How does this plant look?

• Thread starter Kendallj24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kendallj24

Kendallj24

Day 22 from soil humidity between 50-60 temperature 70-77
Is this plant throwing any obvious signs to you more experienced growers that something is off or does this look healthy?
last watering 2 days ago.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Looks aces. Maybe a bit thirsty and ready for a pot up.
Ya. Little small for day 22. But healthy enuf.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

In my unprofessional opinion looks like the growth is stunted. Whats your ph?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
have you been watering a little as needed or soaking the pot?

Kendallj24

Kendallj24

have you been watering a little as needed or soaking the pot?

after the first week I started watering till slight run off Im in happy frog with added perlite , water drains pretty well, giving the small amount I give it which probably is equivalent to 1/3 cup of water on average. I think that’s one of my main problems I had a previous grow where my seedlings died 17 days in with very little growth, I think from too much water so now I learned a bit but now day 22 they are 3x bigger than those seedlings but now aren’t as healthy looking as they were a week ago. So idk, any advice for watering ? I try to cover the roots and get them to chase water to the sides & bottom but idk if my techniques will work

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok first can i get a side photo, i want to see the size of the pot compared to the plant,
did you start the seed in that pot?
maybe might be time for a transplant..
post pic?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
thanks, i wouldnt transplant quit yet, only because you want them more healthy looking, but as soon as they are they will be ready for a transplant..
your only issue is that the medium is staying wet too long and it’s slightly suffocating the roots, also the cotyledon leaves are really curled, as with the leaves looking a little blistered, and being stunted, signs of overwatering in your case, you should be fine once they recover, which could take a week or two.
what can help is next time put more holes in any containers your using even on the lower sides or use bags, at least use bags for your final pot.
you can try placing a fan underneath those pots pointing upwards to help dry quicker in the meantime or a seedling heating mat, but careful with that one or just sit it out, but don’t water/feed until those pots are like a piece of styrofoam, seriously.
it’s really night and day to plant health between the soil being constantly wet and being let to dry out..
a plant that is wilting and weak looking from underwatering will usually recover within a day or less, but an overwatered plant can destroy everything and technically be the root cause of everything from pest to mold/mildew, toxicities, deficiencies, etc when the real problem is just overwatering..

Top Bottom