how i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

this is how i washed /flushed my promix premium moisture control potting mix for salt buildup from using liquid nutes
i am gonna mix this with 3 cubic ft of ffof potting soil to use for my next grow

How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse
How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse
How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse 2
How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse 3

How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse 4
How i washed out promix premium for salt buildup to reuse 5

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

is there another way ? this is all i could think of to do
It'a always going to be a way similar to yours.

You might consider using water with a little bit of epsom salts dissolved in it, if the soil has a lot of peat and other constituents that have a high cation exchange capacity (like worm castings and composts).

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'd find a good mycorrhizae to add to it after cleaning the soil. I've never used that particular pro-mix before but I think most of their stuff has mycorrhizae in it from the start, so may want to replace some that you washed away.

I had great success this year with General Hydroponics Subculture-M and pro-mix HP. Little bit of Fish!t I got from the kind folks here and that's literally all I used. Our hemp yield was about 60 pounds this year, not bad for the first year going Hemp.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I'd find a good mycorrhizae to add to it after cleaning the soil. I've never used that particular pro-mix before but I think most of their stuff has mycorrhizae in it from the start, so may want to replace some that you washed away.

I had great success this year with General Hydroponics Subculture-M and pro-mix HP. Little bit of Fish!t I got from the kind folks here and that's literally all I used. Our hemp yield was about 60 pounds this year, not bad for the first year going Hemp.
im gonna mix that in with 3 cubic feet of fox farm ocean forest so would i really need to add anything to it ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

It'a always going to be a way similar to yours.

You might consider using water with a little bit of epsom salts dissolved in it, if the soil has a lot of peat and other constituents that have a high cation exchange capacity (like worm castings and composts).
well that pro mix is 80 to 90 percent sphagnum peat moss 10 percent coir

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I'd be afraid of bugs.
i got some of this i was planing using as a preventive i had it left over from like 2 grows back what do you think ? plus i got some diatomaceous earth left i can mix into the soil before planting

Are gnats flying around your plants? The larvae from the eggs they lay may be eating the plant roots.

Gnatrol WDG (Water Dispersible Granule) is a highly effective, natural biological control for fungus gnats. It contains a variety of bacillus thuringiensis bacteria that kills gnat larvae, breaking the life cycle. The larvae absorb the Gnatrol, stop eating immediately and die, usually within 24 hours. Although Gnatrol does not kill adult fungus gnats, once the larvae is killed, the adults will quickly die off.

Mix the granules with water and apply as a soil drench or add to the nutrient solution of your hydroponic growing system. Use ¼ teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water, depending on severity of infestation. Repeat weekly for about three weeks so that you catch all the larvae as they hatch from the eggs.

Gnatrol is OMRI listed and approved for organic production. It can be used up to the day of harvest on all edible plants.

growsince79

growsince79

i got some of this i was planing using as a preventive i had it left over from like 2 grows back what do you think ? plus i got some diatomaceous earth left i can mix into the soil before planting

Are gnats flying around your plants? The larvae from the eggs they lay may be eating the plant roots.

Gnatrol WDG (Water Dispersible Granule) is a highly effective, natural biological control for fungus gnats. It contains a variety of bacillus thuringiensis bacteria that kills gnat larvae, breaking the life cycle. The larvae absorb the Gnatrol, stop eating immediately and die, usually within 24 hours. Although Gnatrol does not kill adult fungus gnats, once the larvae is killed, the adults will quickly die off.

Mix the granules with water and apply as a soil drench or add to the nutrient solution of your hydroponic growing system. Use ¼ teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water, depending on severity of infestation. Repeat weekly for about three weeks so that you catch all the larvae as they hatch from the eggs.

Gnatrol is OMRI listed and approved for organic production. It can be used up to the day of harvest on all edible plants.
View attachment 1189617
Gnats are the least of my problems. Got root aphids...

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i had gnats 1 time that is all i had to deal with and i really didn't get rid of them until i got some nema globe pot poppers so far but i only been growing for 1.5 years

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Dont forget to ammend with some dolomite lime! Ive been reusing promix for a bit now and constantly have calcium issues in reused promix, adding a bit of dolomite lime will help and is what promix comes ammended with when fresh (dont add too much!) You dont have to do this but it makes life easier for sure rather than having to feed with extra calcium and manage PH more strictly.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Dont forget to ammend with some dolomite lime! Ive been reusing promix for a bit now and constantly have calcium issues in reused promix, adding a bit of dolomite lime will help and is what promix comes ammended with when fresh (dont add too much!) You dont have to do this but it makes life easier for sure rather than having to feed with extra calcium and manage PH more strictly.
the fert i will be using has calcium in it so i should be ok

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
the fert i will be using has calcium in it so i should be ok
At around $30Cdn per 2cubic foot bale, I can grow about 20 plants in 3 gal containers. I'll add 15% more perlite and I'll mix in some lightly used soil ( from plants I've culled that I've not used flower nutes in ) occasionally. So its cheap enough not to have to recycle old nute filled soil. imho

The old soil I'll use outdoors mixed with top soil & manure in our garden pots

Top Bottom