How hot is too hot in a small tent?

• Thread starter sp838
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sp838

sp838

This is why I have a fan with a controller so I can target a VPD for the stage of growth I am in.

They should be controlled automatically.

I have everything on controllers as well. Right now my temps and RH are dialed in to where the exhaust fans arent running at all. Just the interior circulation fans running softly. Should I flush the air out every so often, even if temp and RH are stable and correct?

Ponky

Ponky

I have everything on controllers as well. Right now my temps and RH are dialed in to where the exhaust fans arent running at all. Just the interior circulation fans running softly. Should I flush the air out every so often, even if temp and RH are stable and correct?
When you don't have enough heat to get the fans to kick on you should do a 1 minute fresh air blow like 4 times a day. But you do want to get the heat high enough to be automatic. At night you also want fresh air a couple times. In early veg it's not as critical. In flower you want a lot of fresh air if possible.

sp838

sp838

So I should lower my trigger point just enough to ensure that it will run a bit anyway even if temps are stable? Or maybe I can just program it to run on a cycle, a few minutes every hour or so?

Mothman

Mothman

So I should lower my trigger point just enough to ensure that it will run a bit anyway even if temps are stable? Or maybe I can just program it to run on a cycle, a few minutes every hour or so?
For your purposes I like the latter, maybe even less frequent but the concept is correct.

Scotty420

Scotty420

Looks like you have the ACI controller 69? If so you should just be able to set it to run 1 minute on 5 hrs 59 minutes off. Set it on a different automation as the temp/humidity limit and activate them both. That way it will run one minute every 6 hours at minimum. If it gets too hot or humid & needs to run more it will also do that. Here's how mine's set up, I had the timer off, I'm glad you asked that, I'm going to set mine up that way when I get home. Should look something like this except both turned on.
Screenshot 20230323 165418 AC Infinity

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
You really need co2 to benefit from temps higher than 75°F.
unless you wanna smell you terps go byeee - in my personal experience, grows i had issues keeping the ambient temp down i had less aroma during and after harvest. didn't turn it bad, just seemed to effect it negatively.

Ponky

Ponky

If you can add a timing cycle to the heat controlled cycle and incorporate a heater it would be ideal yeah. So you get air and stay pretty much at temp.

T

TheShroomsDidIt

I believe the ideal leaf temperature is 83 degrees Fahrenheit. I heard that on the garden talk podcast yesterday

Scotty420

Scotty420

Just understand that leaf temperature & air temperature are two different things. Leaf temperature takes into account both the temperature of the air surrounding the leaves as well as the radiated heat coming from your lights. In order to really use leaf temperature you need an IR thermometer that can actually measure the temp on the leaves.

Mothman

Mothman

Just understand that leaf temperature & air temperature are two different things. Leaf temperature takes into account both the temperature of the air surrounding the leaves as well as the radiated heat coming from your lights. In order to really use leaf temperature you need an IR thermometer that can actually measure the temp on the leaves.
I have a kitchen laser thermometer for cooking. Are we talking about the same thing?

Scotty420

Scotty420

I have a kitchen laser thermometer for cooking. Are we talking about the same thing?
Yeah probably, the kind that you point the laser dot at an object & it reads the temperature of the object as opposed to air temp. That way you get the actual temp on the leaf. Most temp sensors measure air temp, which can be different from surface temp

Top Bottom