it without sticking. Better to make pucks about 2 to 4 inches in diameter. If too big and thick, the pucks dont dry well in the center.
80 degrees??..
no no no and paper towels? no no no!.
this is not good advice, along with most of what he said..

Siz

Siz

your suppose to put the patties into the freezer after the washing and usually after a little squeeze between the 25 micron folded over with a towel on the outside to soak up some moisture..
once frozen than start grating..
once grated it’ll take a week or more to be dry enough for pressing..

I think i didnt dry the patties enough or they are just too greasy.

Even when its frozen it will start to melt before crumbling.

I gotta try a more coarse grater i think my sieve is just melting it

-___-

Ughhh I wish I dry sifted.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your hash must be terrible..
let’s see your hash,
your plants, your grow area?
no reason to delete your comment,..
reason: too many, hahahaha

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I scoop from my bags onto a pressing screen. I like to have my pressing screen on a folded shamwow (a hash makers best friend). I'll fold the screen and shamwow and apply slight pressure. Take the screen off the towel and put on a piece of cardboard overnight.
After that, I put it (screen and hash) in a dry, unseasoned humidor with desiccant and throw that in the fridge for as long as I can stand.

Siz

Siz

I scoop from my bags onto a pressing screen. I like to have my pressing screen on a folded shamwow (a hash makers best friend). I'll fold the screen and shamwow and apply slight pressure. Take the screen off the towel and put on a piece of cardboard overnight.
After that, I put it (screen and hash) in a dry, unseasoned humidor with desiccant and throw that in the fridge for as long as I can stand.
Yeah i left mine in the fridge. Gave up on sifting for now.

Hash is sticky ickyyy -__-

dextr0

dextr0

Watch this reel. I’ve been using her process and it works well. I believe your problem is your needing to have smaller chunks (use smaller amounts too) so they won’t melt together before you get to sift onto parchment.

I know this is a late reply but hopefully it helps.

Last edited:
T

Tuski

Im just starting out informing myself about hash making and drying so correct me if I’m wrong.
But shouldn’t it be possible to take a box of dry ice and put your frozen grated hash on top of parchment in a pizza box onto the ice myb. A metal plate between for extra cold transfer. put that in the freezer and put some holes in the top of the box. Shouldn’t that pull out all the moisture out of soy hash. ( myb put some of these hold stuff des bags into your freezer )

Top Bottom