How Is She Looking?

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Yeah I know that part. I calculated it out and it's like .97 mL but that's gonna be really hard to get.
Yup, I realized you don't want a gallon of it too late. Sorry bout that... Been a tough week, lol

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This is only the second week for my plant. I don't know if the growth for it is normal, but for me it's amazing because my first plants growth was stunned due to miracle gro. My fert is a 2-2-2 and I'm not sure if that's ok or if it's too low.
That sounds like a general use flower fert, what brand is it?

Mari420

Mari420

If it is espoma it is the same thing that I am using atm. They carry these at walmart
http://www.espoma.com/liquids/
Yeah that's what I'm using. I just put some on the plant cuz she's looking even worse today

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should go really light on the espoma, its made with chicken manure which is very hot. I would get a medicine measuring cup, like the ones that come with cough syrup or canna punch. I would start out with 2 to 3 mil and work up to 5 mil per gallon if they like it. 5 mil is just one teaspoon per gallon.

The automatic measuring thing on the top is 20 mil(4 tsp) which is way too much for that seedling.

Mari420

Mari420

You should go really light on the espoma, its made with chicken manure which is very hot. I would get a medicine measuring cup, like the ones that come with cough syrup or canna punch. I would start out with 2 to 3 mil and work up to 5 mil per gallon if they like it. 5 mil is just one teaspoon per gallon.

The automatic measuring thing on the top is 20 mil(4 tsp) which is way too much for that seedling.
Mine says 30mL for a gallon. So I put maybe 1mL into a water bottle

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
6 teaspoons is way too much per gallon for cannabis, it is best to mix up a whole gallon so you know the exact amount per gallon you are adding, used milk jugs work.

The amounts given per gallon on the bottle are for vegetables, I wouldnt go over 7 mil per gallon with the base stuff and then maybe add some bulk/ripener at late flower. Starting out with 2 to 3 mil per gallon should tell you how she will respond, if you dont get anymore burn with 3 mil, gradually up the dose every feeding.

Mari420

Mari420

6 teaspoons is way too much per gallon for cannabis, it is best to mix up a whole gallon so you know the exact amount per gallon you are adding, used milk jugs work.

The amounts given per gallon on the bottle are for vegetables, I wouldnt go over 7 mil per gallon with the base stuff and then maybe add some bulk/ripener at late flower. Starting out with 2 to 3 mil per gallon should tell you how she will respond, if you dont get anymore burn with 3 mil, gradually up the dose every feeding.
How do you measure that out? Since it's barely anything. I put maybe a little squirt into it (the water was a very very light brown).

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The little cups that come with cough syrup have 5,10, and usually 15 ml marks. 5 ml is one teaspoon, you can just use a measuring spoon but the cup makes it easier to gauge less than a teaspoon.
When it comes to fertilizing cannabis, less is is better than too much. You can always add a little more if she doesnt look happy but once she is burned then she is usually stunted and hard to bring back to full potential.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You have nothing to worry about at this stage with that amount of burn, if you use too much in flower it can ruin the whole grow.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hang on guys. The burn on the plant happened with no fertilizer. Showing nutrient deficiency, not excess. Her question was how to measure small quantities of nutes.
I think she has done the right thing by feeding.

ken dog

ken dog

I sometimes use a scale to measure small amounts.

What I would do is measure a larger quantity like say one teaspoon. .. then take that weight and divide the weight by 4 for a quarter teaspoon, or divide the weight by 8 for an eighth of a teaspoon.

For example, I need one eighth of a teaspoon of Raw Cal/mag, so I measured up one teaspoon and got 4.8 grams.

So I divide 4.8 by 8, and I get .6 grams.
So... one eighth of a teaspoon equals .6 grams.

Last edited:
Mari420

Mari420

Hang on guys. The burn on the plant happened with no fertilizer. Showing nutrient deficiency, not excess. Her question was how to measure small quantities of nutes.
I think she has done the right thing by feeding.
Yeah, i gave her some nutes. 2 days later she's going into veg stage

Latest posts

Top Bottom