How Do You Seal Your Rosin Bags?

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Who was prepressing 1oz bricks at a time, then pressing for rosin. I suggested to do 25% of it, and his returns nearly doubled if not tripled. All from running smaller amounts, and got much better returns.

But what do I know, I've only done 250+ squished and get phenomenal returns and results with 5.5g 2.5x4.5 25iu baggies and NO blow outs.

I wonder if it varies from press to press, plate to plate? I have done side by sides like you say. It's crazy how much things can vary from just adding material, even if it's the same strain. Thanks for chiming in, I wasn't trying to discredit what you were saying at all. I was just trying to get an answer on how to seal the bag, not technique. With that said, tomorrow I will give exactly what you said a try, and report back. I am getting low on my C grade kief, so I better figure this out quick. Then it's B and A grade baby!

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

seems to me this is ez u putting to much in the bag and when u press it there is no room the exp and burst just like if u put a water bottle in the freezer half full it wont burst fill it full and pop busted bottle

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I wonder if u can make a screen like bag and seal with a weld or soldering it close?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you add an uneven waked out item between 2 flat plates and apply pressure, a few things can happen.

1, if using a welded screen, once you press it, it can damage the soft billet alumnium plates. Reason I'll never use SS screens. My plates are kept well taken care of.

2, if pressing an uneven load, the material being pressed will find the easiest route out. Like water thru a creek, water will always find the quickest way thru a path. Thus causing blowouts, less quantity being presses out.

3, it can and may throw the upper plate and lower plate out of alignment, thus Fvcking up your your plates and or press.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
If you add an uneven waked out item between 2 flat plates and apply pressure, a few things can happen.

1, if using a welded screen, once you press it, it can damage the soft billet alumnium plates. Reason I'll never use SS screens. My plates are kept well taken care of.

2, if pressing an uneven load, the material being pressed will find the easiest route out. Like water thru a creek, water will always find the quickest way thru a path. Thus causing blowouts, less quantity being presses out.

3, it can and may throw the upper plate and lower plate out of alignment, thus Fvcking up your your plates and or press.

It was number 2, but now with the top sealed, I can keep an even amount of pressure on the nylon itself. This is allowing me to press super large amounts. Time saver for sure. I will see if lower amounts of material equal better yields tomorrow, and with kief I can see this. However with flower I am having the opposite results. The more flower I pack in, the higher the returns. Pressed the last of my Banana Sherbet flowers today, and I was putting in 35-45 grams and getting back close to 10grams or just over.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
@DemonTrich How do you feel about pre-press dye's?

When I was using the old hair straightener in the past, the pucking was essential. So far I can pack the bags well, but with a dye it would be much more uniform. What do you think?

grayarea

grayarea

I literally have no idea what that means, or what you are trying to say. Clarification please? I think you mean I am throwing my Press guy under the bus, but really, wouldn't it be the bag man? Also, all I need is a way to seal it....... Once again, clarification please?

cant it breaks the rules to say anything past that.

Haha good luck Grey is nuts only growgod can understand him

^breaks the rules.

why create secondary invisible people on a forum full of invisible shadow people. ur not a normal member so if you disagree with me u just ban me instead of reacting like a normal member in a debate.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
cant it breaks the rules to say anything past that.

^breaks the rules.

why create secondary invisible people on a forum full of invisible shadow people. ur not a normal member so if you disagree with me u just ban me instead of reacting like a normal member in a debate.
Loll not that kind of mod man more like a spam killer I don't mind you or disagree with you I just have seen a good amount of your post to know you are like some sort of artificial intelligence or a crazy mountain man who likes to fuck with peoples small brains

grayarea

grayarea

my bad. just point it out say it hurts and i will stop.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I agree 100% with DemonTrich. WAY too much weight for a 12 ton. I have a 20 ton and I don't even press thAt much. And with the keif, it compacts like sand. Around the same amount of presses. Experience talks.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I agree 100% with DemonTrich. WAY too much weight for a 12 ton. I have a 20 ton and I don't even press thAt much. And with the keif, it compacts like sand. Around the same amount of presses. Experience talks.
You have heated plates for a reason. Let them work for you.

If you arent going to let the heat do part of the work or you may as well slam the Kief with a sledge hammer!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

You have heated plates for a reason. Let them work for you.

If you arent going to let the heat do part of the work or you may as well slam the Kief with a sledge hammer!
Lol okay buddy,
I have pressed at many different temps, I press low and superior pressure. I get the most yield percentage (and I'm sure DemonTrich can attest) When pressing, with an ounce for one squish. All nugs. Anything more starts affecting yield percentages. Experience tells all. It's not anecdotal when it's been tested over and over again days on days of testing. I get anywhere from 20-25% yield every time I squish. You can have fun with your 15% yields.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

i could respond to you the same way. ur not adding in enough information for the math you present to be relevant.
Wow he speaks solid coherent English?:opps:
218 degrees
20 ton press
Pucked up
No bags
6' x 9' aluminum plates
I squish so that it gets as close to the edge without spilling over the actual flower, so that way the oil stays off the plates and doesn't effect that quality due to burning it.

grayarea

grayarea

im not allowed in that lab. im asking what you make per year. input and output.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

im not allowed in that lab. im asking what you make per year. input and output.
Lol Get out of here with that. This isn't the time(12:30) or place(someone else's forum)
I did not mean to hijack in any way just trying to get out all the correct information.

Top Bottom