Outdoor Gardeners / Growers. Let's Talk-Show Gardens-Soil-Methods-Pests-Critters-Gardening Kind Of Stuff!

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
So I have kind of been winging it in the garden this year and I think I may have double planted my beans 🤣 including the necks just breaking soil there are at least 12 bean plants in this picture.
Those are looking great! Mine look like dog shit and im considering replanting : )

TreeBee

TreeBee

Oh it’s just Bear, Mr. Bear is my father😂 im just kidding you can call me whatever you want! Sorry to hear about your health, sounds like you got just enough to keep you busy while you figure it out.

I pee on my compost pile daily!!! So do the littles hahaha! My littlest, being a girl thinks it sucks because she cant pee like her big brothers and dad 😂

man I thought I planned and timed a little more appropriate this year and was still early!! My tomatoes tell the tale! Things around my parts are finally garden friendly, I was just out there thinking I may have to put my sun shade up over the carrots! Crazy!
The first line of this post slayed me, I had no idea it could get better but it did. Start to finish 5/5☆

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The first line of this post slayed me, I had no idea it could get better but it did. Start to finish 5/5☆
welcome to my brain 🤪 I have a hard time keeping on topic and bounce around a bunch, sometimes itll get me a 5/5 star review ; ) and sometimes it has people thinking im full on retarded : ) appreciate the kind words🙏✌️

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Heres some front yard garden update pics from this morning. The backyard garden is, well I dont want to talk about it!😂
IMG 6285
IMG 6290
IMG 6287
IMG 6288

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Was he actually using urine or Urea type fertilizer?
Initially he was using urine, he must have been peeing in a bucket all winter LOL there were quite a few complaints because of the smell so after a few years of that he eventually changed to Miracle-Gro

In addition to an amazing vegetable garden he grew some very rare Asian plants, that's what got him the notoriety, he also raised koi that I've been told were exceptional as well.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Oh it’s just Bear, Mr. Bear is my father😂 im just kidding you can call me whatever you want! Sorry to hear about your health, sounds like you got just enough to keep you busy while you figure it out.

I pee on my compost pile daily!!! So do the littles hahaha! My littlest, being a girl thinks it sucks because she cant pee like her big brothers and dad 😂

man I thought I planned and timed a little more appropriate this year and was still early!! My tomatoes tell the tale! Things around my parts are finally garden friendly, I was just out there thinking I may have to put my sun shade up over the carrots! Crazy!
Thank you very much, seems my health is apparently fine? I heard from the doctor re: x-rays the other day & my hip joint is solid, he seems think the issue is a tendon, so it's just something I'm going to live with

Since I got the good news I'm contemplating tilling another couple hundred square feet of garden, I'll see how I feel next week

Your garden looks great, is that a tree you're using as a border?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

IMG 20240516 111920
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Thank you very much, seems my health is apparently fine? I heard from the doctor re: x-rays the other day & my hip joint is solid, he seems think the issue is a tendon, so it's just something I'm going to live with

Since I got the good news I'm contemplating tilling another couple hundred square feet of garden, I'll see how I feel next week

Your garden looks great, is that a tree you're using as a border?
Thats great news!! I hear you on the “living with it”. I dont claim to be old but im certainly not a spring chicken anymore either and have been fighting some tendon or nerves or something the last almost year! I’ve had to rearrange how I do shit around the house for it, and save the jobs that are going to hurt : / no complaints from my end though! Lovin life and living the dream!!!

Hey thank you!!! Yes those are all logs from my little tiny property lol. The electric company is on a war path to “keep our power on” (protect their assets and avoid any further law suits) and forcing us to cut trees down. I was supposed to get lengths out of that one but they lied and bucked it because it was too heavy, fuckers!!! So I resorted to using them this way : ) I’m planning of cutting some more for another medium planter but im going to let my back and arm lay low for a few days lol.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Oh that's not a tree, that's a reflection, nevermind 😁 I do like how you use those trees tho, I've been thinking about doing something similar to build a raised bed

This is what I have so far, a little under 500 ft
It’s a tree : ) it just looks like the soil and it’s weird with the sun. The closest corner of the closest bed is where i took the pic this morning, this pic was earlier this month. Not sure if thats what you’re talking about : )

IMG 6173
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

It’s a tree : ) it just looks like the soil and it’s weird with the sun. The closest corner of the closest bed is where i took the pic this morning, this pic was earlier this month. Not sure if thats what you’re talking about : )
Okay yep I see it now, that's exactly what I want to do! I went to drag the first 20-footer out of the woods the other day and I quickly gave up on that 🤣 I would need to get some chain and drag it with my lawn tractor, but that can be done.

First year I was here I had a bumper crop but last year it rained for 6 weeks, all May into the middle of June, my entire back garden washed out, I got six or eight zucchini and about as many eggplants out of the whole garden total, lost everything else, and the near garden was so stunted that I fought bugs all season, terrible harvest.

This year doesn't look like that though, so I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed too!

The compost bags are where I'll plant the cannabis

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I went to drag the first 20-footer out of the woods the other day and I quickly gave up on that
If they hadn’t of already been cut I wouldn’t have even tried to move them before Id of cut them myself! : ) definitely use that yard tractor! I want to get one of those little riding lawn mowers and take the blade of it just to mess around with. I have a 50 foot or so driveway and I think it would be hella funny to check the mail with it!😂 and of course drag and haul some shit around the yard. And I know the kids would love the fact we would “have a tractor” hahaha!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
ALL CALL! Beeeeeeeeeee boooooop, deeeeee doooooooot! Thats the radio calling out the units 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ im an idiot : ) MY DOG WOOD NEEDS HELP!!!!

My dogwood is in some serious trouble, it had a vining ground cover plant over take the base of it and recently I cleaned it all up. I wondering if this hurt the roots of the tree or is it something else? I know this is a weed forum but damn I love this tree and dont want to loose it : ) I top dressed it last week with my grow soil. Wondering if I should add a bloom food or something!? Any help is greatly appreciated! ♥️✌️(NOT A TREE GUY LOL).

TreeBee

TreeBee

ALL CALL! Beeeeeeeeeee boooooop, deeeeee doooooooot! Thats the radio calling out the units 😂🤷🏼‍♂️ im an idiot : ) MY DOG WOOD NEEDS HELP!!!!

My dogwood is in some serious trouble, it had a vining ground cover plant over take the base of it and recently I cleaned it all up. I wondering if this hurt the roots of the tree or is it something else? I know this is a weed forum but damn I love this tree and dont want to loose it : ) I top dressed it last week with my grow soil. Wondering if I should add a bloom food or something!? Any help is greatly appreciated! ♥️✌️(NOT A TREE GUY LOL).
Pictures? Whats going on with it?

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

If they hadn’t of already been cut I wouldn’t have even tried to move them before Id of cut them myself! : ) definitely use that yard tractor! I want to get one of those little riding lawn mowers and take the blade of it just to mess around with. I have a 50 foot or so driveway and I think it would be hella funny to check the mail with it!😂 and of course drag and haul some shit around the yard. And I know the kids would love the fact we would “have a tractor” hahaha!
Okay yep I see it now, that's exactly what I want to do! I went to drag the first 20-footer out of the woods the other day and I quickly gave up on that 🤣 I would need to get some chain and drag it with my lawn tractor, but that can be done.

First year I was here I had a bumper crop but last year it rained for 6 weeks, all May into the middle of June, my entire back garden washed out, I got six or eight zucchini and about as many eggplants out of the whole garden total, lost everything else, and the near garden was so stunted that I fought bugs all season, terrible harvest.

This year doesn't look like that though, so I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed too!

The compost bags are where I'll plant the cannabis
They're loads of fun! Got me a John Deere when I moved here from a postage stamp size yard back at the beach house, now I'm in the middle of the woods with maybe an acre to mow 🤦🏻

first year here I tried to do it with an electric push mower, I learned the hard way that wasn't going to work

The branch I'm sorry to say was just a fallen limb of birch about 4 in around, I figured I could drag it with the wood tongs ...I figured wrong 😂 Sometimes I forget I'm old 😕

Screenshot 20230730 120252
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
They're loads of fun! Got me a John Deere when I moved here from a postage stamp size yard back at the beach house, now I'm in the middle of the woods with maybe an acre to mow 🤦🏻

first year here I tried to do it with an electric push mower, I learned the hard way that wasn't going to work

The branch I'm sorry to say was just a fallen limb of birch about 4 in around, I figured I could drag it with the wood tongs ...I figured wrong 😂 Sometimes I forget I'm old 😕
I hear you! Being able to “drag a log” is totally relative : ) I think I’m starting to age a bit, never growing old though! Made my mind up on that years ago lol.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
It looks like a fungal issue to me septoria perhaps. I would google fungal issues with dogwoods maybe they have their own fungal deseases?
Will do! I got some fungal stuff I used on the peach tree and I swear the the next day the fungal was gone!! Does that sound right? Either way im going to mix some up in a bit and administer! : ) thanks TreeBee♥️✌️

Top Bottom