How Is She Looking?

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

she is 2 weeks old, I just transplanted her last night into a gallon pot from homedepot. She's on 18/6 lighting with no nutes, I water a little every other day. The lights are 2 23w CFL and 2 40w CFL.
How is she looking

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
she is 2 weeks old, I just transplanted her last night into a gallon pot from homedepot. She's on 18/6 lighting with no nutes, I water a little every other day. The lights are 2 23w CFL and 2 40w CFL. View attachment 598382
Good job! No need to water every day in the 1 gal pot unless it drys out completely.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Looks to me that you have a lot of peat in your medium, see some mulch, But I don't see perlite...hope it is well aerated.
could be problem later on.
plant looks good tho

Mari420

Mari420

Looks to me that you have a lot of peat in your medium, see some mulch, But I don't see perlite...hope it is well aerated.
could be problem later on.
plant looks good tho
There is some perlite but not much sadly. I've been looking to get some but o keep forgetting because all the stores sell miracle gro perlite and since my last encounter with miracle gro.. I just don't want to get it. I used their soil, my plant was 7 weeks old and 4 inches. But now this plant, she's 2 weeks old and 2 inches ish.

Mari420

Mari420

Good job! No need to water every day in the 1 gal pot unless it drys out completely.
With this soil the water kinda sits on top and it really annoys me, like I know it'll get down to the bottom eventually but damn

Bannacis

Bannacis

That's the problem with a medium that has too much peat. if possible to repot? peat absorbs water slow...SLOW.
so it will pool and follow a path to run off to. need to get some perlite, vermiculite, green sand and add to your mix.
it wont get better, it will suk!
No compost or manures directly to pot....soil mix...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
There is some perlite but not much sadly. I've been looking to get some but o keep forgetting because all the stores sell miracle gro perlite and since my last encounter with miracle gro.. I just don't want to get it. I used their soil, my plant was 7 weeks old and 4 inches. But now this plant, she's 2 weeks old and 2 inches ish.

Do you have a Farm and Feed store in your area? They tend to also carry fertilizers and amendments Think a place that caters to Farmers, Prolly mom and pop shop. NOT Tractor Supply co.

Thats where i get my perlite body bag size for like 19$

Mari420

Mari420

Do you have a Farm and Feed store in your area? They tend to also carry fertilizers and amendments Think a place that caters to Farmers, Prolly mom and pop shop. NOT Tractor Supply co.

Thats where i get my perlite body bag size for like 19$
I don't think I have any of those stores around me. I've only seen Walmart, lowes, Home Depot, Target, and ace hardware who sell that stuff. But Walmart just sells everything I need online which is a no go.

N

Nog

A 23 watt and a 40 watt CFL doesn't sound like much light.

The most important thing growing indoors is the light.
All else, nutrients, fans, soil mix, PH, come's second.

Get yourself a 400 W metal halide and stop messing around.
They don't cost much.

And why aren't you giving the plant fertilizer?
That seedling needs a shot of water soluble high nitrogen fertilizer.

And a seedling that small in such a big pot for it's size shouldn't need watering every second day.
More like once a week.

Good luck.

Mari420

Mari420

They don't cost much.

And a seedling that small in such a big pot for it's size shouldn't need watering every second day.
More like once a week.

Good luck.
I've heard giving it nutes so young is very bad for it and I haven't been hesitant to give her any. Everything has been fine other than the tips of 2 leaves. I can't figure out what is wrong because I haven't been giving it anything.

Mari420

Mari420

They don't cost much.

More like once a week.

Good luck.
It's 2 23w and 2 40w so it's like 126w total I believe. I haven't been giving it nutes because a lot of people have told me it's way too young and it would just die, but I will add some when I get home today because I think there is something wrong and needs some nutes. The tips have been turning a brown purple color and I can't find what is wrong with it.

BudBogart

BudBogart

A seedling has enough food store so the don't need or want ferts in the first two weeks.
But after that you will want to start feeding low doses of nutrients gradually increasing to recommended feeding. Most growers recommend starting with 1/4 strength.
If they don't get nutes soon they will start yellowing at the bottom leaves and other signs.

Mari420

Mari420

A seedling has enough food store so the don't need or want ferts in the first two weeks.
But after that you will want to start feeding low doses of nutrients gradually increasing to recommended feeding. Most growers recommend starting with 1/4 strength.
If they don't get nutes soon they will start yellowing at the bottom leaves and other signs. View attachment 599316
This is only the second week for my plant. I don't know if the growth for it is normal, but for me it's amazing because my first plants growth was stunned due to miracle gro. My fert is a 2-2-2 and I'm not sure if that's ok or if it's too low.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looks good for two weeks! I thought she was older. Great! Is your 2-2-2 liquid or granular or?
Might be the right time to start feeding. Your girl has done a lot of growth all on her own! Off to a good start.

Mari420

Mari420

Looks good for two weeks! I thought she was older. Great! Is your 2-2-2 liquid or granular or?
Might be the right time to start feeding. Your girl has done a lot of growth all on her own! Off to a good start.
She's almost 3 actually haha on Monday, that was when I was going to start feeding, but I can do it when i get home. And it's a shit color brown liquid. What I'm worried about is over feeding it. I put it in a water bottle and it says 30mL for a gallon so it's hard to find 1/4 of an 1/8.

Top Bottom