how do you scuff your seeds

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

headband707

Emery board works but Redskywalker is right you can put them in your mouth and ever so gently break them with your teeth which maybe what the old trick is. I tried this and yes it does work... Atleast it did for me thanks Red.. peace out Headband707

S

Smokin

Looks to me like sgt. schultz has the simplest solution... just roll up a small piece of 500... Lining little boxes with sand paper and trying to remember where I put it next time I need it has already proven more trouble than benefit to this farmer.

420haze

I just use a small sheet of Emery Board and roll the seeds between my thumb and index, of course watching the pressure in order to not crush them. Works like a charm everytime.

budboy299

budboy299

I don't scuff, I squeeze. Especially auto's having hard shells.
take a small pair of pliers and squeeze the seed very lightly from the sides. This is only after soaking will not open them. You will hear a "pop". Do not go beyond this though, this is the shell cracking...the plant inside will have enough force to push the shells apart.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I roll them around on a emory board with my finger lightly.

I have gotten 100% germ on the last 5 packs of gear I popped. (pics on different sub forums here at the farm)

I think getting them out of the water as soon as they drop is crucial.

Plant them in the same position they sprout in.

Watch them like they are newborn babies once they hit the dirt.

U

up yours

Never done anything I so far am 100 percent I di not even know I should do anything ijust put in a moist paper towel and place in a deli cup put lid on and in one day usually they germ and another so long to sprout just one man talking later guys and dolls

L

lil miss lone

My dad was a major proponent of "scuffin em". I knew a dude who lined a pharmacy pill bottle with fine grade sand paper and would carry it in his pocket for a couple days with his seeds in it. He said it scuffed em just fine.

No teeth though, those are very delicate babies in those beans.

catdaddy

catdaddy

sorry for bringing back an old thread, but i have 1 seed (fem) that has cracked with the tail sitting in between the seam and will not come out. to anyone that's reading this thread and has experienced this what would you recommend? thanks in advance

B

Buddy Hemphill

I just use a small sheet of Emery Board and roll the seeds between my thumb and index, of course watching the pressure in order to not crush them. Works like a charm everytime.

Top Bottom