How do you start your seeds?

• Thread starter Redskywalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BETA

I germinate them first in a wet paper towel or wash cloths in an air tight zip lock air baggie and put it in my box spring aka under my mattress so no light hits it, Then
check back a day or 2 later and use a plastic cop with soil and pearl light and water the soil a bit and plant the seed an inch or so deep.

0MEGA

water the soil in a 16oz solo cup.
make a little hole with my finger , drop the bean, cover it with soil.
I give it 2-3 days and ill see a sprout.
i leave them under the sun during the day and move them under lights when the sun goes down.
I like the papertowel method, its just sometimes i get clumsy and tap root gets damaged sometimes, i wasted a ghost og s1 and raskal og bean using paper towel method.

666elsie

Sorry do not mean to hijack..but do seeding sprouted get 18-6,or 24hr??We always give em 24..

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I keep them under 24 hours light.

true grit

true grit

Usually put them in moist paper towels and germ in 2-3 days. Now that I'm in a colder climate and my heat pad is not accurate enough, I pop straight into soil mix, keep moist and under a 1000w mh 24hrs. Temps about 80. Just popped 14 seeds in soil mix, Day 4 have 12 of 14 sprouted and over an 1". Last two are being bastards.

M

mountaindank

I start them in the 16oz dixie cups, in 80/80/20 coir/compost/castings, about 12" away from a 250W MH.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Plant in 16oz cups full of coco/perlite. Older seeds Soak 24 hrs then plant in 16oz cups of coco/perlite. 75/25 mix.
Peace

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

throw um in paper towels on a plate in ziplock and throw it on my xbox 360~Play cod for 2-3 days tail all sprouted nice and proper

C

ChronicChthonic

All I do for my seeds is throw some soil in a 4" pot or a peat starter pot, turn the soil into mud (basically saturate the pot to full with water), stick the seed in the pot and wait about 3 days, making sure to keep the soil very moist and temperatures between 75-85 in the room. Very rarely do they not germinate within a few days and anything that doesn't pop up within a couple weeks was probably a dud seed to begin with. Since this works just fine for me I never saw the point of fooling around with the paper towel method. Also, I keep them under a 18/6 light cycle and use LEDs, so I don't have to worry about excessive heat from lights.

S

Spiderr

It is really easy to just throw the seeds into a cup of water for a few days til they pop. Works like a charm.

I

Invyme2

:big_boss::big_boss:
I put my seeds in the deep freeze 24 hour before I gem them this make's them think winter has ended... they will start fast .. 24hous to 3 days they should gem in paper towels
:big_boss::big_boss:[ WOW THAT'S BRILLLANT I HAVE TO TRY THAT!!!!!:rauch08:

B

Beeronymous

a plastic lid from one of those crappy little flower starters(about 4x6 inches) and two sponges with some water in the lid to keep the sponges wet.

Top Bottom