How hot is too hot?

• Thread starter Moxi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moxi

Moxi

With all lights on temps are around 90 F, i'm considering putting in another intake fan. However i read on here that 90 f isnt that bad. However my nutrient tank is 350 litres and although it is well insulated the increase in temp is through natural transfer from the hydroton temps creep upto 80 f in around three to four days.I can control this by draining off and nut change every four days all be it expensive as i use superthrive, H&G root ex with Vitalink grow, i'm really looking for any alternative ideas? Your help is appreciated!

t.o.med

t.o.med

90f is the top you want to be and thats only if you have jacked c02 levels like 1800-2000ppm. your res temps are unacceptable you could run into some serious problems. you need to buy a chiller if you dont have the cash get it somehow lol. for real get a chiller im not joking. your res should be no higher than 72 max. a constant 68f would be better.

convex

convex

90 is awful warm, should be no hotter than 80 - you can push it a little if you are running CO2. Can you move your rez out of the grow chamber?

S

ShorelineTex

90 degrees is way too hot for the reservoir...how big is it?

If it's small and manageable, you can probably make a jury-rigged evaporative cooler by getting a pond pump or two and making a waterfall into a tub inside which your reservoir sits...that is, of course, assuming you can move the reservoir away from the grow enough to still be able to control the humidity levels.

I've seen decent stuff grow out of a 90 degree air temp without pumping co2, but I would think (completely speculating) it would affect your yield quite a bit unless you're pumping co2, as previously mentioned.

Moxi

Moxi

I'm adding another intake fan, that should bring that down to 80 or not lower. Moving the res tank is a no no, its well insulated but needs cooling so until i can get a pond or beer chiller its more frequent drain downs with bottles of ice i think. Thanks for your reply's, by the way i do not use CO2 at the moment. Thanks!

Moxi

Moxi

Intake fan is now in and temps are at around 78 F now. Ive done a partial drain on the res tank and put some ice bottles in just checked temp and is 65 F. This will do until i can get a pond chiller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom